Jake Ryan to jax

D

Deleted member 6794

You know, I can't keep from thinking that the develop part of the equation is on McCarthy. I sure hope we do better with that now.

It was most likely a combination of Thompson not drafting well and the coaching staff not being able to successfully develop those players that led to some terrible draft classes over the past few years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They all played their role. a bunch of things happened from bad draft picks, to lazy players to bad coaching to devastating injuries. people started reaching, people started pressing, and the small things started to compound. The reasons are many. The rise and the fall, it happens to everyone. But whatever someone wants to personally blame the recent records on, they all played their role and they fed off each other.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They all played their role. a bunch of things happened from bad draft picks, to lazy players to bad coaching to devastating injuries. people started reaching, people started pressing, and the small things started to compound. The reasons are many. The rise and the fall, it happens to everyone. But whatever someone wants to personally blame the recent records on, they all played their role and they fed off each other.

IOW, stuff happens.....:)

Can't fix the past, so the only pertinent question is, what do we do about it going forward?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stuff certainly does happen LOL

I think they're doing the right things considering where this team is at. Now we'll find out if it works. They need have another good draft on top of it.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stuff certainly does happen LOL

I think they're doing the right things considering where this team is at. Now we'll find out if it works. They need have another good draft on top of it.

Yes....maybe two or three.

Some positive steps so far this off-season, or at least it appears so. More talent, however, is needed.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The upcoming draft is crucial. They need at least 3, preferably 4 guys who can step in and have an impact from day one.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Well the Silver Lining to all this......none of us posters can be blamed one bit for the recent failures. Hell, if they had heeded our advice, they would have been Super Bowl Champs 10 years running. :coffee:

Members online

Latest posts