1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

J Walk wants out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rabidgopher04, Mar 10, 2006.

1. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you imagine Favre throwing to JWalk, Owens, and Driver for the GB Packers???

Man..that would be awesome...from a sheer talent perspective...(something Favre hasn't had the luxury of....like Peyton Manning...)

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I can't. Would be pretty amazing though.

3. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i wish some of that stuff comes true. and i hope that guy is right

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I find this funny..TT...especially since the other day you said there was absolutely nothing wrong with GB's talent at the wide receiver position....

What I don't find as funny as you do is that Robert Ferguson is set to make more money than JWalk this year....nothing funny about that...

So..get ready for some/many losing seasons ahead...thanks TT...for being a bonehead...
    [/quote:2hn41bkb]

Out of all the posts here, you reply to mine. leave me alone, tool.

5. magic_8ball

magic_8ball Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trade him to New York for John Abraham, straight up.

6. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go down the list of teams during the 1st round of the draft. Trade the team looking to get a WR with their first round draft pick straight across.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thats an interesting idea.

the only problem though, is the WR that team was thinking about drafting doesn't have a serious injury, which javon is recovering from.

college guy - talented, can be molded, healthy
    javon - talented, malcontent, injured

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand all this J-Walk bashing. Look, its not like he came out right after the season with this. He was obviously showing his displeasure with the Pack during the season, this isn't unexpected. I give him credit for at least allowing TT the oppertunity to resolve this, and going forward to tell MM something I totally agree with, that you should have players that want to play for you.

It is someone's fault for J-Walk wanting out. WHO? I don't know. It could be TT, Andrew Brandt, Reggie McKenzie, ANYONE. Fact is someone dropped the ball BIG TIME with J-Walk, regardless of the fact that Walker wanted to redo his contract. There was surly a better way to keep Walker content enough to want to stay without redoing his contract. But someone failed, and it wasn't only Walker.

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he don't want to play for the Packers, well trade him. What is all this bitterness, what does he owe you?

Trade him while we still can get some value for him, he won't sign a new contract if TT sits him out anyway.

Either we could give Walker a new contract and cut fergie.

10. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I think it would be less risky taking a guy who already has proven himself and has been repaired by the best doctors that money can buy, than a college player coming into the pros. He really hasn't been all that malcontent other than wanting some more cash. Even though Favre ripped him publiclly, he has not bashed on Favre. You know that if we was with another team he would play his haeart out since he's got something to prove. He's posted numbers in 2004 that most college guys will ever get to.

11. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Doug Ritchay says it better than any of us can right here.

12. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    cant see the post

13. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the hate comes from his **** splattering of the organization. He could have dealt with this ALOT better instead of whinning about it

14. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't? It works for me.

15. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no it is very tiny

16. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    never mind my IE has the shrink pic thing on

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  18. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. I linked it so it wouldn't take up a bunch of space, but whatever. :p

19. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I linked it so I could read it :p

20. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You could have just clicked it. That usually zooms in on the image if you using the image scale feature.

Ok, back on topic!!!! Bad Javon, bad!

21. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for copying the article, Zero. With my dial-up connection here at home, it would've taken forever to access that link. I've always liked Doug Ritchay. He used to write for the Green Bay News Chronicle.

As for Javon, there are not enough bad things I can say about him right now, and others here have already said plenty. But at the same time, it's a little worrisome how much player discontent there has been in this organization during the last two years. It started under Sherman and has continued under Thompson. Maybe with Favre nearing the end of his career and the team not looking like a contender, players are just trying to cash in.

22. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I guess I'll include the articles in my posts from now on, even though large article posts like that drive me nuts. :x

I'll go text only from here on out I guess. :(

23. vikingmachine

vikingmachine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Javon is damn talented, I can understand that some of you are sick of some of the drama but he's a helluva WR IMO.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I like how you think 500k would solve that problem. You really do want to play GM, don't you?

I think Javon wants a little more than 500k. This is TO Jr. here. He probably wants his millions too.

I like how you think this problem stems from TT not giving up a measly 500k. It is obviously a higher number Javon wanted. Keep this in mind when Javon signs a contract somewhere, the numbers he gets.

It will be more than 500k, GM66

25. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The worse thing about this is now we're going to have to hang onto Robert Ferguson. Hopefully we resign Rod Gardner.