1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

James Jones is Turning Heads

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by porky88, Aug 1, 2007.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070801/PKR01/708010617/1989

Here is another article on James Jones. Looks like he's making some big time plays in camp. Hopefully he can be as productive as Jennings was as a rookie minus the injury. If so we may of hit good with what most had thought was a reach.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this is EXACTLY how it started with Jennings.

I actually think there was an article that even said "Rookie receiver Jennings is turning heads"

and this year we got 'Rookie receiver Jones is turning heads'

good info, pork.

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's great to be hearing these things about Jones. It started back in the mini-camps. There are always receivers who are underestimated because their 40 yard dash times were unimpressive. I like what Rodgers says about how you don't have to worry about an interception when you throw to him. That's a huge advantage right there.

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    What's good about this is that the early reports have his strengths actually with pads on and that he wins battles for the ball with DB's.

Good hands and wins the battle for the ball. A perfect #3.

The "not worrying about an interception" when you throw it to him is testimony of his awareness of the ball and the defender and not allowing the DB a path to the ball.

Fergy needs to watch how this is done. That has made him a liability at the #3. He's out there focused on the ball and doesn't keep the DB out and often get's outhustled and outfought.

Jones could turn out to be a great find at #3. You don't need a yards after the catch guy here. You need a tough catch and move the chains guy and someone not afraid to go across and clear the middle.

This is the kind of guy that makes Jennings and Driver bigger play makers.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, especially with 'ol #4 slingin the ball! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So far the arguement can be made that he has looked better than Greg Jennings did as a rookie.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Blasphemy!

but seriously, there were as many reports on jennings last year.

its still awesome though if he lives up to the tc hype.

8. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummm errrrrr ummm errrrrrrr I think my head just exploded

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's the truth. I hear it on the Training Camp report and I've seen it in a couple of articles. I like Greg Jennings all the way but Jones' impact has been right on par with Jennings' last year according to a lot of the people who cover the Packers around here.

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, Yared-Yam has a man-crush on Jennings. He thinks Jennings is the best thing since sliced bread (kinda hard to argue with him there).

On a serious note, I found it interesting that CB Woodson wasn't as quick to compare Jones to Jennings.

He said you instantly knew there was something about Jennings last year, but he hesitated to say the same thing about Jones.

C-Wood said Jones was doing good, but we need to wait and see how he performs in the game.

Regardless, I think going up against two great corners in Harris and Woodson is really going to help Jones throughout TC.