Jairus Byrd believed to be open to Buffalo Bills trade

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And who would you release ? Sorry I edited the question because I didn`t mean it confrontationally. The reason I ask is because I`ve seen a few threads calling for replacements but IMOHO how do these players develop if we dont give them a chance to develop ?

Crosby has had his chance fair enough, but I wonder about the others. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why we shouldn't trade for him:
Byrd reportedly is looking for a deal that would make him the highest-paid safety in football.
We don't need the highest paid QB, OLB, and S on our team. Buy low, sell high. Only fools buy when the price is at its peak

(I know that Matthews isn't highest, but he is up there)

Jasonbadair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is why we shouldn't trade for him:We don't need the highest paid QB, OLB, and S on our team. Buy low, sell high. Only fools buy when the price is at its peak

(I know that Matthews isn't highest, but he is up there)
Exactly my point why is bush still on the team

H

HardRightEdge

Byrd is generally regarded as one of the best FS in the league. He's only 26 years old.

Here are some reasons this might not be a good idea:

1) Goldson signed with Bucs for 5 years / $41.25 mil with $22 mil guaranteed. Byrd would demand a bit more than that.

2) A trade would cost some decent player(s) or draft pick(s).

3) By trading without a long term deal already in place, you place yourself at a disadvantage in the negotiation.

4) With Burnett's new deal, that would be too much money sunk into the safety position.

There were several quality, older safeties available in FA who signed for not a lot of money or years. Snooze...lose.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Bush sucks corners and safeties are weak... We need Byrd
Safety is bad (Burnett is good, Jennings is a back up at best, McMillian is only a 3rd Safety in our system) but Corner is one of the strongest, if not THE strongest position group on the team. We had 3 top 25 CB's (More than any other team) last year according to PFF including a Rookie of the Year candidate who IIRC tied with Byrd for second most INT in the league, we still have a starting quality CB in House, and Hyde seems to have hit too. Bush isn't a DB, he's a gunner and we should not have him designated as anything else. I don't know what team you've been watching. Wait. You've clearly just been playing Madden. Probably got blown up in zone.

Last edited:

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush sucks corners and safeties are weak... We need Byrd
LOL, corners are weak? Name three teams with "strong" corners please.

And no, we won't go out and get Byrd. No way. We need the money for a bunch of guys whose contracts are up next year, like Sheilds and Raji.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if they asked for a couple first round picks for him. On top of the contract he wants? Too pricey for us.

Reaction score
How many games has Jarius Byrd won?

He's a good player - "A" good player, but I'd rather the Packers keep a good chunk of this talented team intact.
Shields/Jones/Jordy/Cobb/Finley/Raji/Wilson/Neal I think all have some contracts coming up - some of 'em are worth keeping.

Let some other team overpay for a non-QB...like the Jets or Bucs.

H

HardRightEdge

I wouldnt be surprised if they asked for a couple first round picks for him. On top of the contract he wants? Too pricey for us.
The Buffalo paper reported the Bills would want a player or players in return, not picks.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts