Jagodzinski sets pace for mental toughness

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah I know. The Problem is I have no kids over 150 and they just don't care to block properly. We will see whathappens because we havn't even started our games yet but last year I had easily over 1000 pounds across the line. To go from that to this makes me extremely nervous.

Not to sound rude or a jerk or anything, but aren't you coaching like 10 or 11 year old kids. If those guys are like 150 pounds, then there is something wrong with them, but it isn't the ability to play O-line... :shock:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
We went 8-1. Come on coach, you can do it :lol:

LOL, we'll see. The good thing about having no size is that I have tons of athleticism. Unlike the NFL if you can get outside speed will overcome stature. That's IF we can can get outside

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah I know. The Problem is I have no kids over 150 and they just don't care to block properly. We will see whathappens because we havn't even started our games yet but last year I had easily over 1000 pounds across the line. To go from that to this makes me extremely nervous.

Not to sound rude or a jerk or anything, but aren't you coaching like 10 or 11 year old kids. If those guys are like 150 pounds, then there is something wrong with them, but it isn't the ability to play O-line... :shock:

No, I coach the 14-15 year olds

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just telling Trom that when I was in 8th grade, 1 team had a NT that went 3 bills. He sucked though, he was just a giant ******.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Yeah, I was just telling Trom that when I was in 8th grade, 1 team had a NT that went 3 bills. He sucked though, he was just a giant ******.

Thats funny because last year I had a kid probably 280 playing nose tackle. The Kid could barely move but he did what I asked him to do. All he had to do was clog up the middle and he did that. It was funny because the other teams center always had like 3-4 bad snaps a game just because of the kids stature. I loved that kid, never gave up!

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
kmac said:

Thats funny because last year I had a kid probably 280 playing nose tackle. The Kid could barely move but he did what I asked him to do. All he had to do was clog up the middle and he did that. It was funny because the other teams center always had like 3-4 bad snaps a game just because of the kids stature. I loved that kid, never gave up!

It's sad to see these kids lining up for a heart attack at such a young age. :(

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but I find that these kids give more effort than smaller kids for whatever reason. I love size as opposed to athleticism. Just line up and get me 3.5 yards every play and I will be fine. If only it was that easy

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the problem with the effort is your motivational techniques. Just throwing it out there.

Reaction score
kmac said:
Maybe the problem with the effort is your motivational techniques. Just throwing it out there.

Actually, when I played my last football, in senior year, nothing actually worked better than having a few of the gf's of the players there. Those guys would try, and heck when mine was there, I would try just that much more harder. NO ONE wants to look weak/silly in front of their gal.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet the 280 pound kid has the hottest girl in the school :lol:

Pyle probably tied a piece of KFC to a stick sticking out of his helmet.

Reaction score
kmac said:

*****!

I can actually imagine pyle having the personality to do that, and when the kids' parents come, pyle goes off on them about doing whatever it takes to win.

How about finding the girl he has a crush on, and getting her to practice. Trust me, nothing works as good as making sure you don't make an a** out of yourself in front of a gal.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
kmac said:

*****!

I can actually imagine pyle having the personality to do that, and when the kids' parents come, pyle goes off on them about doing whatever it takes to win.

How about finding the girl he has a crush on, and getting her to practice. Trust me, nothing works as good as making sure you don't make an a** out of yourself in front of a gal.

Thats actually been discussed. I am pretty much a freak. Funny story, the other night I was out drinking and people are always coming up to me calling me "Coach" and talking about how "You coach/coached my sons team." Most of the time I am ********* and wish they would not talk to me because I'm supposed to be a "good example" and instead I'm drooling into my 9th JagerBomb of the night.

Anyways, I started asking people "what they have heard about me" or "Thought about me" and I got the 2 same answers. Either "I heard/thought you were an A-hole" or "I heard/thought you were a really good coach." It was split about 50/50.

So if they heard I was an A-Hole I asked "what did you hear" and they told me stuff I had completely forgot about.

Like 2 years ago after practice I was cleaning up the field after practice and a bunch of kids left there cups/water bottles all over the place. Me and my staff insist that these kids clean up after practice but that day they just didn't. So being the A-Hole I am, the next day the kids came to practice and I exploded on them about "wasting my time picking up thier trash." I had to make a point so I went over and picked up the trash can and dumped it all over the field and started kicking trash all over the field and told them they had 20 seconds to pick it all back up and put it back in the can or they were running. It was completely impossible and they ran.

I heard that story like 3 times Saturday night and I had completely forgot about it. Funny stuff though.

Reaction score
Actually pyle, put in your position I'd have done the same thing.

Actually I would have made them pick up the trash, then dumped it so they could pick it up again. The best coach, and teacher for that matter, in school was the one who expected such high things from you, because that pushed me so much harder, out of sheer fear that I would incur the coaches wrath. I couldn't stand the coach and that teacher that year, and I often complained to my dad. He kept telling me 'it would be best for me in the future'.

Now I can look back and say that it was. Those coaches and that one teacher I had who was like that pushed me to work like I never had. I have wished so many times I could have the coach and teacher once again, they just about changed my work habits and taught me to suck it up and do what I had to do to get the job done.

Ultimately, I guess some parents can't relate because they haven't had the experience. The best part about the end of the year was sitting back and getting the rewards of my hard work. When the coach and teacher talked about being proud of me, and knowing that the sky was the limit, it gave me a great sense of pride, and vindicated everything. I just love those types of coaches and teachers, because they really do think outside the box. That is seriously lacking in certain schools and sport programs, IMO.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell Pyle, that's not so bad.

Damn, I had a coach in High School who was so pissed off with our effort in one game that he made us run sprints and do heavy hitting (linebacker drills) the whole practice, and it was raining heavily. And then after 2 1/2 hours of that, in order to go into the locker room he made the varsity and jv teams get in a circle and threw the ball into the middle of the field. Whoever came up with the ball got to go in the locker room. Needless to say, there was alot of brutality at that bottom of the pile going for the football.

One time, while pissed off in the locker room at half time. He ripped the door off a refridgerator and started whipping footballs at everyone.

He used to laugh like a mental patient when a fight broke out in practice and the two culprits rolled by him kicking and punching.

Yeah, i miss those times. That's the kind of attitude it takes to win when playing football, imo. You have to want to kill. (metaphorically speaking)

If you did those things today you'd probably get arrested, but then again, it was the 70's, and things were different than today.

(Does anyone else find it ironic that Jagodzinski was the guy who criticized Sherman for not listening to him and now he's back with the O-Line?)

Members online

Latest posts