I've seen blueprints on how to beat the Packers...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers can control and move the ball throwing underneath Seattle's safeties. Get that working for a couple of drives, get those safeties coming up, and downfield strikes should open up.

The receivers need to put on their big boy pants and be prepared to take some licks from those safeties. Otherwise, it's same old same old.

Taking a dive in front Chancellor when he gets within striking distance, as Demarius Thomas did throughout the Superbowl, doesn't get it done. At that point, they own you.

"Respect your opponent but never fear your opponent" and that means MM too. None of this we have the best QB in the league and were gonna get cute and throw to one side.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way to beat the Seahawks is punch them in the mouth. Give Lacy and Starks the ball 27 times and spread the ball to every receiver we have. On defense don't be too concerned about getting alot of pressure on Wilson, he'll just run out of the pocket, contain, contain, contain.. also, win the field position battle.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way to beat the Seahawks is punch them in the mouth. Give Lacy and Starks the ball 27 times and spread the ball to every receiver we have. On defense don't be too concerned about getting alot of pressure on Wilson, he'll just run out of the pocket, contain, contain, contain.. also, win the field position battle.

There's a big key right there- be physical, don't buy into their mind/intimidation games. That's how Dallas whipped them in Seattle; they lined up with Murray and that Oline and played smashmouth old time football. Their D flew around and hit. And they took no crap.

Reaction score
I also think Rodgers needs to challenge Sherman. I know that he is a great corner but throwing some quick hitters to Sherman's side would allow us to play both sides of the field - something we didn't do in the first game. The noise from the 12th man got into our heads last time as well. If we can maintain our confidence/swagger and stay focused throughout the game I really believe we would have a good shot to beat them.
Yes, I agree. If you want to take wind out of the sails.. punch the biggest kid right in the nose
Wilson is a great QB, very efficient passer and runner... We need to spy him when we blitz and rattle his cage early. Stopping the run is key.. because I like our chances at Wilson vs. Rodgers. in the air. As said many times in here.. lets do a "Dr Phil" "people do what works" Dump passes to Lacy and challenge him to steamroll Mr. attitude

Last edited:
Reaction score
I swear I didn't read that first before commenting.. well said

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers and Chiefs managed to keep Wilson in the pocket. Only 30 rushing yards combined those two games for him. See what they did and copy it.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's obvious, Captain. Doesn't change the fact that their 'sub par' receivers make plays, and usually big ones.

Yes, the Seahawks receivers make plays as well but not as much as really good ones. They have combined for three 100+ receiving yards games this season, two of them coming vs. Arizona last week. The other one coming from Baldwin vs. the Rams when they ran for 171 yards. Another proof they need the run game to set up the pass.

CaptainWIMM; didn't mean to take a slap at you before. I'm working on one helluva toothache and should probably just go to bed. Nothing personal, my friend.
Here's one for you though, if I may expand further on your earlier statement that the 'Hawks offense is set up by their run game. I agree- odd for a 'passing league'- but Wilson is the monkey wrench in any plan of stopping them on the ground. He always is looking to take off. I wonder if any team has as many designed run plays for their QB as Seattle does. Containing Wilson to me is more important than Lynch.

No worries, hope your toothache is getting better. I still think containing Lynch especially between the tackles is the key to stopping their offense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Seahawks receivers make plays as well but not as much as really good ones. They have combined for three 100+ receiving yards games this season, two of them coming vs. Arizona last week. The other one coming from Baldwin vs. the Rams when they ran for 171 yards. Another proof they need the run game to set up the pass.

No worries, hope your toothache is getting better. I still think containing Lynch especially between the tackles is the key to stopping their offense.

Thanks, Captain. The toothache has spread to a gum infection, which has made my lower left cheek and lip puff out. I'm starting to look like Leo G. Carroll's scientist in "Tarantula", heh. Good luck getting a doctor on a holiday weekend, and I wasn't about to spend 1/2 the weekend sitting in an emergency room. A packer win today probably won't make me look better, but will certainly make me feel better. Maybe I'll go out later and scare some kids, heh.
It's not like I've seen all Seattle's games, but as to Lynch, I get a perception that he does a lot of his damage later in games, after Wilson and company get everyone stepping and fetching and softened up.
Any way you slice it, they're a handful, and a lot of trouble.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's not like I've seen all Seattle's games, but as to Lynch, I get a perception that he does a lot of his damage later in games, after Wilson and company get everyone stepping and fetching and softened up.
Any way you slice it, they're a handful, and a lot of trouble.

It's true Lynch is more effective running the ball in the second half. On the other hand Wilson throws more TD passes in the third and fourth quarter as well.

It would take some time (which I don't have at the moment) and another device as my phone to figure out why the Seahawks offense works that way aside of the obvious once like the defense getting tired and the team running the ball more often because of the score, opening up play action passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand this challenging Sherman attitude. Rodgers will throw to the open receiver. when we played the Seahawks, RS was covering Boykin pretty much the whole game, how many times do you reckon Boykin got open? I doubt he did all game. I wanna see Nelson on Sherman, which if we meet them again I'm sure that will happen. Rodgers isn't going to throw at him unless the receiver has beat him and it would be dumb to throw towards him just to prove you're not scared, especially in a game that could come down to one play.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't understand this challenging Sherman attitude. Rodgers will throw to the open receiver. when we played the Seahawks, RS was covering Boykin pretty much the whole game, how many times do you reckon Boykin got open? I doubt he did all game. I wanna see Nelson on Sherman, which if we meet them again I'm sure that will happen. Rodgers isn't going to throw at him unless the receiver has beat him and it would be dumb to throw towards him just to prove you're not scared, especially in a game that could come down to one play.

Lining up Boykin on Sherman all game essentially meant giving up that side of the field completely. IMO that game plan was a terrible one to start with.

OP
OP
Mklangelo

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I don't understand this challenging Sherman attitude. Rodgers will throw to the open receiver. when we played the Seahawks, RS was covering Boykin pretty much the whole game, how many times do you reckon Boykin got open?
I might be wrong but I don't think Rodgers threw at Boykin all day. That just struck me as strange. Maybe Boykin and Rodgers don't have any good chemistry together, but not ONCE? C'mon.

Stupid game plan.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lining up Boykin on Sherman all game essentially meant giving up that side of the field completely. IMO that game plan was a terrible one to start with.

That's what I felt like as well, I'd like to see Sherman-Nelson matchup, that would be fun to watch.

I might be wrong but I don't think Rodgers threw at Boykin all day. That just struck me as strange. Maybe Boykin and Rodgers don't have any good chemistry together, but not ONCE? C'mon.

Stupid game plan.

I think Rodgers didn't throw at Boykin because he didn't get open all day, hence again, I wanna see Nelson up against Sherman. Our best WR against your best CB, not your best CB against our 3/4 WR.

Sky King

Reaction score
MM and Rodgers had gotten a little too cute/stubborn in a couple of games this season, Seattle and Buffalo. Denying yourself almost half the playing field and most likely half of your playbook was not a brilliant strategy. Abandoning the run when the other team continues to concede it makes little sense either. But I guess that nobody really thinks their baby and their game plan is ugly.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't think you force the ball at Sherman just like you don't force the run if they wanna go 8 in the box. You take what they give you and make adjustments as you go. Pick and choose your spots being patient like Phillip Rivers and the Chargers did. If those guys did it you would think we could and I don't wanna hear the Antonio Gates thing because the Chargers have nowhere near the perimeter weapons we have.

Our game plan Sucked in week 1 and there is no other word for it. We made no effort to keep them honest and MM got caught completely up in the hype show. This is not to take away from Seattle's defense but I was thoroughly disappointed.

It's simple. Spread there big zone out and pick em apart underneath. Frustrate the hell out of them and force them to blitz because they really can't get pressure with 4 guys. Then hit em over the top.

What you don't do: Go and say we have to punch them in the mouth no matter what and were going to impose our will and run against the 8 man front or let's just avoid Sherman all together. That's the trap they want you to get caught up in.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think putting Cobb on Sherman would be a better match up. Sherman has trouble covering smaller faster guys. Specially when they do a double move or quick slants. Cobb is more than qualified for the challenge

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think putting Cobb on Sherman would be a better match up. Sherman has trouble covering smaller faster guys. Specially when they do a double move or quick slants. Cobb is more than qualified for the challenge

Your 100 percent on point. If you go back and watch the week 1 game like I have several times painfully enough you will see there were plays Cobb was behind Sherman and Rodgers didn't even look that way. He chucked it down field to Jordy in double coverage.

With what Seattle does it is also possible to get Cobb matched up on there LB's in some situations if done correctly. Like I shared we have every piece needed to attack these clowns. I expect MM to have a much better game plan if we play these guys again.

D

Deleted member 6794

Your 100 percent on point. If you go back and watch the week 1 game like I have several times painfully enough you will see there were plays Cobb was behind Sherman and Rodgers didn't even look that way. He chucked it down field to Jordy in double coverage.

With what Seattle does it is also possible to get Cobb matched up on there LB's in some situations if done correctly. Like I shared we have every piece needed to attack these clowns. I expect MM to have a much better game plan if we play these guys again.

The Seahawks won´t line up Sherman across from Cobb. Jeremy Lane will cover him most of the time in the slot.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks won´t line up Sherman across from Cobb. Jeremy Lane will cover him most of the time in the slot.
Seahawks line up their guys on the same side and challenge teams to beat them that way. So if they line up Cobb on the right side. Sherman will cover him

D

Deleted member 6794

Seahawks line up their guys on the same side and challenge teams to beat them that way. So if they line up Cobb on the right side. Sherman will cover him

The Packers won´t line up Cobb on the outside constantly. He´s best playing in the slot.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, their receivers make some plays but aside of Doug Baldwin none of them has reached 40 receptions. If the Packers somehow manage to contain the Seahawks running game I don't think their receivers will be able to beat us.

Well that's exactly it, their receivers are a pedestrian group at best without Percy Harvin. Against the Packers in week 1 Harvin produced 100 yards of total offense, his jet sweeps also opened up the middle of the defense for Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks offense as it presently stands really doesn't match up that well with the Packers defense. The way our corners play we should be able to play 8 in the box against them, their receivers are pedestrian.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers and Quarless need to come alive so that Rodgers has multiple throwing options, especially to big guys underneath. Safeties like hitting WRs that are about their size. They dislike hitting bigger TEs. Rodgers showed his toughness with that first down catch against the Lions. I would think that getting Lacy some swing passes and screens will help cool down the big safety hits as well. For a big guy, Lacy is not a good runner into the pile but he excels at making moves around the pile and while out in space.

Members online

Latest posts