James Jones

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you revisit this thread? Why not revisit the hiring of McCarthy threads?

******* a loss on Jones is baffling to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I did see you post drafting James Jones looks like a regret??

Favre did throw that INT to Urlacher which was on him. How about Woodson? Should we of not of signed him because of this game. Hiring McCarthy might be bad too.

The Packers beat the Packers. James Jones didn't beat the Packers. He helped but the team is the reason why we loss this game. Not one guy and definitely not the Bears.

I let myself cool off for a night and am still that pissed off about it. Think about guys who have fumbling problems, Tiki Barber comes to mind, might fumble twice in a game and that looks bad. BUT he touches the ball 25 times a game. It just boggles the mind that a guy loses the ball twice in a row.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Why would you revisit this thread? Why not revisit the hiring of McCarthy threads?

******* a loss on Jones is baffling to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I did see you post drafting James Jones looks like a regret??

Favre did throw that INT to Urlacher which was on him. How about Woodson? Should we of not of signed him because of this game. Hiring McCarthy might be bad too.

The Packers beat the Packers. James Jones didn't beat the Packers. He helped but the team is the reason why we loss this game. Not one guy and definitely not the Bears.

I let myself cool off for a night and am still that pissed off about it. Think about guys who have fumbling problems, Tiki Barber comes to mind, might fumble twice in a game and that looks bad. BUT he touches the ball 25 times a game. It just boggles the mind that a guy loses the ball twice in a row.

I understand we're your coming from. I screamed at the television when both of them happen. Had the Packers played a perfect game then I would've definitely looked back at those two plays but so many penalties and 2 other turnovers by two veterans whom we expect to play well. Play calling. James Jones was just one piece to the puzzle in my opinion.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand we're your coming from. I screamed at the television when both of them happen. Had the Packers played a perfect game then I would've definitely looked back at those two plays but so many penalties and 2 other turnovers by two veterans whom we expect to play well. Play calling. James Jones was just one piece to the puzzle in my opinion.

The two fumbles were the root of all of our problems, it just went down and momentum shifted. Jones wasnt the only reason for losing, but if not it's 13-0 AT THE WORST

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

The two fumbles were the root of all of our problems, it just went down and momentum shifted. Jones wasnt the only reason for losing, but if not it's 13-0 AT THE WORST

Despite the fumbles, Green Bay was up 17-7 at half. They had a chance to win. They could've blew them out had it not been for the fumbles but the Bears didn't do anything with them and the Packers were in control and looking like a 5-0 team for the most part.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
porky88 said:

Despite the fumbles, Green Bay was up 17-7 at half. They had a chance to win. They could've blew them out had it not been for the fumbles but the Bears didn't do anything with them and the Packers were in control and looking like a 5-0 team for the most part.

very true.

sure it hurt, but Jones isnt the reason we lost. no one player ever is really.

The fumbles were terrible but like porky says... 17-7 at the half... and we couldnt hang on. not james fault there. at least soley.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey, this wasn't as if the ball just squirted out of his hands. It's no coincidence that both times it was Tillman jacking that ball. Did you see the plays? Tillman punched the ball out perfectly.

All I'm saying was this isn't a case of some rookie with butterfinger hands not being able to hold onto the ball. Those were great defensive plays, and I guarantee Jones will have to learn from it, but don't throw him overboard just yet. It sucks, and maybe he gets fewer balls thrown his way for awhile, but I think we're forgetting just how good the Bears defense really can be.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fumbles didn't help but how many penalties did we have when we stopped the Bears on 3rd down? Way too many, we just played sloppy in the 2nd half minus a few bad calls.

It's time to shift the focus onto Washington and get back on track to make it to the Super Bowl. It could be worse we could be at 1-4 like we were after week 5 last season.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Let's not forget he was stripped by Charles Tillman, an above average starter.

Jones will have his growing pains, and I'll say it again: he needs to be faced with adversity so he can overcome it and grow as a player.

If he isn't faced with adversity, how on earth can he ever overcome it?

Jones will improve, and he will get a big test this week in terms of overcoming adversity.

His fumbles hurt us in the short term, but in the long term this may have been the best thing to happen to him.

Above average not great. And no, his fumbles hurt is in the long term as well. Both of those fumbles more than likely would have resulted in scores which could have turned the game into a rout. I'm not one that believe that adversity makes you better. I guess if you get better because of it, it's one thing. Practice is for mistakes, you can't make them in games and I don't care if you're a rookie or a veteran like Favre.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We should have traded that pick used for James Jones for Randy Moss.
[marq=left]FIRE TED, FIRE TED, FIRE TED and FIRE MIKE![/marq]

:shrug:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse...i disagree that fumbling in a game doesn't have an impact. When you screw up in front of your coaches and teammates in practice...big deal...if you screw up w/ all of America watching, you're going to make sure you don't do that again (unless your name is brett favre or ahman green)

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Youth is not an excuse to do less than what is asked of you on a pro level however many rookies and veterans alike fumble. We can at least give one of those fumbles to a good play on Tillman's half too I suppose. Either way, you can be sure Jones will be hearing about holding the ball high and tight and pulling in quicker upon receiving the ball all week. Lessons will be learned. I look forward to revenge in Chicago. Who else? :)

OP
OP
B

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope this is a joke, no offense if it isn't though. We have to have faith in Jones, he seems like a good guy who needs another chance. I didn't see it, but my mom said they had a thing about where he came from on tv either last night or a couple days ago. This guy was sleeping in homeless shelters, having his mom throw him footballs at night because football was all he ever wanted to do. If he overcame that hard of a childhood, why is it so hard to believe he can overcome his ball protection problems? I was as dissapointed as the next guy when he coughed those balls up, but he has been incredibly solid otherwise, don't forget that. Is it so much to ask to keep faith in a struggling, but talented rookie? I hope this doesn't ignite the " we should have got Randy Moss " rants again. James Jones deserves better than that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I hope this is a joke, no offense if it isn't though. We have to have faith in Jones, he seems like a good guy who needs another chance. I didn't see it, but my mom said they had a thing about where he came from on tv either last night or a couple days ago. This guy was sleeping in homeless shelters, having his mom throw him footballs at night because football was all he ever wanted to do. If he overcame that hard of a childhood, why is it so hard to believe he can overcome his ball protection problems? I was as dissapointed as the next guy when he coughed those balls up, but he has been incredibly solid otherwise, don't forget that. Is it so much to ask to keep faith in a struggling, but talented rookie? I hope this doesn't ignite the " we should have got Randy Moss " rants again. James Jones deserves better than that.

I read "hope this is a joke" and immediately looked to see when you registered. Oct 2006.

Now you have seen MANY of my posts, you HAVE to know its a joke and if you don't, well, pay more attention to intelligent posters such as ME! heh :)

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones has really shown up for the packers. Sure he had two fumbles but it was caused by Tillman, not by Jones having butter fingers. Good playmaking on the defense of the Bears. Of course we could of probaly came away with another touchdown or 3 points on both those drives. But i pin this loss on the entire team really. To fumbles, the lousy interception Brett threw, bad play calling, bad refs, penalties...ect. Chicago lives off of turnovers and i knew going into the game that was the only way they could beat us. We were really the superior team, but showed how young we were and how we have to play perfect football to win.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones has really shown up for the packers. Sure he had two fumbles but it was caused by Tillman, not by Jones having butter fingers. Good playmaking on the defense of the Bears. Of course we could of probaly came away with another touchdown or 3 points on both those drives. But i pin this loss on the entire team really. To fumbles, the lousy interception Brett threw, bad play calling, bad refs, penalties...ect. Chicago lives off of turnovers and i knew going into the game that was the only way they could beat us. We were really the superior team, but showed how young we were and how we have to play perfect football to win.

I keep hearing the GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY thing over and over. Honestly Tillman stripped it. It was not anything amazing or something your average DB couldn't do. The reason it popped out was because JJ was careless. I love JJ but C'Mon he's gotta protect that ball. It wasn't Tillman or the vaunted Bears D. It was carelessness.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Gattocheese said:

I keep hearing the GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY thing over and over. Honestly Tillman stripped it. It was not anything amazing or something your average DB couldn't do. The reason it popped out was because JJ was careless. I love JJ but C'Mon he's gotta protect that ball. It wasn't Tillman or the vaunted Bears D. It was carelessness.

Stripping the ball out is easier said than done. To have the presence of mind to go after the ball when someone is being careless with it takes some skill too. It's not like these guys are walking around the park, they're running full speed trying to meet their objective. For a team that prides itself on creating turn overs, it's second nature.

I'm not saying it was a 'great play' by Tillman. Like you said, when you're being careless with the ball, you only make it easier for a team to strip it. Knowing the Bears history as a turn over machine, Jones should have been more careful. Everyone knows when you play the Bears, they will create turn overs. Jones just made it easier for them to look better.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
Gattocheese said:

Stripping the ball out is easier said than done. To have the presence of mind to go after the ball when someone is being careless with it takes some skill too. It's not like these guys are walking around the park, they're running full speed trying to meet their objective. For a team that prides itself on creating turn overs, it's second nature.

I'm not saying it was a 'great play' by Tillman. Like you said, when you're being careless with the ball, you only make it easier for a team to strip it. Knowing the Bears history as a turn over machine, Jones should have been more careful. Everyone knows when you play the Bears, they will create turn overs. Jones just made it easier for them to look better.

I agree but I don't think you protect the ball different against Tillman/Bears than you do against a 4th string LB.

I was ok with the first one but the second was silly. You would think the first time would drive home the message. JJ will be fine, but man PROTECT THE BALL JAMES!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
Gattocheese said:

I agree but I don't think you protect the ball different against Tillman/Bears than you do against a 4th string LB.

I was ok with the first one but the second was silly. You would think the first time would drive home the message. JJ will be fine, but man PROTECT THE BALL JAMES!

I'm not saying you would protect it differently, but in the same breath if I knew I was playing a ball stripping defense I'd be helluva lot more careful with the ball than he displayed Sunday evening. lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James'll get better at that. He is a rookie. We were spoiled with the great play with no drawbacks...well there ya go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:
Zero2Cool said:

I read "hope this is a joke" and immediately looked to see when you registered. Oct 2006.

Now you have seen MANY of my posts, you HAVE to know its a joke and if you don't, well, pay more attention to intelligent posters such as ME! heh :)
Wait....isn't that last sentence a contradiction in itself???? :wink: :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
James'll get better at that. He is a rookie. We were spoiled with the great play with no drawbacks...well there ya go.

I just watched both of the plays again while doing the highlight video and one was his fault and the other was a good play by Tillman. Well, both are Jones fault, but the second one was a good play by Tillman.

Members online

Latest posts