Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
And Wynn is a HUGE suprise that he is doing great

*****, maybe youare suprised.........
but others may have felt differently than you from the begining of the season.

So YOU arent surprised that a guy who in pre-season avg only 2.6 yards per carry is doing good?

***** ( as you say )

***** guess what?

Some people may actually watch college football !!
and they may actually see players that they like, and may think the player will do well in the NFL.

and then when that person gets that player on their home NFL team, even though the player may not do so well in TC, they may still feel that player may some day do well.

oh the insanity of it all!!!!!!!!!!

BTW do you know who played in last years BCS Championship game????

So now since he was good in college or you just liked him, he automatically is considered to be great?

And to answer your question, yes I know who played, the bukeyes and the gators...Jr ran the opening kick off for a td, I also think he got hurt on the play..

Florida wasnt even suppose to win, much less pound the buckeyes like they did..

so what does a BCS bowl game have to do with Jackson?

omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it has nothing to do w/jackson.....it has to do with wynn playing well in that game

Reaction score
To answer the question, as wischeez posted B-Jack will not be starting, or active at all, this week.

We all know how Greg Jennings has taught everyone on the Packers how to play their positions, but it is a little known fact that B-Jack taught Greg Jennings to teach others.

So what I guess I'm saying is B-Jack > Greg Jennings.

Yes, that is not a typo.

PS - If you don't hear from me tomorrow, assume that my head exploded. Or I was committed into an insane asylum.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
To answer the question, as wischeez posted B-Jack will not be starting, or active at all, this week.

We all know how Greg Jennings has taught everyone on the Packers how to play their positions, but it is a little known fact that B-Jack taught Greg Jennings to teach others.

So what I guess I'm saying is B-Jack > Greg Jennings.

Yes, that is not a typo.

PS - If you don't hear from me tomorrow, assume that my head exploded. Or I was committed into an insane asylum.

haha!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

So YOU arent surprised that a guy who in pre-season avg only 2.6 yards per carry is doing good?

***** ( as you say )

***** guess what?

and they may actually see players that they like, and may think the player will do well in the NFL.

and then when that person gets that player on their home NFL team, even though the player may not do so well in TC, they may still feel that player may some day do well.

So now since he was good in college or you just liked him, he automatically is considered to be great?

And to answer your question, yes I know who played, the bukeyes and the gators...Jr ran the opening kick off for a td, I also think he got hurt on the play..

omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it has nothing to do w/jackson.....it has to do with wynn playing well in that game

omfg!!!

This thread WAS about Jackson starting or playing in the upcoming game

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect to be in the minority here but I'm not impressed with ANY of our RBs.

Me either. DeShawn Wynn hasn't really impressed me. He's shown flashes but he can't stay on the field long enough to sustain anything. Ryan Grant is still an unknown to me but I do see some potential. Morency I think can be the guy when healthy. He makes some good cuts when he's in there but again health is a concern. Brandon Jackson has been the most disappointing Packer rookie in my opinion. Even when he's healthy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I expect to be in the minority here but I'm not impressed with ANY of our RBs.

Me either. DeShawn Wynn hasn't really impressed me. He's shown flashes but he can't stay on the field long enough to sustain anything. Ryan Grant is still an unknown to me but I do see some potential. Morency I think can be the guy when healthy. He makes some good cuts when he's in there but again health is a concern. Brandon Jackson has been the most disappointing Packer rookie in my opinion. Even when he's healthy.

Yep, when you can play the first snap THROUGH the last snap consistently with solid games, then we can talk about being impressed. Til then, their not impressing anyone. But that's obvious, it doesn't need to be said.

Reaction score

I think at this moment, a Mo/Wynn combination is the best thing. With Morency in there, it's the only time we've chosen to call runs to the edges, and Wynn's ability to run it through the tackles without dancing too much really complements Morency.

But as you said, the problem is health. Who'd have thought that a RB that has had a freak injury prone nature would turn out to be our most consistent healthy RB.

As for Jackson, I really like his elusiveness and quick first step. I still think he has a high ceiling on potential, it's just a matter of him getting enough experience to understand this game.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

***** ( as you say )

***** guess what?

omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omfg!!!

This thread WAS about Jackson starting or playing in the upcoming game

LMAO, OMFG!!!!!
and the reason Jackson will not be playing, and may not play the rest of the season is because wynn, mo, grant ARE BETTER THAN B-JACK

wow

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Jackson, I really like his elusiveness and quick first step.

what quick first step, i seen jackson stutter step and hesitate, i have yet to see his quick burst.

unless you post that quote from MM when jackson was playing against a third string defense in pre-season.

i have not seen anybody else comment on jackson's quick burst since the season began.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think at this moment, a Mo/Wynn combination is the best thing. With Morency in there, it's the only time we've chosen to call runs to the edges, and Wynn's ability to run it through the tackles without dancing too much really complements Morency.

But as you said, the problem is health. Who'd have thought that a RB that has had a freak injury prone nature would turn out to be our most consistent healthy RB.

As for Jackson, I really like his elusiveness and quick first step. I still think he has a high ceiling on potential, it's just a matter of him getting enough experience to understand this game.

I don't see much elusiveness in Jackson. Maybe in college but that's a whole different story. Though it's unfair to grade him this early into his career. It's not like Troy Aikman won 3 Super Bowls in his rookie season.

I rather see both Morency and Wynn run up the middle. It's when the Packers go sideline to sideline that they tend to screw things up. I like Morency and Grant in the screen game more than I do Wynn.

I would use Morency and Wynn as well but I would continue to tell them to run down hill and not get to crafty. Keep it simple is the best way to get something going on the ground when your having problems in my opinion.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn has impressed me more than anyone else. He seems to have a quicker first step than anyone else. But I think any RB is going to struggle behind this offensive line.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wynn has impressed me more than anyone else. He seems to have a quicker first step than anyone else. But I think any RB is going to struggle behind this offensive line.

He really seemed to do good yesterday eh? He showed that he can find holes and run hard..

Maybe it was just the horrible line play in the beginning of the year that didnt allow ANY rb to get into any groove??

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

He really seemed to do good yesterday eh? He showed that he can find holes and run hard..

Maybe it was just the horrible line play in the beginning of the year that didnt allow ANY rb to get into any groove??

Partly it was horrible line play, but partly it was hesitance by Jackson. Yesterday things came together for him, which was nice to see. What was most impressive was the burst of speed he showed on that long run. The memory of that play will give him more confidence.

On the other hand, let's not forget how utterly horrendous the Lions defense was yesterday. They looked like they were trying to get their coach fired. Still, it was a big step for Jackson. If you can do well against a bad team, maybe you can do well against teams that aren't so bad.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it is a little of both, jackson looked a little better than he did early in the season, he still hesitated and stutter stepped on a few plays, but man does he look like he has some powerfull legs.

But Detriot really looked like they just did not want to be there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i think it is a little of both, jackson looked a little better than he did early in the season, he still hesitated and stutter stepped on a few plays, but man does he look like he has some powerfull legs.

But Detriot really looked like they just did not want to be there.

I think he ran lower to the ground yesterday then he had at the start of the season as well?

i agree bout his legs always seemed to keep moving...Almost reminds me of VM the way he runs..

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he looks like hes trying to play like a scat back where he needs to play more of a power back and just go straight

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jackson has developed a bit of patience, which, i believe, was why he was able to be succesful yesterday. for the last 8 or 9 weeks, he watched ryan grant have success because of his ability to to wait for the lane to open up, and he did the same thing yesterday.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he looks like hes trying to play like a scat back where he needs to play more of a power back and just go straight
My feelings EXACTLY!
He always seems to be dancing, instead of just hitting the hole HARD and FAST like Grant does. Grant hits the hole and then just goes.
Jackson is FAST, so i think if he can do like Grant and find the hole faster, i think he can be a great RB. Yesterday he proved that once he gets going, he's fast and can pick up some big yardage. But he needs to get through that first line of defense faster.
Thats how i see it at least.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dh, im pretty sure you have beaten the record for "completely wrong knee jerk reactions" in a season. congratulations sir.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dh, im pretty sure you have beaten the record for "completely wrong knee jerk reactions" in a season. congratulations sir.
3.)Flamming and Trolling
No posting flame bait or Trolling. Posting inflamatory comments simply to agravate people off (with no factual backing) will not be tollerated and the posts will be removed. The poster of the inflamatory material will first be warned via pm and or email. If they continue the posting of inflamitory comments and do not intend to have intelligent discussions on the forum, their IP, email and/or username can and will be banned.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packnic said:
3.)Flamming and Trolling
No posting flame bait or Trolling. Posting inflamatory comments simply to agravate people off (with no factual backing) will not be tollerated and the posts will be removed. The poster of the inflamatory material will first be warned via pm and or email. If they continue the posting of inflamitory comments and do not intend to have intelligent discussions on the forum, their IP, email and/or username can and will be banned.

Hello pot meet kettle

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello pot meet kettle

3.)Flamming and Trolling

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Hello pot meet kettle

3.)Flamming and Trolling

I think the servers would crash if I tried to put all of your trolling\flaming inside a quote box. Just stop.

Jackson, like a lot of rookies, started off slow, sat down and watched, practiced hard, learned from good coaches and good teammates and good men, and finally started to show some big play ability.

A lot of us called that, because there are some of us who dont judge a player on his first 2-3 games of his NFL career. It's called intelligence.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
Hello pot meet kettle

3.)Flamming and Trolling

I think the servers would crash if I tried to put all of your trolling\flaming inside a quote box. Just stop.

Jackson, like a lot of rookies, started off slow, sat down and watched, practiced hard, learned from good coaches and good teammates and good men, and finally started to show some big play ability.

A lot of us called that, because there are some of us who dont judge a player on his first 2-3 games of his NFL career. It's called intelligence.

I think those of us who called him a bust earlier in the season (which includes me) thought he was a bust because we had a rookie and a 1st year player who were obviously better. The problem with that rookie is he couldn't stay healthy. The first year player of course winded up to be our #1 RB.

That said, if Wynn continues to have health issues, Jackson will be seen as a better prospect than Wynn, and it will be between Jackson and Morency to who is our #2 RB.

As you said, players evolve. Our OL was downright bad in the first few games, and made all our RBs look worse than they really were. We started figuring out that the ZBS wasn't working for us and we almost completely abandoned it, and now the OL is significantly better.

Jackson figured out that if you don't stutter step and just hit the hole, you'll be more successful. He's looking considerably better now.

So, it wasn't necessarily a slam on Jackson as it was a comparison. I hope this makes sense.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
Hello pot meet kettle

3.)Flamming and Trolling

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can you tell me with your superior intelligence, where the 2007 Detroit Lions are ranked in Rushing Defense?

and BTW, there is a difference in expressing a VIEW POINT and blatantly calling someone a name.

your confusion in this matter is one of the MAIN reasons you have not been able to reach your forum goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts