Jaire Alexander's shoulder injury

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - get it right.

This is that time in a young player's career when the first injuries come, and the team tells you that you can play without risk of further injury. It's a pain thing. Then they offer to shoot you up with cortisone.

If he needs to sit for a week or two, it would suck, but might be better for Jaire.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows, I had a grade II and wrestled at sectionals the next weekend. it hurt to do some things, but for the most part I was ok. I think he could be back pretty quickly with some bracing. If it's a 6 week injury, he's getting surgery.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers Dr are very careful.. If he plays, they are really confident he cant hurt it more

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can guess until we run out of breath, and there are lots of good points here, but it all depends on how severe the injury happens to be.

However, we now know that Gute could call Mondio up to play :cool:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can guess until we run out of breath, and there are lots of good points here, but it all depends on how severe the injury happens to be.

However, we now know that Gute could call Mondio up to play :cool:
I may not be very big, but at least i'm slow. I did once impress Rob Davis with my long snapping ability, true story, and that was just a few years ago. I still got it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may not be very big, but at least i'm slow. I did once impress Rob Davis with my long snapping ability, true story, and that was just a few years ago. I still got it.
Not very big. Kinda slow. Do we need really another Kevin King?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was the long snapper too. We were terrible. 1 win in my three years of HS. However, in the locker room I would get on the ball and the other lineman would aim my butt and yell "Fire!" I would snap that thing and pelt some poor teammate in the belly, arm, etc. I was a human howitzer without the pads on. With the pads on, my T-rex arms were a bit of a liability on long snaps because the shoulder pads stole a critical inch or two of flexibility. ;)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Panthers just traded a measly 6th round pick for Stephan Gilmore. Must be great news on Alexander. No way would Gute be foolish enough to let Gilmore slide by for a 6th round pick if Alexander's Injury wasn't going to be OK in a few weeks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Panthers just traded a measly 6th round pick for Stephan Gilmore. Must be great news on Alexander. No way would Gute be foolish enough to let Gilmore slide by for a 6th round pick if Alexander's Injury wasn't going to be OK in a few weeks.

The reason the Panthers were able to do it was they didn't need to restructure the contract Gilmore had at all to absorb. Packers by the numbers could do it, but zero chance they could hold his contract as it sat as it would eliminate ANY flexibility - you cannot eliminate your entire space because of call ups to active, and such type items.

That's why the Cowboys simply couldn't continue to hold Smith plus their LBs there.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean I know its Gute and not TT.. But in general: Have you met the GB FO?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean I know its Gute and not TT.. But in general: Have you met the GB FO?

It's funny how stuck in the mud/past fans desire to continue staying in when countless things have changed since Gute took over...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you even know our players? King is 6'3"

LOL

King is many things but not big isn't one of them.
I debated leaving off the not very big thing because I knew someone would say this but it just didn't work as well if I just said kinda slow. I guess I'll have to start labeling my posts as jokes now.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading between the lines, but this looks like a season ending injury. ****!!!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading between the lines, but this looks like a season ending injury. ****!!!
I don't think so. If Alexander were done for the season, Gute would've cut somebody to make cap space for Gilmore. The Packers season is done if Alexander is out for the season and they have to go with the cb's currently on the roster.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think so. If Alexander were done for the season, Gute would've cut somebody to make cap space for Gilmore. The Packers season is done if Alexander is out for the season and they have to go with the cb's currently on the roster.

We can always count on you to be so negative.

As long as Rodgers is qb, they can make the playoffs.

They signed 2 new defensive players today.

Care to make a bet if Alexander is lost for season no playoffs for packers?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how stuck in the mud/past fans desire to continue staying in when countless things have changed since Gute took over...
Like I mentioned mate, Ive immediately pointed out that Gute aint TT. But let's all be realistic here, he was never gonna take up Gilmore's contract and put us in an awkward situation with the cap. Especially with numerous of our own players needing to get paid next year. Smith is a much more realistic target

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers don't have any viable options to release a player during the season to create cap space as the salary of vested veterans became fully guaranteed in week 1.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I mentioned mate, Ive immediately pointed out that Gute aint TT. But let's all be realistic here, he was never gonna take up Gilmore's contract and put us in an awkward situation with the cap. Especially with numerous of our own players needing to get paid next year. Smith is a much more realistic target

Neither of them is or was going to impact next years cap issues.

Members online

Latest posts