Jairus Bryd

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It is so frustrating. They extended an offer to Lattimore. They are riding that Aaron Rodgers stays healthy. If once again ARod is injured what then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Andrew Luck doesn't stay healthy?

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man 6 years 54 million 28 million guaranteed seems like a bargain for such a proven play maker when you consider shields got 4 years 39.5 million 15 million guaranteed. Just shy of 10 million per for shields and 9 million per for Byrd i don't understand why you would choose Shields for a million more per year especially when Verner could have been had for 4 years 26 million 14 million guaranteed. And he is generally considered to be a better corner than Shields. idK hopefully TT hits on somebody in the draft.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats ur point? I am not worry about other teams.... Our defense is terrible and needs fixing. Now I am only a fan obviously, i am speaking without knowing the inner workings of running a franchise unlike alot of the people that post here..the Pack should of gone after Byrd but whatever... I guess we can always extend an offer to MD Jennings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man 6 years 54 million 28 million guaranteed seems like a bargain for such a proven play maker when you consider shields got 4 years 39.5 million 15 million guaranteed. Just shy of 10 million per for shields and 9 million per for Byrd i don't understand why you would choose Shields for a million more per year especially when Verner could have been had for 4 years 26 million 14 million guaranteed. And he is generally considered to be a better corner than Shields. idK hopefully TT hits on somebody in the draft.

Shields is their own guy...Someone they know and have dealt with every day....The part of keep your own players we always hear about

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats ur point? I am not worry about other teams.... Our defense is terrible and needs fixing. Now I am only a fan obviously, i am speaking without knowing the inner workings of running a franchise unlike alot of the people that post here..the Pack should of gone after Byrd but whatever... I guess we can always extend an offer to MD Jennings.

BS... I saw a guy working at the local Starbucks that I guarantee will be a STUD FS in this league. NOBODY else in the league even knows about this guy. His name is Carl. We are going to sign him. And pay him the league minimum. He will fix our safety situation. I've done this before. I know it works....

..............Whatever.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You questioned what if Rodgers doesnt stay healthy..

His reply was what if Manning goes down in Denver---Or Brady in NE...

Logical answer is that those teams would be in same boat as the Packers if they lost Rodgers..

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree,....up sh** creek. I will always love the Pack though, through the good and the bad. I am looking forward to the draft.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

12 million (not 15) guaranteed and 28 million guaranteed is comparable?

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the most frustrating thing for me is that Aaron is 30... he's in his prime. Let's give him a little freaking help. I remember Brett *****ing about this same thing. They just don't give nearly enough help. We have gotten smoked in the post season on defense 3 years in a row. Take a hint. Get a clue. We have a problem. Capers cannot work magic when he's just out manned. Hardly any coach could. He needs a few difference makers on his side of the ball, we have one, and he is guaranteed to be sitting on the bench 3-5 games a season with a hamstring or apparently a thumb.

Seems like we've missed on many of our recent defensive draft picks- all the attrition to our scouting department in recent years has taken its toll.

It also feels like there's a disconnect between the defensive coaching staff and the front office: we aren't selecting the right personnel for our scheme and I think Capers bears at least some responsibility for that. The "Capers is a victim of poor personnel decisions by TT" narrative strikes me as a bit naive.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course TT does nothing. Depend on Rodgers to save the defense and his job . Call it bashing him, hating on him I don't care the defense is going to be garbage again mark words ...and his supporters will blame injuries like always. Houston goes to the dang bears and that helps their defense! Our defense still lacks playmakers opposite of. Clay. Can't believe the Effin guy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You questioned what if Rodgers doesnt stay healthy..

His reply was what if Manning goes down in Denver---Or Brady in NE...

Logical answer is that those teams would be in same boat as the Packers if they lost Rodgers..

Every single year LT. every year. 1st day of FA the forum blows up in anger. Remember when it was that we werent more like the JETs and the eagles?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course TT does nothing. Depend on Rodgers to save the defense and his job . Call it bashing him, hating on him I don't care the defense is going to be garbage again mark words ...and his supporters will blame injuries like always. Houston goes to the dang bears and that helps their defense! Our defense still lacks playmakers opposite of. Clay. Can't believe the Effin guy.
I think you all put way to much thought into this. Weather it's good or bad, Ted is a very principled man who believes 100% in draft and develop. He will never ever ever go after players whom he will have to compete with other teams to get.It's not in his make up.

It's not that he's relying on AR to get him into the playoffs...it's that to him draft and develop is the only viable way to compete long term in the salary cap era.

I disagree with that idea...but it us his reality and it won't change. People shouldn't get worked up about his lack of involvement in free agency...it is never going to happen. Just gotta live with it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Every single year LT. every year. 1st day of FA the forum blows up in anger. Remember when it was that we werent more like the JETs and the eagles?

I know--and have some now stating that its one and done in the playoffs

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody have any examples of a first day big name free agent making a team a lot better? (Non-QB since obviously the Packers don't need one of those.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree with that idea...but it us his reality and it won't change. People shouldn't get worked up about his lack of involvement in free agency...it is never going to happen. Just gotta love with it.

Majority of fans would like to see some help from free agency..But we also know with Ted it shouldnt be expected. To get upset at Ted's normal free agency approach seems unnecessary

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody have any examples of a first day big name free agent making a team a lot better? (Non-QB since obviously the Packers don't need one of those.)

duh, just look at the Redskins, Jets, and Eagles trophy cases over the past decade.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't they at least show interest in someone?! I mean come on. I'm not really surprised and kind of knew probably nothing was going to happen as far as signing any talent this off season but for christ sake I am sick of getting s**t on by the damn 49ers or Giants every playoffs due to the fact our defense sucks. Drafting guys obviously isn't working. Sign someone to stop the bleeding! We are wasting Rodgers prime years with this **** poor d. I love the Pack, but man this is frustrating.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majority of fans would like to see some help from free agency..But we also know with Ted it shouldnt be expected. To get upset at Ted's normal free agency approach seems unnecessary
Agreed. It would be nice. As long as this is a playoff team (even if that's mostly because of AR) nothing is going to change. So why stress about it.

IMO gotta hope we get hot in the post season like in 2010. I don't think this will be a top seeded team for a while...until the d can be fixed.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Yeah this is like last year when everyone wanted to sign Steven Jackson. That would of been great right. Instead we got the best young running back in the NFL. Big name Free agent pick up's rarely make a difference. What would everyone on here say next year if Cobb and Nelson were lost because of reckless spending. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're the ONLY team to be in the playoffs for the most consecutive years, the ONLY team to win the NFC North the last three years, and 1 of 4 to win it all in the last four seasons.

But apparently, not doing much in free agency makes all that not matter...

When we stop winning, I'll start calling out Ted for his philosophy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't they at least show interest in someone?! I mean come on. I'm not really surprised and kind of knew probably nothing was going to happen as far as signing any talent this off season but for christ sake I am sick of getting s**t on by the damn 49ers or Giants every playoffs due to the fact our defense sucks. Drafting guys obviously isn't working. Sign someone to stop the bleeding! We are wasting Rodgers prime years with this **** poor d. I love the Pack, but man this is frustrating.

Again, what is interest to you? How do you know they havent talked to agents to get a gauge?

Few years back, everyone one wanted Lavar Arrington, we had people so pissed off at Ted for not even calling his agent...All the while, Lavar was IN Green Bay doing a tour of the stadium

That just is one instance where they do not let info get leaked...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

It was day one of free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts