Jake Ryan

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Guion could figure in as a DE with his length and Raji isn't a sure thing coming off a bicep injury. Then you have Datone Jones who looks and plays like an overstuffed 43 DE.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I see Guion and Raji being on the field at the same time. IMO we really need both those guys to stay healthy and I think what Capers is putting together could get really exciting for us fans.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats' just it, I was watching video of him in the Ohio State game, there wasn't a single play that he made in the first 15 plays it seemed. He was taken off his feet by a blocker. He was eaten up by blockers, he dove at some feet and missed everything and didn't line anybody up and tackle them. I'll do some more watching, but I have to say I was completely underwhelmed

This sounds like AJ Hawk.:(

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it is worthy, I heard Jason Wilde state today that Ryan looked just like AJ Hawk at the rookie minicamp.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like AJ Hawk.:(

AJ could have been a great player, if not for his conservative play it safe approach to the game. Though every once in a while he'd play out of his mind for a game and genuinely look like the top 5 pick franchise piece we thought we were getting, before returning back to his pedestrian form. He was too hesitant and only seemed to trust his instincts on occasion.

If we get AJ Hawk production and consistency out of a 4th round pick I'd call that a win.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

AJ could have been a great player, if not for his conservative play it safe approach to the game. Though every once in a while he'd play out of his mind for a game and genuinely look like the top 5 pick franchise piece we thought we were getting, before returning back to his pedestrian form. He was too hesitant and only seemed to trust his instincts on occasion.

If we get AJ Hawk production and consistency out of a 4th round pick I'd call that a win.

I still think he was classy when he left the organisation. I`ll always like him for that !

OP
OP
M

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with AJ from prior years too, though from the vids I watched, he doesn't look as good as AJ did in college even.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with AJ from prior years too, though from the vids I watched, he doesn't look as good as AJ did in college even.

No he doesnt but in all fairness AJ was a pretty damn good prospect comming out of college. He just didnt pan out like we would have all hoped

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game has changed even since Hawk was drafted... it is much more of a nickel/dime league now than base package.

How often will Barrington and Ryan even see the field if Capers goes back to his 2-4 base... a 2-4 base that favors coverage LB's??

It was Capers idiotic 2-4 base that rationalized the signing of Brad Jones to a fairly big contract. Neither Ryan nor Barrington is about to cover anyone in a nickel/dime package. For all intents and purposes, TT all-but ignored the ILB position this offseason, and it will likely cost us dearly in the upcoming season.

I have absolutely no faith in Capers do get anything right... even when a game is going well, and he's been calling a decent game - he is always the next snap of the ball away from making a disasterous call. To be sure, ILB is a major problem on the roster, but our biggest problem is, and has been for years, Dom Capers.

D

Deleted member 6794

The game has changed even since Hawk was drafted... it is much more of a nickel/dime league now than base package.

How often will Barrington and Ryan even see the field if Capers goes back to his 2-4 base... a 2-4 base that favors coverage LB's??

It was Capers idiotic 2-4 base that rationalized the signing of Brad Jones to a fairly big contract. Neither Ryan nor Barrington is about to cover anyone in a nickel/dime package. For all intents and purposes, TT all-but ignored the ILB position this offseason, and it will likely cost us dearly in the upcoming season.

I have absolutely no faith in Capers do get anything right... even when a game is going well, and he's been calling a decent game - he is always the next snap of the ball away from making a disasterous call. To be sure, ILB is a major problem on the roster, but our biggest problem is, and has been for years, Dom Capers.

While I don't agree with your take on Capers and the use of the 2-4 in the nickel package you're correct about the issues at ILB and that Thompson didn't address the position adequately during the last two offseasons.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk missed 2 games in 9 years. Now we have Perry missing 16 games in 3 years; Brad Jones missing 20 in 6 years; Neal missing 28 in 5 years; and Matthews missing 11 games in 6 years. Durability is as important as ability.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts