It's Not For Jennings To Express His Opinion

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is right.
Only the coach knows what he is feeling and no one else.

I have no ill will towards Jennings. I thought he was great and was sad to see him go and wish he was still with us.
That's the business part of football I don't like. Watching beloved and great players leaving.
Then again, maybe I don't like any of the business part of football. Imagine what it would be like if it wasn't so much business and more about sport. I bet there would be a lot more fun to it if they were playing for free!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Greg while he was here and I find it sad in a way of how things fell apart. From his comments about the team before the 2012 season was even over, to his comments about Rodgers and the Packers after he signed with the Vikings, it's been totally classless on his part. If he had just left due to the business aspect of the game that would be completely understandable(he hardly would be the first player to that), but he leaves and then trashes players on this team and organization. I lost a lot of respect for him.

D

Dan115

Jennings is happy now. Good schools in Minn and now he plays with a qb who is a leader. Leads them to last place. He left Green Bay so the younger players would have a chance. A great move on his part.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg was a fav of mine.. I even bought some of his merch that I had signed..

I was fine with him wanting more $, but the stuff he said and did his last year here started to rub me the wrong way.

Then the odd ball stuff after he was gone just made me have sour taste in my mouth

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Greg was a fav of mine.. I even bought some of his merch that I had signed..

I was fine with him wanting more $, but the stuff he said and did his last year here started to rub me the wrong way.

Then the odd ball stuff after he was gone just made me have sour taste in my mouth

It seems the Purple smurfs have that effect on ex Packers. I think they should change their name to the Purple Poachers.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When asked whether the Vikings have championship qualities, Jennings said: "One of the things that drew me to coming over here was the makeup of the team. When I came over here, I was kind of brainwashed. There's no 'kind of' to it. Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think anyone in the division is tiers below."

"It's like everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best," Jennings continued. "And it's like total brainwashing. And I think you don't open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position, and I was afforded this position."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...ota-vikings-was-brainwashed-green-bay-packers

If Jennings were a Packerforum.com member, he may get the feeling that we are picking on him. He'd be 100% right.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He is right.
Only the coach knows what he is feeling and no one else.

I have no ill will towards Jennings. I thought he was great and was sad to see him go and wish he was still with us.
That's the business part of football I don't like. Watching beloved and great players leaving.
Then again, maybe I don't like any of the business part of football. Imagine what it would be like if it wasn't so much business and more about sport. I bet there would be a lot more fun to it if they were playing for free!
I find it to be just the opposite. I love the business aspect of it. The public popularity of the game ensures that it cannot be anything except an economic juggernaut. The salary cap and revenue sharing ensures fairness and the opportunity for all 32 franchises to thrive and prosper. I'm not much of a player fan. They come and go. I only really care about the entirety known as the Green Bay Packers. As long as management treats the players fairly and respectfully, I can handle seeing guys leave. No big deal at all. By most accounts, management and staff treats it's employees well.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...ota-vikings-was-brainwashed-green-bay-packers

If Jennings were a Packerforum.com member, he may get the feeling that we are picking on him. He'd be 100% right.

:laugh: :laugh::laugh::D:laugh: Well.... :tup:...there you go Mr. Jennings! You certainly "were afforded the position to see what other teams in the division have to offer". LMAO

Of course, it probably sucks that your "position" is at the end of the caboose. You have the view of the last sled dog and the get to smell the back end as well! You fcking clown.

Well, at least his kids are in better schools now so they'll know the meaning of the words fool, regret, irony...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh::laugh::D:laugh: Well.... :tup:... they'll know the meaning of the words fool, regret, irony...
fool - them there people
regret - the big bird paw shot out at duh cabin last summer. tasted sumtin like possum and goose.
irony - wut maw duz on washun day fter takin the duds offn du line.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked Greg while he was here and I find it sad in a way of how things fell apart. From his comments about the team before the 2012 season was even over, to his comments about Rodgers and the Packers after he signed with the Vikings, it's been totally classless on his part. If he had just left due to the business aspect of the game that would be completely understandable(he hardly would be the first player to that), but he leaves and then trashes players on this team and organization. I lost a lot of respect for him.

I think Jennings really wanted to stay in Green Bay and his negative comments about the Packers are the expression of disappointment that they didn't have sal-cap and roster space to keep him here. The man went for the money and so has traded bucks for the quality of his pro football career. Maybe he could have stayed for less, but still substantial, money and had a quarterback who can get the ball to him to keep him an upper tier receiver. Instead he's got more money and no quarterback to get the ball to him and he's no longer than upper tier receiver.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jennings really wanted to stay in Green Bay and his negative comments about the Packers are the expression of disappointment that they didn't have sal-cap and roster space to keep him here. The man went for the money and so has traded bucks for the quality of his pro football career. Maybe he could have stayed for less, but still substantial, money and had a quarterback who can get the ball to him to keep him an upper tier receiver. Instead he's got more money and no quarterback to get the ball to him and he's no longer than upper tier receiver.

Yep... my wife beats this phrase to death but it fits here..."It is what it is".

Jennings went for the money and I don't hate him for that. I question if in the long run he'll actually come out ahead, but that's debatable. ...however... the fact is, he could have left Green Bay and kept it classy... but he didn't. I think you're probably correct that he felt jilted but lots of guys leave teams and don't burn bridges.

He can kiss my ***. I absolutely love it that his team is pathetic and he's got about as much to look forward to as a death row inmate. The fact is, it's pretty damned stupid for him to burn that bridge. Who knows what will happen down the road. At some point the Packers may be looking for a vet receiver and what better than a guy that's played with Aaron?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe he truly doesnt care about winning..

Maybe it is all about the money for him

Sky King

Reaction score
He erred. He overestimated his value to any team which then caused him to reject the Packers very solid offer. He eventually had to settle for something less after the Packers decided to move-on and the market was disappointingly softer than Jennings had anticipated. He lost face. Misdirected anger, that's all. I hold no grudge.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He erred. He overestimated his value to any team which then caused him to reject the Packers very solid offer. He eventually had to settle for something less after the Packers decided to move-on and the market was disappointingly softer than Jennings had anticipated. He lost face. Misdirected anger, that's all. I hold no grudge.

What exactly does that mean? "You hold no grudge"? Just asking, not looking for an argument.

It's kind of like the BrenT FvefR thing. Does it eat me up what he did? No. Do I lose sleep? No. Am I "over it"? YEP!

Do I need to in any way shape or form ignore what he did and somehow wipe the slate clean on his behalf as a fan? NOPE! Really all we have as fans is to call these morons out as a fan base and let them know how we feel about what they pulled.

So, that's great...don't hold "a grudge"... but to just ignore what these guys pull, make excuses for them and then act as though it's us fans that have an issue for calling them out, is messed up.

It's like the COEXIST bumper stickers. Ya, we should all COEXIST. Hopefully these guys that are getting their heads cut off didn't eat pork before their peaceful religious ceremony.

I hold no "grudge". I simply remember facts. I'm not interested in feel good pabulum puking social commentary regurgitated for the sake of making me feel better about myself. It serves no purpose.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The market certainly didn't value Jennings the same way that he and his agent and sister did. They may have also viewed him as a system WR - great in the Packers system but not enough of a stud to make a lesser QB look good. I would have been happy if he stayed in Green Bay, but like Packerlifer said I think that Jennings' rants were really just outward signs of his unhappiness of not getting what he thought he was due in GB. Like a child, he couldn't appropriately handle his emotions and garbage spewed out of his mouth each time he was asked about the Packers.

Unlike Favre, I don't think that Jennings had any intentional malice towards 12 or the Packers. He just could use his words.

Sky King

Reaction score
What exactly does that mean? "You hold no grudge"? Just asking, not looking for an argument.

It's kind of like the BrenT FvefR thing. Does it eat me up what he did? No. Do I lose sleep? No. Am I "over it"? YEP!

Do I need to in any way shape or form ignore what he did and somehow wipe the slate clean on his behalf as a fan? NOPE! Really all we have as fans is to call these morons out as a fan base and let them know how we feel about what they pulled.

So, that's great...don't hold "a grudge"... but to just ignore what these guys pull, make excuses for them and then act as though it's us fans that have an issue for calling them out, is messed up.

It's like the COEXIST bumper stickers. Ya, we should all COEXIST. Hopefully these guys that are getting their heads cut off didn't eat pork before their peaceful religious ceremony.

I hold no "grudge". I simply remember facts. I'm not interested in feel good pabulum puking social commentary regurgitated for the sake of making me feel better about myself. It serves no purpose.
No rebuttal comments are necessary, not that I feel any need to engage. Your words are more than enough to reveal what's in your heart. I have no questions. Though I rarely post it's OK if you put me on ignore. It won't bother me in the least and it may save you from becoming so upset in the future. That was never my intent.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No rebuttal comments are necessary, not that I feel any need to engage. Your words are more than enough to reveal what's in your heart. I have no questions. Though I rarely post it's OK if you put me on ignore. It won't bother me in the least and it may save you from becoming so upset in the future. That was never my intent.

OK...all good... I hold no grudge with you either.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The market certainly didn't value Jennings the same way that he and his agent and sister did. They may have also viewed him as a system WR - great in the Packers system but not enough of a stud to make a lesser QB look good. I would have been happy if he stayed in Green Bay, but like Packerlifer said I think that Jennings' rants were really just outward signs of his unhappiness of not getting what he thought he was due in GB. Like a child, he couldn't appropriately handle his emotions and garbage spewed out of his mouth each time he was asked about the Packers.

Unlike Favre, I don't think that Jennings had any intentional malice towards 12 or the Packers. He just could use his words.

agreed 100% as far as two different scenarios... but his "malice" was not just some BS parting shots. it continues to this day. he just keeps saying crap. I think Packer fans have every right to dislike the guy. He's done nothing since leaving but acted like an idiot about Green Bay.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that people can dislike the guy and that he's acted like an idiot. My comments were speaking to his intent, and it's just one guy's opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts