James Jones & Cullen Jenkins

Will James Jones &/or Cullen Jenkins be back with us?

• James Jones will be back this season for us

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Cullen Jenkins will be, getting all the available $ we have

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Thanks to the labor mess, both guys will stay based on 2010 salaries

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, both guys have played their final games as Packers :o(

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have both guys played their final games as Packers?

Or will the labor mess cause guys like Jones to remain UNrestriced free agents for another year and allow him to stay a Packer?

Will the Packers find the money to keep Cullen, for 3-4 more years?
Will he take 10% less to stay with the champs who gave him a chance?
Or have the Packers given up on trying to keep him?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both will make more $ than we want to pay them. Hope they cash in for a team outside of the NFC north.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of teams in need in both positions so I can't see either of them being with the Packers this season, I think the Rams will pony up for Jones and I just hope to hell that Jenkins doesn't stay in our division.

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of teams in need in both positions so I can't see either of them being with the Packers this season, I think the Rams will pony up for Jones and I just hope to hell that Jenkins doesn't stay in our division.

i dont know about the rams, they drafted 2 WRs in the draft

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Jones affected by the rules on when unrestricted free agency begins?
He's got 4 years right (2007, 08, 09, 10)...... I thought that under the old labor agreement, those guys would become UFAs, but based on what happened last year, they were in limbo and were still "restricted", which is why Colledge stayed last off-season.

We are currently in a lockout, but when it was lifted briefly, we reverted back to the open s**t that we had last year. If that were the case again, I think guys like Jones would be still restricted.

Anyone know these things?

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Jones affected by the rules on when unrestricted free agency begins?
He's got 4 years right (2007, 08, 09, 10)...... I thought that under the old labor agreement, those guys would become UFAs, but based on what happened last year, they were in limbo and were still "restricted", which is why Colledge stayed last off-season.

We are currently in a lockout, but when it was lifted briefly, we reverted back to the open s**t that we had last year. If that were the case again, I think guys like Jones would be still restricted.

Anyone know these things?

James Jones said that he received a restricted free agency tender. So if they resume the rules from last year or put in place something similar, I believe he would indeed be restricted.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish them the best but Green Bay is not the place for them anymore unfortunately. I'd be glad if they move to the AFC.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a sawbuck that says the queenies try to sign one or both of them...

(History lesson time...what is a "sawbuck"? Lumberjacks would use them to place logs on when they are cutting wood, they look like this X X

Like two x's...two x's in Roman numerals are XX, or 20...20 bucks, a sawbuck.)

Now you can amaze your friends with your knowledge.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would we get anything for them? One thing I don't like about management is we just let good players. Why don't we ever try and make a trade so we get something? I know this year is an exception but kampman and now these two? Those are good to elite players we are getting nothing for. I could be wrong though?

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think both are gone. The picking of Randall Cobb signaled the end for Jones. Mike McCarthy has been talking in the past about Jenkins for a while now. I think they realize signing him will be impossible.

If I had my pick I'd want Jenkins to be resigned.

Reaction score
I don't know if Jones would leave or not. I'm sure TT would want him back, and like Rodgers did with Favre, Cobb isn't going to be an immediate replacement to anybody except the return game. Jones would be a descent replacement for Drive and Nelson would be the best #3 receiver in the league. Who knows though. Cobb could take the place of Brett Swain on special teams, or just add depth for the receiver core.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both are gone. Jenkins is a shame, the team doesn't want him. Jones I'm a little more optimistic but I don't think he'll want back.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both are gone. I wish Jenkins could stay. Jones can go and drop touchdowns for someone else.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

The National Football Post has a piece on Jenkins here. He says he offered the Packers a hometown discount and the Packers didn’t show any interest.

With regard to franchise tags, if there is a new CBA they could agree to any rules they want. For example they could agree teams have 48- 72 hours to tag players after the agreement is signed. But even if they did something like that, I don’t think the Packers would tag Jenkins or anyone else. If that was their intention, they would have done it before the previous deadline when they tendered Colledge and the other players. Keep in mind if a team tags a player, the player can accept the deal and the team has to pay him whatever the tag requires. The Packers apparently think that's too much for Jenkins, even for one year.

I like Jenkins but it looks like Thompson doesn’t intend to pay him, even with the discount.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think both are gone. Jenkins is a shame, the team doesn't want him. Jones I'm a little more optimistic but I don't think he'll want back.

I'm not even optimistic they'll want Jones back. He had stone hands at some important times this past season and I'm not sure the coaches liked that a whole lot. If they can do a "sell job" to other teams, they'll get what value they can for him and let him go.

I'd love to see the Packers pay Jenkins, but all the talk about him getting offered really really big bucks from some team with deep pockets looks like it might be a reality.

Members online

Latest posts