1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Time to give a Thank You to...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Cheesehog, May 29, 2006.

1. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All the men and woman who served their country to keep us free..PAST AND PRESENT.......THANK YOU!

[​IMG]

2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    amen to that, cheesehog!! :USA:

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    YUP!!!!
    I make it a rule that whenever i see a veteran, whether it's WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf war, whatever, to go up to them and THANK them. I have done this hundreds of times, and you'd be surprised at how many of them are truely SHOCKED when i do it. It shouldn't BE that way. They should expect the thanks of us who have gained by their sacrifice. I have had Vietnam vets start crying, telling me that NO one has ever thanked them for what they went through.
    I know it is hard to go up to total strangers to do this, but if they have a "Veterans" hat on, i do it. I have had wives of men come up to me and whisper a "thank you!" to me for acknowledging their man.
    Whether you agree, or disagree with a certain war, these brave men fought for their country, and our freedoms. Freedom is free, but comes at a GREAT price to some people and their families.
    If even ONE of you goes out and starts doing this, you won't BELIEVE how many lives you will touch!
    I'm not talking about this to get a pat on my own back, i'm hoping some of you will start doing this also! Our VETERANS DESERVE this!