James Jones

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I spoke with several friends who saw some OTA sessions, and saw in an article or two, that James Jones is everything the coaches expected him to be. Goes up between multiple defenders and just takes the ball away.....super sure hands....and great at gaining seperation. Given he is a very strong and physical receiver, his game should improve further when the pads go on...and he can impose himself physically on the secondary.

The more I hear and read about this guy, the more excited I get.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw he didn't have excellent speed, but I knew he had great hand that could catch almost anything.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone says he was a reach at where we drafted him. I hope he proves everyone wrong and they wish they would have drafted him in the 1st round.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone says he was a reach at where we drafted him. I hope he proves everyone wrong and they wish they would have drafted him in the 1st round.
Look at what we got out of 7th round Driver! Hopefully this kid can become an instant star!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well if the Packer scouts are right about him, which so far so good, then Ted wanted to make sure they got this kid... so they overspent on him to get him... well at least in the draftniks eyes overspent that is.

PS... you know the world is spinning out of control when Kiper has his own collectors card...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Thankfully he hasn't done anything wrong yet.

I agree with digs, putting the pads on should work to Jimbo Jone's advantage, but I'm more concerned about him getting on the same page with Brett.

He needs to understand Brett's signals, and with so many reps being split among the other QBs, that may take some time (a couple of weeks into the season) until he is completely comfortable with Brett. That's the only bit that worries me, we can't afford to have Jones finally comfortable 2/3 weeks into the season.

I just hope he can build that comfort zone quickly, he certainly seems like he's got the tools to make an immediate impact!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a few thousand players looking pretty good in practices right now. The next hurdle is also looking good in training camp, and then looking good in pre-season games, and then making the final roster. After all that comes what really counts, looking good in the regular season. And for some, also looking good in the post-season.

We shall see.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a few thousand players looking pretty good in practices right now. The next hurdle is also looking good in training camp, and then looking good in pre-season games, and then making the final roster. After all that comes what really counts, looking good in the regular season. And for some, also looking good in the post-season.

We shall see.

My, that was negative.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is certainly shocking me so far. I had him pegged for the bust of the Packers picks. It's very early but I'd have to guess he's the front runner for the #3 spot as of now.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything you hear about him makes you think that he's the real deal.

But get the pads on first. Defenders will get nastier too. Let's see how he
developes.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

We shall see.

My, that was negative.

You're welcome to your opinion, I look at it moreso as being realistic.

As I said, there's somewhere around 3,000 players on NFL team's rosters right now. In a couple of months, about 1/3 of them won't. Of those, many will be players who looked really good in mini-camps and even training camp, but for some reason or other, don't have what it takes either mentally or physically to be professional football players.

I hope, as much as anyone else, that Jones turns into the next Sterling Sharpe. I also hope he progresses as quickly as Jennings did last year. But there's also the chance that he'll progress and perform as much as Ferguson has throughout his career. No one really knows including TT, MM and even Jones himself.

As I said, we shall see.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if the Packer scouts are right about him, which so far so good, then Ted wanted to make sure they got this kid... so they overspent on him to get him... well at least in the draftniks eyes overspent that is.

PS... you know the world is spinning out of control when Kiper has his own collectors card...

Do you have that card, or did you just find the pic on the web?
(I'm a card collector)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is certainly shocking me so far. I had him pegged for the bust of the Packers picks. It's very early but I'd have to guess he's the front runner for the #3 spot as of now.

When the pick was first made, I wasn't to happy, at first I was thought he would get injured or just plain suck. Now He looks like he is ready to play.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

(I'm a card collector)

Cheesey... my son has about 8 or 9 thousand cards.. however he doesn't have this one... however he did get an autographed Roger Clemens jersey card from his first stint with the Yankees on his birthday a couple of weeks ago... I hate the yanks but he is proud of that card.. he has it right next to his autographed Reggie White card.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pack93z said:

(I'm a card collector)

Cheesey... my son has about 8 or 9 thousand cards.. however he doesn't have this one... however he did get an autographed Roger Clemens jersey card from his first stint with the Yankees on his birthday a couple of weeks ago... I hate the yanks but he is proud of that card.. he has it right next to his autographed Reggie White card.
SWEET!!! I don't have a Clemens sig. Last year i DID pull an AJ Hawk autograph out of Topps football cards.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TOP....Sterling is who this guy reminds me of physically...power, hands, etc. Let's hope his game is reminiscent as well.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that Sterling Sharpe never really talks about his time with Green Bay? Also, why wasnt he on the team in 96?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why wasnt he on the team in 96?

Severe Career ending neck injury

You must be a complete idiot to not know what happened to sterling sharpe. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention!!

(sorry I had to do that)

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfanforever said:
why wasnt he on the team in 96?

Severe Career ending neck injury

You must be a complete idiot to not know what happened to sterling sharpe. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention!!

(sorry I had to do that)

HAHA....I suppose I had that one coming! Good one!! For some reason the only thing that comes to mind is a nagging turf toe injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts