It's Draft Day Cheeseheads - State your picks in this thread

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Questions arise from the multitude ----- from the CHEESE UNDERGROUND!

"Who will be available from TT's Wish List when GB's turn comes up?"

Will it be Matt Roth (IA) - ?
If he is, I hope the Packers take him!

What about Brodney Poole? Or Kevin Burnett? Ernest Shazor?
Wouldn't you luv to be a fly hanging on the ceiling just above the GN's desk, right about now.....!

What about it - You guys are the Experts... speak up!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roth seems to be the name that keeps coming up...he'd be a great pick, i got a short glimpse of him at the combine, as well as a nice looking highlight reel. i think he can come in and start...not neccesarily make a huge impact, but start and be effective.

i want Davis. i think he would make more of an immediate impact, but i think the Saints are sweet on him..if not, i think somebody will call his name before we get to the podium. thats my take. im gonna love our pick tomorrow...how do i know?

cuz im gonna be pretty sloppy by the time #24 comes around...sue me!

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we should take Rodgers I think we need defense too much I really wish they would trade up and take Johnson we would only have to move up 9 picks.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should take Rodgers. Its suprising to me that he is still available and we should take him and prepare him to take over for Favre!

Its my bet that the Vikings will take him just to prevent the Packers from having him and use him to replace Ferotte as Culpeppers backup. This whole off seasons seems to be what the Vikings are doing. They are tired of always being one upped by the pack :)

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I was wrong about the Vikings :)

I am glad about that, and I still hope the Packers get Rodgers. Dallas and the Ravens may take him, it not I think TT will.

Lets find out..........

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you gotta take rodgers at 24. he was widely thought to be the #1 pick and no one thought he would be available this late, but i never get the pack picks right so what do i know.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
Oakland moved up gotta be taking Rodgers

Thats exactly what I thought was gonna happen. They took Fabian Washington instead.

GB up, lets see what happens.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright!!!!!

Doesnt help this year but it helps big time for the future!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
WOW I can't believe they got Rodgers but Kiper nailed it on the head there was nobody on D that could step in and help right away.

exactly. RODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So whats your thoughts guys we have to go defense the rest of the draft it would be nice to get a Crowder or the guy from Georgia in the second round.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I can't believe Aaron dropped so far down. I was hoping for T Davis then mcpherson in the second because I didnt think Aaron would drop this far. This I think is very good for the packers and I hope he has a chip on his shoulder like moss did.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows, this was a very good deal. Even if they end up trading him to someone else this year for D it will still be a good deal.

Maybe they can trade up and still get someone like Matt Roth.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should never have drafted him....thats my thought. We needed DEFENSE.....now dont get me wrong we can still get defense in later rounds but we could have had Brodney Pool or Dan Cody. I just dont get it you guys....Favre may not retire this year and play 3 or 4 more years.....he's just gonna be a bench warmer......what i dont get even more is that why re sign Nall and O'Sullivan when they were gonna draft Rodgers????

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched quite a few College games (Rodgers) and he was pretty neat to watch out there..... But, I gotta tell ya - I wish they'd still taken MATT ROTH in the first round... Defense is still the KEY to winning SuperBowls. Aaron is interviewing about learning from Brett and Brett is his HERO - that's great to hear - I just hope Aaron can figure out how to not be a dead duck in the pocket... And, I hope he doesn't turn into a Manning with the "happy feet".... We'll see! With Brett training his butt - it could be a good thing....!

Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, should be DEFENSE for the rest of the Show - at least IMHO!
We've done what it takes to find Brett's "HEIR APPARENT" - and I hope it works out that way....

Remember guys -

You simply do not win SuperBowls without an GREAT Defense!"

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
We should never have drafted him....thats my thought. We needed DEFENSE.....now dont get me wrong we can still get defense in later rounds but we could have had Brodney Pool or Dan Cody. I just dont get it you guys....Favre may not retire this year and play 3 or 4 more years.....he's just gonna be a bench warmer......what i dont get even more is that why re sign Nall and O'Sullivan when they were gonna draft Rodgers????

When they signed Nall they did not know Rodgers would drop this far down. No one knew. Brett will play one maybe two more years where he is still regarded as a very good QB, he unfortunetly will not last forever. You can't mortage the future for this year. Not when this type of player falls into your lap.

I hope they grab some defense from here out. I say all defense with maybe one OL.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I watched quite a few College games (Rodgers) and he was pretty neat to watch out there..... But, I gotta tell ya - I wish they'd still taken MATT ROTH in the first round... Defense is still the KEY to winning SuperBowls. Aaron is interviewing about learning from Brett and Brett is his HERO - that's great to hear - I just hope Aaron can figure out how to not be a dead duck in the pocket... And, I hope he doesn't turn into a Manning with the "happy feet".... We'll see! With Brett training his butt - it could be a good thing....!

Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, should be DEFENSE for the rest of the Show - at least IMHO!
We've done what it takes to find Brett's "HEIR APPARENT" - and I hope it works out that way....

Remember guys -

You simply do not win SuperBowls without an GREAT Defense!"

Completely agree. Defense the rest of the way. I knew TT was thinking that the entire day, but seriously, a guy of this talent (REMEMBER, he was supposed to be #1) falls to us. We had to take him. Defense, Defense, Defense, NOW.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
So whats your thoughts guys we have to go defense the rest of the draft it would be nice to get a Crowder or the guy from Georgia in the second round.

who's the georgia guy? be nice to get cody, pool, roth, crowder or one of the other nice d guys left in the 2nd.

Members online

Latest posts