James Jones hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Jones leaves practice because of injury
Packers receiver James Jones left practice this morning with an apparent right hamstring injury.

Jones hobbled back to the line of scrimmage clutching his right thigh after running a deep route about 20 minutes into practice. The rookie continued to practice, with trainers monitoring closely.

About 35 minutes after he first showed a sign of the injury, Jones left the receivers' stretching circle, got into an SUV and was driven away by a member of the training staff.

The extent of Jones' injury wasn't immediately clear, but if it's enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against San Diego, it would be a huge blow to the Packers offense. He had been the Packers' No. 2 receiver the first two weeks because Greg Jennings also is nursing a hamstring injury. Jennings has not practiced this week, though it's possible he'll test the injury Friday.

The Packers have only three other receivers on the roster: Pro Bowler Donald Driver and reserves Ruvell Martin and Chris Francies, who was signed off the practice squad Saturday when the team placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he continued to practice I would say that this is probably precautionary at this point. You don't take another running step after a hamstring injury if there is anything to it. If they let him continue on I would say that is a great sign.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well AADP, it is time for your boy to step up and start playing, Jennings that is. Unless there is more wrong with him than the Packers are letting on.

Like War said, good sign that he continued, bad sign it is Thursday today and only has a day or two to rest it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
What worries me is him being taken awaay in a car.

That would seem like something odd and not needed.

No, him being taken away in a car is good. If he was taken in a ambulance, that's bad.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Well him being taken away in a cart would be a heck of a lot better than him being taken away in an SUV...

Yeah because a cart is going to be crossing Oneida St ...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he'll get treatment from now till sunday, he'll be fine.

mmmmmm. mmmmmm.

Just Like the Great Mo who was going to be ready for the 2nd preseason game, well last preaseason game, well season opener, well giants game, well IR looks more posible everyday for me.

No,,,, it is not good at all and he MIGHT not play sunday, if Jennings stays out we have Ruvell and Francies and Onrea to play... mmmmm..... mmmm. Bad, very bad indeed.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is with all these ham string injuries??? I don't remember players getting these all the time in years past. I thought these guys were in top condition? I just don't get it.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
he'll get treatment from now till sunday, he'll be fine.

mmmmmm. mmmmmm.

Just Like the Great Mo who was going to be ready for the 2nd preseason game, well last preaseason game, well season opener, well giants game, well IR looks more posible everyday for me.

No,,,, it is not good at all and he MIGHT not play sunday, if Jennings stays out we have Ruvell and Francies and Onrea to play... mmmmm..... mmmm. Bad, very bad indeed.

Maaayyybe I'm missing something here....

Who is Onrea? Is that a nickname or an actual players name?

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, the injury list is...well...overflowing. I just hope a big portion of these injuries are playable. We need every available man out there Sunday...not to state the obvious or anything. Jones and Jenkins are my two major worries.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
What is with all these ham string injuries??? I don't remember players getting these all the time in years past. I thought these guys were in top condition? I just don't get it.

There was mention after week one that the NFL was looking at football cleats used on particular grass surfaces.

In particular, the new type of field the Packers installed (and few other teams already have installed) might require a different type of cleat than the ones used on normal grass fields.

There might be a relationship between the cleats and the hamstring injuries.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Small update:

Coach Mike McCarthy said after practice that Jones tweaked his hamstring and, as a precaution, he sent to get rehab right away.

Jones was asked if he was concerned in his brief locker room appearance.

"Nah," Jones said, as he walked away.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
^ Main point of that article is that Jennings has passed his test.

Gregorious wants vengeance on those who doubted him. If I was a Chargers DB, I'd be crying while curled up in a corner because I'd knew Gregorious will be furious on the field this week.

That's right, all those that linked Greg to Ferggy should rejoice; rejoice that Gregorious has decided not to make their heads explode for their ignorance.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Main point of that article is that Jennings has passed his test.

Gregorious wants vengeance on those who doubted him. If I was a Chargers DB, I'd be crying while curled up in a corner because I'd knew Gregorious will be furious on the field this week.

That's right, all those that linked Greg to Ferggy should rejoice; rejoice that Gregorious has decided not to make their heads explode for their ignorance.

Could someone be a dear and hook us up wit the linkage to said article?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_ in_ black- 2 signed to practice squad- Qb Dalton Bell released- Article from Wednesday, September 18. 2007- Green Bay Press-Gazette.

"Receiver Onrea Jones and guard Chirs Patrick were signed to Green Bay Packer practice squad on Tuesday. The team released practice-squad quarterback Delton Bell, who signed last week.

Jones spent the final month of training camp with the San Diego Chargers before being released in the final roster reduction..

He originally signed with Houson Texans in May as undrafted rookie out of Hampton.

Patrick who played at Nebraska, spent time with the New York Giants and New England Patriots during training this summer."

WR Onera Jones 5'11" 201 lbs played at Hampton

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_ in_ black- 2 signed to practice squad- Qb Dalton Bell released- Article from Wednesday, September 18. 2007- Green Bay Press-Gazette.

"Receiver Onrea Jones and guard Chirs Patrick were signed to Green Bay Packer practice squad on Tuesday. The team released practice-squad quarterback Delton Bell, who signed last week.

Jones spent the final month of training camp with the San Diego Chargers before being released in the final roster reduction..

He originally signed with Houson Texans in May as undrafted rookie out of Hampton.

Patrick who played at Nebraska, spent time with the New York Giants and New England Patriots during training this summer."

WR Onera Jones 5'11" 201 lbs played at Hampton
WHOA! Jones was with the CHARGERS???
Hmmm.....could this be a way to get into their playbook a little??? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts