Jackson, Jennings, and a new O-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, word on the street is that the packers are close to a deal with Stephen Jackson, and assuming that Greg Jennings is coming back to Green Bay because its his best option, will TT go strictly O-line in the daft? We can't have a good running back with no O line to support him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, word on the street is that the packers are close to a deal with Stephen Jackson, and assuming that Greg Jennings is coming back to Green Bay because its his best option, will TT go strictly O-line in the daft? We can't have a good running back with no O line to support him.

Don't believe the hype. Only thing that seems realistic is Jennings getting the franchise tag. I wouldn't be shocked if TT passed on Jackson and bought Benson back in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I may have prematurely E-Jacksonated......sorry.

They are now posting the following update on that article. UPDATE: This is not yet a done deal, and is not confirmed. The Packers have "reached out" to Jackson, and sources say that a deal is close, but that can change in a moment's notice

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to draft ILB Arthur Brown.
Then pieces on the OL & DL & a TE, in any order.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As stated we haven't actually signed Jackson though a deal seems close. So we don't know what kind of deal Jackson got. That means we can only specualte period.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think signing Jackson automatically improves the offensive line by not allowing defensive linemen to pin their ears back and rush up field every play. I'd like the Packers to draft linebackers, linebackers, linebackers. CM3 is the only sure thing at linebacker. The Packers need athletes and play-makers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think signing Jackson automatically improves the offensive line by not allowing defensive linemen to pin their ears back and rush up field every play. I'd like the Packers to draft linebackers, linebackers, linebackers. CM3 is the only sure thing at linebacker. The Packers need athletes and play-makers.

Amen. I've been saying that since last season. We have to improve the speed at linebacker...period.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Walden was an athlete. We need to draft playmakers and athletes at the right positions

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get Jennings, Get Jackson, Dump Hawk, Draft Ogeltree, Draft some lineman, draft Jasper Collins, Win it all.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO no matter what, Thompson will not go “strictly OL” in the draft. There is a need for depth inside but I think they have their starters at LG-OC-RG and more important I think they believe those are their starters inside. The most radical I see Thompson being regarding the OL is to trade up to grab a LT in the first round. Then Bulaga is back to RT for sure and Newhouse, Sherrod and the rookie can vie for LT. But Thompson is loath to trade up in the first round and the only time he did, it was for Matthews. And he had an extra third rounder to give up and already exercised the 9th pick in the first round of that draft. If an O lineman is just too good to pass up I can see Thompson taking him in the first three rounds but if that doesn’t happen I expect a couple picked later in the draft for depth.

Beyond that, the Packers need a playmaker on D, whether it's a DL, S, or LB.

The_Virus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what folks are saying about the O-Line and getting Jennings back and signing Jackson but lets not forget to take care of the guys already on this team with talent (Rodgers and Matthews).

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I get what folks are saying about the O-Line and getting Jennings back and signing Jackson but lets not forget to take care of the guys already on this team with talent (Rodgers and Matthews).
Brandon shouldn't cost much, so it won't affect those two.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
why do we have 2 threads on Jackson, and 2 on Jennings?

Find proper ones and post there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts