J Walk wants out

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh I know i feeel the same way.

But I think we should trade for either chris chambers or somebody who is in the top 15 for a draft pick

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett had every right to speak up about Walker last season, he is the leader of this team...I think if you sign a contract you stand by it, there is always going to be someone who makes more then you do..the money situation in the NFL is getting way out of hand IMO..

Walker is a great player, but with his injury now who knows how hes going to play next season.

Lets get going on free agency, I hope TT just dont go by the draft alone.

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the new cap number and the space we have available, do we make him an offer that would be hard to refuse?

Lots of stuff gets said during these negotiatoins that really don't mean anything. He's just frustrated and mad.

I say let's sit down with him, see what he wants, and offer something that we both can live with. If we can't do that then trade him to the Toledo mud hens.....

NCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Heather. Be a man and stand by your contract. Suck it up and Drive on. I know a lot of soldiers that wish they can get out of thier contracts. We dont even try. We SUCK IT UP and do what we gotta do.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the world would a team that has a top 15 WR trade for a broken WR that has had only 1 good year?

That makes no sense. Chambers for Walker? Any team that makes a move like that should automatically be sent to NFL Europe.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Javon had approached the situation properly, I would have had an issue with Favre butting in. But Javon didn't, and Brett, as a leader, had every right to call his punk *** out. And...what lesson was learned from the first time around? Apparently none, because here he is again whining in the media, making demands, and most heinously, smearing the organization.

It is all almost tolerable, until he crossed the line and started maligning the organization because he did not get his way. Once that happens, he is pissing on the fans as well....and I for one find that behavior inexcuseable.

Hey...Javon...should you ever find reason to peruse this site I have but one suggestion..........F@CK YOU! In the event your 9 on the Wonderlic size brain cannot absorb that, basically, I think you suck!!

Aaaaaah, all better now!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Ahaug is right...get javon off the banner!

(Ryan is probably pleased of this news, more work for him to do now. Or he can keep it up there as a constant reminder of who is NOT packer people.)

As long as he saved the PSD file it wont be but a minute for the change. :)

This really bums me out. I really liked Javon :( Hopefully he just ate some bad chicken.

I can see his point, but I don't agree with it. Taking your beef public jus annoys me with players.

Although I am excited with this news too! Why? Because TT will hopefully trade his sorry *** for some draft picks!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tt-romadz said:
"I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

If we can get something good for him, do it. He is coming back from a serious injury. What kind of value does he think he has right now?
---------

Citing recent contract squabbles with running back Ahman Green, tight end Bubba Franks, defensive lineman Grady Jackson and cornerback Mike McKenzie, as well as his own, Walker added, "I just don't like the way the organization runs itself. "

McKenzie and Ahman\Franks contract situations were with....2 different General Managers. Does he even realize that?
------------

While Walker is quite adamant about not sticking around in Green Bay for the final year of his contract -- whether Favre returns or not -- he promises not to be a disruption next season, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he said. "I don't have to play."

Wow....what a scumbag. I think it is funny that he doesn't even get paid as much as Robert Ferguson, yet he thinks he can hold out, miss camps,etc. He doesnt have the money in his bank to pay the fines those actions would cause.

edit ------

Im so bummed now! I was so enjoying this offseason. All we needed was guards,safety,and CB (and a cheap lb here, a wr there, of course)

It looks like Driver will be a #1 Wr again. T-murph cant ever play again. Ferguson might as well never play again. We cut chatman. Sigh

WR DEPTH CHART:
Donald Driver
(That is all)

good thing GB has 30 mil to spend...

I find this funny..TT...especially since the other day you said there was absolutely nothing wrong with GB's talent at the wide receiver position....

What I don't find as funny as you do is that Robert Ferguson is set to make more money than JWalk this year....nothing funny about that...

and what I really don't find funny is the way TT has handled this whole thing. As Bruce has stated, it is hard to find "blue chip" talent like this in the NFL...and what does TT do? He sits on his hands and let's situation get out of control...just like Sherman did with McKenzie....

What TT and the Packer organization should have done is say...We have a great player here in Javon, and we will talk to him..negotiate..and make a good faith offer to show him that we are interested in keeping him as a GB Packer...now that doesn't mean throwing the bank at him...but I'm sure Javon would have been happy if they said..."We'll give you 1.2 million for this year...and look very favorably upon you come contract time if you put up the same numbers that you did in '04....."

This would appease him, and make him want to perform for the GB Packers this year....everyone would be happy...

What TT has done, however..is created a disgruntled employee who is going to make the GB Packers look like an organization that does not "value" it's players....and TT is going to have a hard time signing ANY quality free agents from here on out....

So..get ready for some/many losing seasons ahead...thanks TT...for being a bonehead...

Also, don't forget...Javon Walker is probably thinking that if Favre retires...his numbers are going to go down because TT has pinned all of his hopes on an untested, unproven, rookie QB named Aaron Rodgers.......

it's a business too..

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...Ferguson makes more this year, but who got the big up front money on their initial contract? Yep...that's right, Javon Walker.

Comparing apples to oranges. Different rounds, different years, different contract cycles.

What is TT to do, break the bank on a guy who he does not know to be healthy yet? Why, there is a smart move. TT is handling it the only way he can, given the situation. But once again Javon is acting like a pissed off toddler. Said it before, say it again....F@CK him. That size 9 Wonderlic brain fails him again.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just when I was getting amped up for some off season improvements, Javon bails out.

Would be nice to still have Chatman coming off the bench now but, he is long gone.

If healthy, what is Walkers value? a second round pick?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it might be very uncomfortable to play for less money than what Mr. Useless Big Miuth Fergy is making BUT he could have found a Green like aproach "I would love to stay in GB I would love to retire a Packer" now lets find a way to feel happy on both sides how about an incentive ladden contract, just like Green´s? After this issues I can only think:

A.- I like Green even more than what I liked him he has found a way to get a Gentlemen agreement, and if he plays like in the old days and TT wont pay him in 2007, I will be pissed off with TT, even a Kampy´s way would have been better, at least Kampan has been a gentlemen and if he leaves he will be leaving but keeping the bridges to come back, and I will still like and be thankful to him.

B.- I found that Wonderlick tests are right of you score 9 you are basically retarded and idiot, look at Javon.

C.- You must never give big contracts like Sherman did, because it breaks the union in the team, if you pay Fergy, KGB and Hunt BIG MONEY for doing nothing it makes other player feel disgruntled as they give 110% and receive much less money than those underachivers.

D.- If someone says I dont want to play with you anymore you only have one choice: Show him the door.......or he will become a cancer for the team.

F.- So I would like to see TT kick Javon´s right in the *** and send him out the door to shop himself, then he will see what his real market value is.

G.- I would also love to see TT get rid of Fergy and KGB or make them play up to their contract !!!!

F@ck Javon !!!!!!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Rod Gardners stock just went up!

Yeah, hopefully. It would be awesome if Gardner could step in and live up to that 1st round potential. We might have picked Walker's replacement out of the trash.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell you one thing. It seems like more than coincedence that this whole total "unhappiness" with the Packers Organization thing comes out one day after the CBA deal is done and what happens? Everybody ends up with more money to spend! HMMMMM.

Didn't Walker's agent say before that he wanted to get a deal done BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED.

I looked just to make sure. My calender says it's like four months away.HMMMM. I wonder what changed.

Do you think it might have something to do with all the extra money out there. GEE. I wonder if that's it?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not one who typically refers folks to other forums, but over at packerchatters.com there is a poster who goes by the name JaySharpethebackPacker who has a post named "Here's Some".

Very interesting stuff. The guy appears very plugged into the Packers' organization and has a fairly decent track record on his predictions from the limited exposure I have had. Some very big potential moves are outlined...some big suprises to be honest.

Check it out.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No warhawk...it has a little to do with the money, but a lot more to do with the fact that the kid is a retard who operates in the Id (something most toddlers outgrow by about 4 or 5) and flaps his gums before engaging his 9 on the Wonderlic brain.

T.U.R.D. = Totally Unrealistic Retard Delusions

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I am not one who typically refers folks to other forums, but over at packerchatters.com there is a poster who goes by the name JaySharpethebackPacker who has a post named "Here's Some".

Very interesting stuff. The guy appears very plugged into the Packers' organization and has a fairly decent track record on his predictions from the limited exposure I have had. Some very big potential moves are outlined...some big suprises to be honest.

Check it out.

Hey Digs be careful, right now Ryan might be pissed of because of Javon and the work he is due to take this turd from the page AND you come here advertising other page... mmmmmm you might get banned !!!!!

Just Joking I will have some tequilas today and I will feel better tomorrow !!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am on Ryan's good side today.....gave him a "fix" with some tasty info on "The Hoff" yesterday. Gotta be worth something!!?! Right???

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I find this funny..TT...especially since the other day you said there was absolutely nothing wrong with GB's talent at the wide receiver position....

Oh I know that day, the one where Walker didn't state to ESPN he wanted out of GB. Makes sense.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not really digs...

I only felt the Pack had JWalk and Driver all along...and now it looks like they may not have JWalk..if TT doesn't play his cards right....

that's why I suggested that TT should look at Moulds or someone like him....(a crafty veteran)....to shore up the the shaky receiving corps at GB...

Gardner is unproven...
T.Murph is done...
Chatman was cut...

(but..certain other elements here were espousing that the Packer receiving corps was FINE..and TT should be looking elsewhere to sign FA's...and now these elements are recanting and going back on their previous assertions....)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Robinson is ok....

But Walker is better....

(just give him $500k more TT and resolve this issue...extend an olive branch rather than a stinging rod across the muzzle....! As much as many that post on this forum would prefer the rod...it is not the right answer...)

Players get pissed and sign elsewhere...and nobody wants to come to play in GB....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts