Jaguars agree to terms with Carroll

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Associated Press
Posted: Oct. 10, 2006
Jacksonville, Fla. - Cornerback Ahmad Carroll agreed to terms with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Tuesday, a week after he was waived by the Green Bay Packers.

Advertisement

Carroll was expected to sign a contract Wednesday, giving the Jaguars depth behind starters Rashean Mathis and Brian Williams and nickel back Terry Cousin. Backup cornerback Scott Starks sprained an ankle against the New York Jets on Sunday, but he wasn't expected to miss any games.

The Packers waived Carroll less than 24 hours after his inconsistent performance against Philadelphia on Oct. 2.

A 2004 first-round draft pick by Green Bay, Carroll broke up three passes and had a sack. But he also got burned for two touchdowns, was flagged for pass interference and called for holding.

Jacksonville is expected to place linebacker Mike Peterson on injured reserve Wednesday to make room for Carroll.

Carroll has 104 tackles, three sacks, three interceptions and 26 passes defended in 34 career games. He also has returned 21 kickoffs for 421 yards.

Now we will appreciate Carrol too. But only when we play the Jags!!
Hey Jags! Get used to "Illegal use of hands....#28 defense"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't the jags just post a shutout? Yea, Carroll wasn't good enough to play on this defense but he's good enough to play on the Jags. Watch and see what good coaching can do.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason there I have a feeling that he will end up being a total shut down corner.

Wait Carroll hahahahaha ya right :rotflmao:

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they move him to safety and he does well. I would have liked them to try that here.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's their 5th corner as of right now. When you've got depth like theirs, it's worth a shot. They have nothing to lose.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
He's their 5th corner as of right now. When you've got depth like theirs, it's worth a shot. They have nothing to lose.

Actually WE have nothing to lose. THEY are playing for a playoff spot.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is a good move for AC, he will benefit from playing and practising with Pro Bowl calibur players. If he cant improve in Jacksonville then he shud think about a career change!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Del Rio is a jerk and a punk. Let him smirk when Carroll gets flagged.
Carroll appears to be their 4th CB instead of the third in GB.

He was not claimed on waivers as he should not be paid as a 1st rounder.
He is roster marginal and if lucky may get his 4 qualifying years.
But he is now an exclusive rights free agent.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the argument is about here. everyone saw how terrible Carrol has played last year and this year. So now, he CLEARS WAIVERS and gets signed by another team, and all of a sudden it was a huge mistake to cut him? everyone take a deep breath and remember how many times he got burned. not our problem any more.

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I don't know what the argument is about here. everyone saw how terrible Carrol has played last year and this year. So now, he CLEARS WAIVERS and gets signed by another team, and all of a sudden it was a huge mistake to cut him? everyone take a deep breath and remember how many times he got burned. not our problem any more.

I looked through the thread and didn't where anyone said it was a mistake, much less a huge one. :-?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they move him to safety and he does well. I would have liked them to try that here.

That's actually what I was hoping we'd do, instead of getting rid of him. He has a lot of speed, and he couldn't possibly be worse than Manuel. Also, Carrol's an "in your face" guy and I could see him doing well in a safety blitz situation.

We'll see though. I do wish him best, and don't think he was a good fit with the Packers. Besides Bates, we didn't have the defensive coaching to set him straight. Hopefully they'll be able to coach him better.

Members online

Latest posts