It's time for me to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will no longer be posting on this site. As much as I have enjoyed my brief time here I just felt like I never fit in. My opinions seemed to irritate too many forum members. Everything I posted was how I honestly felt about the team. I love the Packers and enjoy talking Packer football. I don't know why but for some reason I got labeled a Viking troll, a Packer hater and rumor monger. I don't know how to overcome that and convince people otherwise. I liked reading this forum. It seems to have many knowledgeable fans who enjoy talking about their Packers. I'll miss this place but it's time to move on.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Sorry to see anyone go. If you enjoy it here so much, why leave though? Who cares what the internet thinks of you?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farewell Packerbob! Sorry you had such rough time, I'd like to just think you were very often just tragically misunderstood! Hope you continue to root for the Packers and best of luck to you!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
thats your choice I wont beg you to keep posting...but know that some people can't accept that insiders post here..

I for one know all to well that things are said and because there is no real proff they will not believe it

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Unless you are a paraplegic, (and if so then accept this typed apology) don't look to "fit in" on the internet. The internet is so impersonal one never knows the true person behind any typing. I could even be saying that I'm a skinny wasp from central Pa where they love their guns and their Bibles, but actually be some enormous female tribal island witch doctor from Katmandu trolling the internet for someone to curse.

If you want to use the internet for the exchange of information or opinions, fine. But it is hard to try to gain emotional attachment through a series of 1s and 0s. One suggestion would be to find a real live group of Packer Backers in your area if you want to "fit in".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will no longer be posting on this site. As much as I have enjoyed my brief time here I just felt like I never fit in. My opinions seemed to irritate too many forum members. Everything I posted was how I honestly felt about the team. I love the Packers and enjoy talking Packer football. I don't know why but for some reason I got labeled a Viking troll, a Packer hater and rumor monger. I don't know how to overcome that and convince people otherwise. I liked reading this forum. It seems to have many knowledgeable fans who enjoy talking about their Packers. I'll miss this place but it's time to move on.

I'm not sure why you give much credence to what people you'll probably never meet in person think about you on the interwebs, but I think you'd fit in fine if you just tempered the doom and gloom a bit. It seems like none of your posts were ever complimentary, just always negative.

As for you being an insider or not, I'm personally one of those guys who just needs proof. I think rumors are too easy to fabricate on the internet, so I believe none of it until I see it come from some kind of credible source. That said, go ahead and keep posting your rumors or whatever. You'll certainly take heat for it initially, but if they pan out, you'll gain credibility. Otherwise ignore the critics and keep posting away.

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Later.

You have posted two times that 'okay I'm not going to post here anymore'. Now you have started a thread with that. Not sure if you are wanting for people to beg you to stay or what.

If you are going to call yourself an insider, expect to get criticized. There have been too many who have been exposed as frauds. You have already quoted Joe Arrigo as a source who has been caught more than once in complete lies. Not too mention that I don't know of a single inside tidbit that he has been right about.

If you wish to be an insider and post here or other places, go ahead. If any of your info ever pans out you will gain some respect. Until then you will be met with lots of criticism. Personally, my inside info says that nobody has inside info. Nobody working for the Packers is going to risk their job by telling friends or relatives what the Packers are planning on doing.

And if you are saying you have inside info, that wouldn't be a rumor. That would be a direct source and truth (at least for you). It would be a rumor if we read it and passed it along. I don't accept the sorry excuse 'well it was just a rumor and rumors usually don't tend to come to fuition'. Too many of these rumors are sources of anger against TT and that just ain't right. How many of these are 'TT is interested in signing Chris Johnson RB for the Titans and is offering a 3rd round pick and the Titans want a 2nd.' This is followed by 'TT is a Moron if he doesn't do this!' type posts.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the kind replies I'm receiving I'm know reconsidering my decision. I'll let this thread run a little longer to see if the majority of posters want me to return.

P.S. Packers are in talks with Panthers for running backs(Deangelo Williams or Goodsen)

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way the panthers give up deangelo. unless we sell the farm. i like the farm as it is, could use another workhorse though. go goosen

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE: It's 8:00 p.m. and I'm still undecided but with all the love coming in I'm leaning towards returning. Although that decision isn't final, I will continue to monitor this thread throughout the evening. Hopefully I'll have a decision by tomorrow.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
UPDATE: It's 8:00 p.m. and I'm still undecided but with all the love coming in I'm leaning towards returning. Although that decision isn't final, I will continue to monitor this thread throughout the evening. Hopefully I'll have a decision by tomorrow.

Where have I seen THIS before? Let me guess, you've decided to go over to the Viking Boards where they can give you undivided, individual worship....:bye:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OH THE DRAMA! Maybe you'd be better served taking your talents to South Beach?

Dude, no offense, and I'm not deliberately trying to be mean, but I don't think anyone here is going to lose sleep if you decide to stop posting here. I mean, it's not like you alone are the grease that keeps the wheels spinning here. The forum existed long before you and will continue to exist long after you.

I also gotta say, this whole self-important, "I'll let you know my decision" nonsense is really quite juvenile. It screams Jr. High School kid. Stay, leave, whatever, it's no skin off our nose. Let's just cut the crap, huh?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you nuts SpartaChris? You might hurt his feelings and he might reconsider returning. For all you know this could be Bob Harlan. **** YOU SpartaChris. You better hope I never meet you in person after talking to Packerbobharlan like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts