It's time to acknowledge that the Lions are for real

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Reading this thread has been rather amusing. LIONS SUCK! NO THEY DON'T! YES THEY DO! NO THEY DON'T! YES THEY REALLY DO! NO THEY REALLY DON'T! ...

The more opinions offered, the more difference you might see.

The Lions don't suck.

It's just that the Packers can beat those ******. :devilish:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are capable of winning their next seven games but are facing four tough opponents with Philadelphia, New England, Buffalo and Detroit.
The Lions have yet to prove they are anything close to tough at Lambeau. About half of the guys who dress for this game would not have even been born the last time the Lions won in GB. Yes, eventually those trends come to an end... but not this year. Rodgers is just too damn good at Lambeau.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Lions have yet to prove they are anything close to tough at Lambeau. About half of the guys who dress for this game would not have even been born the last time the Lions won in GB. Yes, eventually those trends come to an end... but not this year. Rodgers is just too damn good at Lambeau.

I expect the Packers to beat the Lions in week 17 as well but it will be a tough game.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more opinions offered, the more difference you might see.

The Lions don't suck.

It's just that the Packers can beat those ******. :devilish:

LMAO, you disagree with my post saying that this whole thread was rather amusing with the back and forth on whether the lions suck or not, quoting that particular part of my post, and then proceed to say the Lions don't suck. Brilliant! Thank you for fully proving my point while simultaneously disagreeing with it. You sir are a genius.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
LMAO, you disagree with my post saying that this whole thread was rather amusing with the back and forth on whether the lions suck or not, quoting that particular part of my post, and then proceed to say the Lions don't suck. Brilliant! Thank you for fully proving my point while simultaneously disagreeing with it. You sir are a genius.
I never said the lions suck but I think we can beat them. I don't see any conflict as I've had one opinion consistently and I have no idea what point you refer to my making for you.

You make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You are a little tender. I just thought it was amusing that you post in a thread which basically asks for opinions on just how good the Lions are and then criticize when various people give various opinions and mine was that they don't suck.

What is the exact nature of your problem? You are a little tender, maybe you should not interact with the public, you don't seem capable of doing it without getting personal. I have one idiot on my ignore list. I'm about to ad another.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions are obviously a good team and a legit competitor in the North, but they've required a *lot* of luck to get to 7-2. Luck doesn't work in the playoffs and in December against good teams. Time for that team to show some real heart and ability.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said the lions suck but I think we can beat them. I don't see any conflict as I've had one opinion consistently and I have no idea what point you refer to my making for you.

You make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You are a little tender. I just thought it was amusing that you post in a thread which basically asks for opinions on just how good the Lions are and then criticize when various people give various opinions and mine was that they don't suck.

What is the exact nature of your problem? You are a little tender, maybe you should not interact with the public, you don't seem capable of doing it without getting personal. I have one idiot on my ignore list. I'm about to ad another.

Here is my point
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
Here is your head

I will try to spell it our for you the best I can....

I read 5 pages of posts where people are bickering about whether or not the Lions suck, you, as best as I can tell, disagree with me (which I care about as much as you saying I am "tender" that is for the record none at all) saying that is what the whole thread is about and then proceed to tell me that the Lions don't suck even though I never partook in saying the the Lions suck.

Are you really missing the amusement of that? Or is still completely above your head?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one. The Lions defense can't do it alone and all Stafford and the offense keep doing is proving they're not legit. Sorry folks... they're not ready for prime time.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just glad the Lions finally played a team that didn't collapse down the stretch for a change. Arizona is 9-1 for a reason and there isn't a huge drop off from Palmer to Stanton. New England on the road isn't going to be any easier for them next week and we should beat the Vikings since they aren't playing in the humpty dome anymore.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I see the Lions recently, the more I think their offense is not going to outscore Rodgers. The Lions offense hasn't been good as of late. Even with the number one defense, it will be hard for them to shut down Rodgers in Lambeau.

Reaction score
I agree Carl. The Lions still have the best D, But their offense looked like #26th today. We (GB)have a more balanced team all around.

Reaction score
The more I see the Lions recently, the more I think their offense is not going to outscore Rodgers. The Lions offense hasn't been good as of late. Even with the number one defense, it will be hard for them to shut down Rodgers in Lambeau.
Yes. Now Detroit can be sporadic. Their D plays consistent but their offense is inconsistent. So on the right day they can cause us problems, sure. But if we played 10 games in each other stadium GB would win roughly 4-5 of 10 games games in Detroit. But Detroit would lose 7-8 of the games At Lambeau

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the offense is no good. they scored more than 24 pts once all year and that was week one.

H

HardRightEdge

I think we should revisit this thread on Dec. 29.
Something tells me that isn't going to happen. ;)

I had the chance to see the 4th. quarter of the Detroit game...if that was indicative of the game as whole, Stafford was somewhere between flummoxed and dazed-and-confused.

Still and all, it was a 14-6 game against quality competition. It's a bit early to write off Detroit with that stingy defense which is no fluke.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Lions loss to the Cardinals doesn´t change the way I think about them at all. I expect them to lose at New England on Sunday as well, then win their next four and lose the NFC North championship game in week 17 at Lambeau.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Had carson palmer not gotten hurt, that game wouldhave been worse than 14-6. Stanton is a more than serviceable back up, but he missed some throws that palmer would have nailed. That could have been a 28-6 game. Six points by the lions in nice cozy AZ dome? lol....c'mon outside in late dec kitty kats.
Hate to say it, and it may be early....but I told ya so. Better believe there will be another told ya so after the pats tame the lions even further next week outside at foxboro. I can see the lions losing another game vs the bears in chicago and maybe even another surprise lose. We are getting hot, and i think this will start the cooling off of the lions. NFC north is ours!!!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something tells me that isn't going to happen. ;)

I had the chance to see the 4th. quarter of the Detroit game...if that was indicative of the game as whole, Stafford was somewhere between flummoxed and dazed-and-confused.

Still and all, it was a 14-6 game against quality competition. It's a bit early to write off Detroit with that stingy defense which is no fluke.

Yep! That is exactly what I am talking about. He looks exactly like the same old Stafford. I just keep getting more and more confirmation of it each week. That's how he looked against the Fins before finally making one play.

If that defense doesn't literally take over and win games they're not going anywhere. The Lions offense is not good and Stafford HAS NOT taken the next step.

I wonder how many people that keep talking up this team have actually watched them play at all.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
When the Packers and Lions play on the 28, IMO the deciding factor will be how well the Packers OL plays. Remember, the Lions played a lot of dime and needed just 6 in the box to dominate the Packers O. The Packers longest gain was 18 yards against a depleted secondary. And Lacy ran for 36 yards in 11 carries. If the Packers OL performance yesterday was more an indication of how good they are (and not about the quality of the Eagles rush), they’ll have to show that improvement against the Lions in late December. The defense allowed more than 60% third down conversions but I’m not too worried about that side of the ball if the offense can perform. The D is definitely playing with much more energy and the switch of Clay to the middle is paying dividends.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I told people Stafford was gonna do what he did yesterday in big games, and I can definitely say if Palmer plays that score gets a lot worse for Det. That being said, whoever plays AZ in the playoffs, even if Stanton is the guy, is gonna have their hands full still.

Detroit's D has kind of taken over where Lovie had Chicago's in some of his prime days as coach there, it's definitely gonna make life tougher for opponents. But if Stafford continues some of that bad decision making, it's gonna really bite them in the butt come playoffs this year.

And I'm in agreement that I think New England is gonna do a number on them next game. Det's defense is probably better than Indy's, but not by a whole lot.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, I know i have watched them 3 full games and 2 partial games...... And i have to say this about the lions: a puppy not crapping on the rug impresses me more than they do. They are an overrated bunch and the AZ cards proved that with their back up QB. Stafford looked lost in the woods, megatron was basically shut down by patrick peterson and company. Not one aspect of their monster 6 point effort was even remotely impressive. All season long they have struggled to put up good points and have won most of their games by very slim margins. Their term of luck is running thin.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I know i have watched them 3 full games and 2 partial games...... And i have to say this about the lions: a puppy not crapping on the rug impresses me more than they do. They are an overrated bunch and the AZ cards proved that with their back up QB. Stafford looked lost in the woods, megatron was basically shut down by patrick peterson and company. Not one aspect of their monster 6 point effort was even remotely impressive. All season long they have struggled to put up good points and have won most of their games by very slim margins. Their term of luck is running thin.

I hope you're right(that they are running out of luck), but then one could say they weren't impressed with our 7 point performance against the Lions in week 3. I don't think, in this case, the Lions losing by one possession on the road to the team with the best record in the NFC is anything to be ashamed about. I fully expect the Lions to lose next week as well, but then the going gets a lot easier for them. Who is going to beat them before we play them in week 17? The best hope is probably Chicago at home.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right(that they are running out of luck), but then one could say they weren't impressed with our 7 point performance against the Lions in week 3. I don't think, in this case, the Lions losing by one possession on the road to the team with the best record in the NFC is anything to be ashamed about. I fully expect the Lions to lose next week as well, but then the going gets a lot easier for them. Who is going to beat them before we play them in week 17? The best hope is probably Chicago at home.

it's real simple. Stafford and that offense are not playoff worthy. the defense is very good and certainly is playoff worthy. The defense however is not good enough to make up the difference. i'll say it again... not exactly sure how much more "proof" anyone needs to see that it's the same exact Lions team as ever on the offensive side. They are quite simply doing nothing but confirming that week in and week out.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I agree, PackerfaninCarolina, Foxboro is not where Stafford want's to be on

We can beat the Lions. Packer's D can fluster Stafford.

Members online

Latest posts