James Jones

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know defenders had to cover him, which helped DD get some catches from the big 5 formation.

Teamwork, daddio!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya it actually was one of those days where i thought that Brett didn't spread the ball around much but then I realized we only threw it a little over 20 times and a huge grin came on my face. This is the balance we need in the playoffs. I was happy to not see 40 attempts today even if guys like JJ and Martin miss out on the action

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that they only used the big 5 one time, although I did see four receivers plus the TE on several plays. This game was the perfect opportunity for Favre to throw the ball less often than usual.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.....look at it this way. We won by a landslide, and din't even NEED him!
He's still there, for next game!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My cousin and I went to a new Packer memorabilia store in the mall in Fond du Lac and he bought an autographed James Jones 8x10.

I told him that buying the picture of a current player is almost guaranteeing a curse. Let's hope it's kinda like the 1 day flu and he'll recover against the craptastic Rams.

Who's picture did I get? Gilbert Brown. It's so ****ing cool too. He's in the middle of his gravedigger celebration.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
My cousin and I went to a new Packer memorabilia store in the mall in Fond du Lac and he bought an autographed James Jones 8x10.

I told him that buying the picture of a current player is almost guaranteeing a curse. Let's hope it's kinda like the 1 day flu and he'll recover against the craptastic Rams.

Who's picture did I get? Gilbert Brown. It's so ****ing cool too. He's in the middle of his gravedigger celebration.
How much did it cost for the Jones auto?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were hardly any passes thrown. We were a running team yesterday. JJ just happened to be left out. It wasn't personal. No need to pass much when Grant gets 150+ yards on the ground.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmon, according to the insider "Did you noticed ? "article in Monday's December 19, 2007 Green Bay Press -Gazette-
FINAL game report on the Oakland -Packer game.

"Packer Coach Mike McCarthy and offensive coordinator Joe Philbin used their base (two receivers, two running backs and a tight end) on 28 of their 59 snaps and used five -receiver set only once."

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmon, according to the insider "Did you noticed ? "article in Monday's December 19, 2007 Green Bay Press -Gazette-
FINAL game report on the Oakland -Packer game.

"Packer Coach Mike McCarthy and offensive coordinator Joe Philbin used their base (two receivers, two running backs and a tight end) on 28 of their 59 snaps and used five -receiver set only once."

Yes. yesterday was a running game. There was no reason for it to be a passing game. MM gameplans for each opponent to attack their weakness. Oakland's weakness - defending the run. So, why pass?

If I'm not mistaken, we had about a 60/40 run/pass percentage.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe the fact that #4 was injured had something to do with the offensive game plan that was run against Oakland.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
maybe the fact that #4 was injured had something to do with the offensive game plan that was run against Oakland.

Or the fact that it was 18 degrees and Oakland has the #30 rushing Defense in the NFL?

How about all 3 reasons?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Or the fact that it was 18 degrees and Oakland has the #30 rushing Defense in the NFL?

I think it's the #30 rushing D. If I'm not mistaken, I've heard MM specifically say he gameplans for each opponent in one of his postgame interviews.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
dhpackr said:

I think it's the #30 rushing D. If I'm not mistaken, I've heard MM specifically say he gameplans for each opponent in one of his postgame interviews.
that's the way i interpret that quotation as well.

Members online

Latest posts