Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that he is likely to not be included on the game day roster. He could play if he needed to, but he hasn't played any better than the other guys anyway.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BJ will only play if morency, wynn and grant get hurt. I think John Ryan might be ahead of him on the rb depth chart

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so what is the deal w/B-jack?
is he not playing b/c of injury, of is it b/c wynn, morency, grant are better players right now?

right now, based on production, i think even if Jackson were healthy, i do not know if he would be any higher on the depth chart than 4.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DH........why are you asking? Is it to say I told you so, cuz we all know how much you hated him..

I am sure you can find out just like any of us what is going on this week with him..

But this is what I gathered from listening to reports and reading articles that are available on-line

He is hurt and did practice some this week..but maybe just like VM and Wynn at the start of the season...He is hurt just enuff where its better to keep him out of the game and not risj him getting hurt worse..

We all knew VM was suppose to be the starter going into the season..Just was hurt where they didnt want to risk him getting worse..And Wynn is a HUGE suprise that he is doing great

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Wynn is a HUGE suprise that he is doing great

*****, maybe youare suprised.........
but others may have felt differently than you from the begining of the season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He's probably going to be inactive because Wynn is healthy and doing good, when in. Morency is more experience and better pass blocker and Grant is a special teams mini stud. And also Jackson is still a little bit dinged up.

It's really not too complicated.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's probably going to be inactive because Wynn is healthy and doing good, when in. Morency is more experience and better pass blocker and Grant is a special teams mini stud. And also Jackson is still a little bit dinged up.

OK smart guy
If B-Jack were 100% right now, where would he be on the depth chart come Sunday?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

OK smart guy
If B-Jack were 100% right now, where would he be on the depth chart come Sunday?

IF Brandon Jackson is 100% that makes things more complicated.
Considering how Wynn is playing and Morency is back and Grant is good on special teams, most likely deactivated. Therefore I believe he would be 4th on the depth chart.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:

OK smart guy

IF Brandon Jackson is 100% that makes things more complicated.
Considering how Wynn is playing and Morency is back and Grant is good on special teams, most likely deactivated. Therefore I believe he would be 4th on the depth chart.

i hope B-Jack can get healthy & challenge morency for some playing time sometime this season.

B-Jack has some good hands, and can move well in the open field. I liked him as a receiver out of the backfield, but i just do not like how tenative he is in making his breaks in the running game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does his position on the depth chart have to do with whether or not he is healthy enough to play on sunday?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what does his position on the depth chart have to do with whether or not he is healthy enough to play on sunday?

did you not drink your coffee this morning?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

So YOU arent surprised that a guy who in pre-season avg only 2.6 yards per carry is doing good?

***** ( as you say )

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

It was just a theoretical question, and I think it's a fair one.

The Packers' problem is not that their RB's are bad, it's that none of them is anything special. They all have shown flashes, but none of them has been consistent, nor have they been consistently healthy. I would agree with some others here that at this point Morency has the best chance of breaking out, as he is still getting up to speed after his injury. Wynn is a close second. Grant and Jackson are a little ways back, with Grant gaining a slight advantage on making the game-day roster due to his special teams play.

However, in the long run I think Jackson still has a good chance of becoming the best of the bunch. It just doesn't look likely to happen anytime soon, i.e., not within the next few games.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

So YOU arent surprised that a guy who in pre-season avg only 2.6 yards per carry is doing good?

***** ( as you say )
Not picking sides, but I wanna throw in that I liked Wynn from the get go and threw him to the woods after his injuries. I figured he'd be cut for sure. But I'm not surprised he's been solid when he's been in there.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

***** ( as you say )

***** guess what?

Some people may actually watch college football !!
and they may actually see players that they like, and may think the player will do well in the NFL.

and then when that person gets that player on their home NFL team, even though the player may not do so well in TC, they may still feel that player may some day do well.

oh the insanity of it all!!!!!!!!!!

BTW do you know who played in last years BCS Championship game????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:

***** ( as you say )

***** guess what?

Some people may actually watch college football !!
and they may actually see players that they like, and may think the player will do well in the NFL.

and then when that person gets that player on their home NFL team, even though the player may not do so well in TC, they may still feel that player may some day do well.

oh the insanity of it all!!!!!!!!!!

BTW do you know who played in last years BCS Championship game????

So now since he was good in college or you just liked him, he automatically is considered to be great?

And to answer your question, yes I know who played, the bukeyes and the gators...Jr ran the opening kick off for a td, I also think he got hurt on the play..

Florida wasnt even suppose to win, much less pound the buckeyes like they did..

so what does a BCS bowl game have to do with Jackson?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect to be in the minority here but I'm not impressed with ANY of our RBs. To me, they are a group of mediocre guys lucky to have a contract in this league. On top of that, they can't play with a hangnail. When a guy like Wynn is the most likely to succeed, we have a HUGE problem. I'm MOST disappointed with Jackson and Morency. On the rare occasions when the OL rips a hole in the line, they can't find it with a map. We need an overhaul of our backfield next year. BTW, there was some speculation that Barbre was a steal in the OL. If that's true, how come he can't beat out the bumbling Colledge? It appears to me that we tend to over-hype our draft picks. Jones, so far, is the only one of this crop adding much to the team's performance, and from now on, he'll have the "fumbler" target on his back. This season could easily turn ugly very quickly. Philbin better start getting his troups performing so our RBs (running bums) have everything in their favor. They need all the help they can get and then some.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I expect to be in the minority here but I'm not impressed with ANY of our RBs. To me, they are a group of mediocre guys lucky to have a contract in this league. On top of that, they can't play with a hangnail. When a guy like Wynn is the most likely to succeed, we have a HUGE problem. I'm MOST disappointed with Jackson and Morency. On the rare occasions when the OL rips a hole in the line, they can't find it with a map. We need an overhaul of our backfield next year. BTW, there was some speculation that Barbre was a steal in the OL. If that's true, how come he can't beat out the bumbling Colledge? It appears to me that we tend to over-hype our draft picks. Jones, so far, is the only one of this crop adding much to the team's performance, and from now on, he'll have the "fumbler" target on his back. This season could easily turn ugly very quickly. Philbin better start getting his troups performing so our RBs (running bums) have everything in their favor. They need all the help they can get and then some.
The RB group has only played 5 games, hardly enough time to annoint them a failure and in need of a overhaul. Jackson can not find a hole. Morency does find the hole, but doesn't find himself on the field often enough. If Wynn is the best or most likely to succeed we do NOT have a problem because it does not matte who succeeds as long as SOMEONE does.
Jones will not have a 'fumbler' target on him from now on. You do not annoint things so fast so quick into someone's career.

Barbre might be a steal, but because he's not supplanting Colledge does not mean he's a failure. He's still a ROOKIE.

This team is too young to be casting rookies off already.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I feel its very accurate.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found this, and I didn't see it anywhere else:

Packers shuffling injuries, linemen before game against Redskins

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Tony Moll is preparing to be a starter again on the Packers' offensive line. The only place he knows he definitely won't be needed at is center.

"I don't think they want a left-handed snapper," Moll joked Friday.

Jason Spitz will take that role on Sunday against Washington after Scott Wells was poked in the eye in a loss to the Bears. Moll is expected to take over Junius Coston's spot at right guard, where Moll started five games as a rookie last year.

"I feel like I've been there, done that, and I'm ready to get back to work," Moll said.

Coston twisted his left ankle on Thursday and missed Friday's practice. Moll will start if Coston's condition doesn't improve by Sunday. Coston is questionable.

"I thought he may be able to go today," coach Mike McCarthy said. "We'll work him out as early as tomorrow or prior to the game. So, he'll be a game-day decision."

Moll hasn't had any significant action since he took over at right tackle in the place of an injured Mark Tauscher. The Packers left Moll as Tauscher's backup in training camp. But Moll had a neck stinger early in camp and didn't play in the preseason or the first two games.

Moll said the injury is in the past and he's confident he won't get hurt there again.

"Every once in a while, I feel like I'll try to be a little safe on blocks or something and protect my neck," Moll said. "I think that's just something I need to overcome because I don't feel it at all, it doesn't hurt at all."

Spitz started the first game at right guard but aggravated a calf injury. Coston replaced Spitz in the lineup, leaving Spitz to backup both guard and center positions the last four games.

Spitz will make his first career start at center after Wells' eye socket was fractured in the second half of the 27-20 loss to Chicago.

McCarthy said that has to trust his rebuilt line.

"It's a challenge that a number of teams go through week in and week out, and we don't view it any differently," McCarthy said. "Jason Spitz has played a lot of football for us in a short time; I know he hasn't been the center. No different than Tony Moll. Tony Moll was the starter this time last year. So, we expect them to go in and play at a high level."

Coston is considered the backup center to Spitz.

But if something happens to Spitz and Coston remains unavailable, McCarthy said Tauscher or left guard Daryn Colledge would be the emergency centers. Both handled snaps in practice Friday.

"It's a game of puzzles," Moll said.

Another puzzle remains behind the offensive line, as well.

Vernand Morency returned to practice Friday after the running back missed a day to rest his sore right knee. Rookie DeShawn Wynn will start with Morency staying in situational roles, McCarthy said. Ryan Grant will be behind them on the depth chart, playing special teams.

That leaves rookie Brandon Jackson out of a role Sunday. Jackson started the first three games at running back, but has missed the last two because of a strained shin.

McCarthy said Jackson will not play Sunday despite practicing all three days this week. McCarthy said they make personnel decisions by Tuesday, before the week's practice begins.

"If we wanted to wait until Wednesday to decide what we were going to do, who would be playing, Brandon Jackson had a lot better chance of being (active) this week," McCarthy said.

Notes:mad: The league told McCarthy this week that DT Corey Williams was properly aligned on a field goal attempt against the Bears. Williams was penalized for an illegal formation, and the penalty gave Chicago a first down. The Bears scored a touchdown two plays later. "We'll continue to use the formation," McCarthy said.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts