James Jones

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3098817

on Espn. com theres an article about what the draft would look like if there was a re-do today.....

There is glowing remarks about James Jones, and Todd Mcshay believes that James Jones would be selected 3rd overall in the second round,, wow talk about a steal for thompson, im seriously becoming more and more impressed with thompson finding steals in the draft similar to ron wolf did during our championship runs,,,,,

go pack go

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3098817

on Espn. com theres an article about what the draft would look like if there was a re-do today.....

There is glowing remarks about James Jones, and Todd Mcshay believes that James Jones would be selected 3rd overall in the second round,, wow talk about a steal for thompson, im seriously becoming more and more impressed with thompson finding steals in the draft similar to ron wolf did during our championship runs,,,,,

go pack go

And Jennings was definitely a steal in last year's draft. I know 2nd round is a high pick, but still, every team in the NFL with a 1st round draft pick could have had him. When he puts up double digit TDs this year, other teams will realize just how good he is.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah good point....jennings and jones are quite the finds in the second and third rounds

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That article is pretty funny. It has us picking Alan Branch in the second to "solidify our defensive line depth", which is also known as the deepest position on our team.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i saw that..... we did pick harrell so maybe the author thought that was a position of interest and need, but yah..... a little off the mark

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones was on the local radio show this morning. He interviewed very well. Very well spoken. Said a lot of the normal cliche stuff, but also had some good answers. He grew up with a single mom, bouncing from shelter to shelter. They asked him how he stayed out of trouble, and he said his mom was always there for him. THey asked him what it felt like to burn Champ Bailey. He said that he doesnt get into that kind of talk, but that if he follows his coaching, there isnt any reason that he couldnt be open on every play. I am paraphrasing, but his answer to that question was very solid. Seemed like a very genuine guy.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol very well spoken..... thats what white people alwyas say about black people who can talk

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones was on the local radio show this morning. He interviewed very well. Very well spoken.

Nice to know he's well spoken. He's not like the rest of them. College degree, no prior convictions and no illegitemate kids. None of that dancin in the endzone. He's a credit to his race. And when he smiles........

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
James Jones was on the local radio show this morning. He interviewed very well. Very well spoken.

Nice to know he's well spoken. He's not like the rest of them. College degree, no prior convictions and no illegitemate kids. None of that dancin in the endzone. He's a credit to his race. And when he smiles........

wow.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
4thand26 said:

wow.

Agreed.. no place for that in my opinion...

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
de_real_deal said:
4thand26 said:

wow.

I know, it was sarcasm obviously since im black too

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Packnic said:
de_real_deal said:
4thand26 said:

wow.

Ok... now that's f'ing hilarious. :D At first I couldn't believe what I was reading, but I got it now.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Well played.. on the net some sarcasm is hard to interpet within the words and not knowing or seeing the "speaker".

Hope I didn't offend.. I probably lean of the cautious side...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That article is pretty funny. It has us picking Alan Branch in the second to "solidify our defensive line depth", which is also known as the deepest position on our team.

Not everyone including me was convinced all of the guys on our roster at DL were as good as they have turned out to be.

We can talk about Jones as the surprise of the draft but you have to pick Jolly as the surprise of the DL. You take out a couple of these guys who were unknown at the time of the draft and those moves start making more sense.

It's a hell of a lot easier to say we don't need help now.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol very well spoken..... thats what white people alwyas say about black people who can talk

Donavon, is that you?

His answer to the Champ Bailey question was extremely well put. THe announcer was trying to get Jones to talk some trash, and Jones didn't. The interview impressed me, which is why I took my time to write about it on this web site because I thought that packer fans might want more insight about their player. I am sorry for the slam, I guess.

Sincerly,

Rush

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope people forgive him now for the Bears game. I remember we had to calm a few posters down that night who would of cut the guy if they were in charge

For the record, I forgave him during the game.
Rookies make rookie mistakes. Move on.

Jones is going to be good. Like I've said a million times before, he reminds me of Sterling Sharpe.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have a grudge against Jones for the fumbles. I talked SO MUCH trash to bears people leading up to that game and he was a key reason we lost. Still burns me up a bit. But I love Jones. He's awesome. Just never do that again, Jimbo.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have a grudge against Jones for the fumbles. I talked SO MUCH trash to bears people leading up to that game and he was a key reason we lost. Still burns me up a bit. But I love Jones. He's awesome. Just never do that again, Jimbo.

The thing is, he won't. He learned the lesson the hard way, and now works on holding the ball correctly after catching the pass. Sure, he'll have fumbles in the future. Everyone fumbles. But not gimmies like that game.

Members online

Latest posts