It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The source?

Aaron Rodgers.

Said that he's all in on wanting to play. The Packers made it clear that they are ready to move on, and that Rodgers consequently made it clear that he "intends to play for the Jets".

According to Rodgers, the only thing holding the deal up is the Packers and Jets agreeing on compensation.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup...and as I predicted some subtle backhands but also some heartfelt remorse as well. It's been a good mixture of stuff from him so far.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - regardless of what you think of Aaron the QB or Aaron the man or Aaron in the offseason....you really must watch all of the times he goes on and speak. You learn a ton.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Murphy really shot himself in the foot with his obvious desire to get rid of AR. He totally removed the possibility of AR coming back and now the Packers will suffer in return draft compensation. What an idiot.

ACTUALLY Aaron spoke that he felt he wasn't coming back well before Mark Murphy said a word. My source - Aaron himself today.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
ACTUALLY Aaron spoke that he felt he wasn't coming back well before Mark Murphy said a word. My source - Aaron himself today.
True but Murphy's comments were as clear as day and signaled to the Jets and others that it wasn't really a possibility that Rodgers would come back. And I fear that the compensation the Packers receive won't be anywhere near what many desire as something of a result.

Also...Rodgers said that while he felt like he wouldn't be coming back, the Packers messaging contradicted that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True but Murphy's comments were as clear as day and signaled to the Jets and others that it wasn't really a possibility that Rodgers would come back. And I fear that the compensation the Packers receive won't be anywhere near what many desire as something of a result.

Also...Rodgers said that while he felt like he wouldn't be coming back, the Packers messaging contradicted that.

Eh....he back tracked that some because minutes later when AJ was asking him questions he clearly said he didn't think he'd be back playing in Green Bay....and AJ caught how that contradicted some what he said earlier.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Eh....he back tracked that some because minutes later when AJ was asking him questions he clearly said he didn't think he'd be back playing in Green Bay....and AJ caught how that contradicted some what he said earlier.
So your response to Spanky was to say that Aaron is your source. In the next post, you don't know whether to take his word for it or not.

Can't have it both ways....lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your response to Spanky was to say that Aaron is your source. In the next post, you don't know whether to take his word for it or not.

Can't have it both ways....lol

What are you talking about? I specifically spoke to his dialogue, he himself walked it back slightly when AJ caught the slight contradiction. There isn't anything to run with there PackAttack

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I specifically spoke to his dialogue, he himself walked it back slightly when AJ caught the slight contradiction. There isn't anything to run with there PackAttack
I'm sure it seems that way in your head lol.

Regardless, if you're saying he walked a comment back, that should seem to suggest that you don't trust a lot of what he says. And you've made insinuations like that in the past.

But I digress.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Murphy really shot himself in the foot with his obvious desire to get rid of AR. He totally removed the possibility of AR coming back and now the Packers will suffer in return draft compensation. What an idiot.

Whatever 'damage' he did is offset by the Jets desire to get Rodgers and starting to make moves in anticipation of that.

Packers window of getting a Wilson haul was last year which they blew. This year was probably always a hope for a 1 and something.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Festivus is coming earlier each year. Aaron was already in the airing of the grievance stage. Maybe if he would have restructured his contract or lessened his demands we could have had a better receiver or two? Maybe we could have afforded to keep Adams? We'll never know. I just wish the Pack would have cut ties a year ago. I said it then, that was dumb.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it seems that way in your head lol.

Regardless, if you're saying he walked a comment back, that should seem to suggest that you don't trust a lot of what he says. And you've made insinuations like that in the past.

But I digress.

I literally merely stated what happened and was said (in a summation of course). I had no reason to doubt him honestly in what he said first, and like I said he didn't completely 180, but did back track a bit when AJ caught the difference. It was a small difference with no overarching change in what he was saying, but a change sure. You're running so far with something very small.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Thing I dont get is why did he automatically assume they wanted to shop him from a few murmurs from couple of players.

They paid him all that money why would he think they are doing him dirty? Isnt the point of all of this is to get the most money?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing I dont get is why did he automatically assume they wanted to shop him from a few murmurs from couple of players.

They paid him all that money why would he think they are doing him dirty? Isn't the point of all of this is to get the most money?

Who knows, folks talk, rumors swirl and as he knew before he even left Green Bay his time was most likely over so as he said he wasn't too shocked, he just felt the sentiment or atleast mindset of Green Bay had switched from we will hit pause button to they hit a button of decision.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever 'damage' he did is offset by the Jets desire to get Rodgers and starting to make moves in anticipation of that.

Packers window of getting a Wilson haul was last year which they blew. This year was probably always a hope for a 1 and something.
If we get #13 and the used coffee grounds from Jets HQ this morning I’ll be happy. We got a third for Favre (mainly because the Packer organization were cowards)

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you even listen to what he Rodgers said today?

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trade should have happened last offseason. Little late for a solid return but I guess I’ll be optimistic for ***** and giggles.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get #13 and the used coffee grounds from Jets HQ this morning I’ll be happy. We got a third for Favre (mainly because the Packer organization were cowards)

Honestly I truly think GB wants two ones - BUT Jets don't want to give up that much. If I'm Gute I'd start considering throwing back at them our thirds (this year and next) to get their two ones maybe even + other stuff or players.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I truly think GB wants two ones - BUT Jets don't want to give up that much. If I'm Gute I'd start considering throwing back at them our thirds (this year and next) to get their two ones maybe even + other stuff or players.
Tom Peliserro tweeted we aren’t looking for multiple 1s for what his “insider” info is worth.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trading him to the AFC and getting a possible first was not cowardly. It was probably the best deal on the table for an AFC team at the time.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Private conversations almost always preface public pronouncements; to suggest Murphy, the GM, etc did not advise Rodgers or in some way indicate that he was not first choice to come back would not make any sense. The entire management team has indicated for some time they wanted to move on, this past year was the final nail to make that happen. Now they have their wish, they are in "rehab" mode at best and at worst in "rebuild" mode. They have a QB in his 4th year with little to show for those years, a 5th year option at $20+Million staring at them and an offense that is suspect at every position. What they get from the Jets for AR will be interesting, "talking heads" don't believe it will be much and might even depend on his performance this year with NYJ. Bottom line, GB does not look like a team that will or is ready to challenge either the vikes or Lions this year or next but who knows?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not terribly surprising. If there wasn't as much hurt next year for having him play here this year something like this would have been more surprising. But as it stands, it's expected. I hope we get something in return to do something in the draft.

Members online

Latest posts