It's Up to TT now....and MM

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what they tell Brett, it will fall on his shoulders..I dont care if they say we got Moss, Tony G, and T.O...If Brett decides he rather be home with his family from now on, not one FA signing will chgange that..

LT has a point, we're kind of assuming here that Brett will base his decision (if he hasnt made one already) on what immediate action TT will take to make this team a contender next year.

Much as Favre has spoken of his wish for another super bowl ring, there's no way he could have thought that last year's and this year's team were capable of doing that and yet he came back. I think Brett has kind of given up on the whole 'going out in Elway style'. Its very obvious that if he's been around its been because of his love for the game and in a more cynical vein perhaps for the records he continues to break.

If he comes back it will be less to do with what TT does or doesnt do but because he misses the game too much to give it up all together.

If anything the onus is on Favre to make his plans clear and then for us to hope like hell that if he's coming back, TT wears the same draft hat he wore last year and also takes out his wallet and makes some high impact FA signings.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
No matter what they tell Brett, it will fall on his shoulders..I dont care if they say we got Moss, Tony G, and T.O...If Brett decides he rather be home with his family from now on, not one FA signing will chgange that..

LT has a point, we're kind of assuming here that Brett will base his decision (if he hasnt made one already) on what immediate action TT will take to make this team a contender next year.

Much as Favre has spoken of his wish for another super bowl ring, there's no way he could have thought that last year's and this year's team were capable of doing that and yet he came back. I think Brett has kind of given up on the whole 'going out in Elway style'. Its very obvious that if he's been around its been because of his love for the game and in a more cynical vein perhaps for the records he continues to break.

If he comes back it will be less to do with what TT does or doesnt do but because he misses the game too much to give it up all together.

If anything the onus is on Favre to make his plans clear and then for us to hope like hell that if he's coming back, TT wears the same draft hat he wore last year and also takes out his wallet and makes some high impact FA signings.

beautiful. very good post. brett said he would decide in 2 weeks. doubt TT is gonna do a whole lot of Free Agent signings in those 2 weeks or sign many draft picks. considering the season is about 5-6 more weeks from being over. and the draft is next summer. Brett has seen the evidence, knows the plan. now its just between him and his family.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
So Packnic, just what responsibilities does TT have as GM of the GB Packers...?

Does he have any? Can he can just do what he wants and not have to account to, or tell anyone what his plans are, and the fans, players, and shareholders just have to accept it and make decisions on their future in with the Packers regardless of what the organization plans to do?

That doesn't make much sense to me... Are the GM and HC really that powerless over the situation as you seem to make them out?

I think I recall Ron Wolf and Holmgren bending over backwards and making promises to Reggie White before he decided to come here. Why doesn't Favre deserve the same respect?

It's funny how you bend over backwards to defend TT and MM, but are willing to put all of the responsibility on Favre's doorstep....

Seems a might unbalanced to me... :chalflag:

Why should Favre come back if TT isn't going to do anything more to improve this team...or if he is, why would he be unwilling or not responsible for having to tell Brett Favre about it? Why do you consider this unfair to TT and MM..?

I don't understand this reasoning... :shrug:

The only one Ted has to answer to really is John Jones and the Packer board..Those are the ONLY ones he technically has to tell if he HAS to tell anyone..

As I stated b4...Ted could sit with Brett, and lay out his plan to aquire Tony G, Moss, and T.O, and what his draft plans are..We all know that would be awesome for the offense...Brett still is the only guy who can say if it is enough..

As someone else said..Last year on paper and b4 Brett decided, did anyone truly believe that Ted did enuff to make Brett come back? I for one didnt think so..

The team did not look to be as good as the previous team...Brett went into it thinking it probably would be just as bad..

Brett has been with MM for a full season, knows what is expected of him, knows what the team is very capable of...He knows that the team wants him back as it has been stated publicly more then once what Mike and ted have said..

I am a big fan of when someone has an opinion that its their right and you cant fault them for it..

With all that said, it is up to Brett no matter what Ted promises..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team is in a much different place than it was last year. TT was not about to sacrifice the future of the team to piece meal another team around Brett.

Last year we needed to upgrade at least five positions on defense and we will benefit greatly by bringing back the same unit plus a for sure upgrade at safety.

We should come out of the gate much better next year.

Or "0" line should be an asset instead of a major concern and we can turn to the needs at WR and TE and possibly RB if Green doesn't return.

TT has to know that nothing less than the playoffs next year will be good enough after getting to 8-8 this year. Plugging in rookies in positions of need won't cut it.

The guys not an idiot. He improved the personnel in many positions while putting the cap in a great shape. That's no easy feat.

IMO we are solid playmaker and a TE red zone threat from being a legitimate playoff team and he knows it better than any of us. I mean how many times does he need to sit in a booth and watch us mess up a red zone opportunity to see we need some help there?

There is no way he could have possibly made enough moves at all the positions needed to be a playoff team in that short of a time. The good news is we are way closer now than in the last few years to putting it all together.

He's gotten us this close. I highly doubt he will screw it up now.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's decision is ultimately gonna come down to what his family thinks he should do and whether the ankle surgey turns out to good. I think that Brett is gonna make a quicker decision then he did before because this year he knows what he has to work with next year. Last year there were so many questions and he didnt know what he had to work with.

Members online

Latest posts