1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Been Almost A Year Now...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Unomee, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Unomee

Unomee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    It will have been one year next Monday since my dad passed away. Today is his birthday. My mom, myself and sister were out at the cemetary this morning. My sister had three helium filled balloons with a birthday greeting and gave one to my mom and me. It was decided to hold them over the grave and let them go as it is symbolic; they headed up in his direction.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Some hugs for you. Take good care of yourself! That's never easy to deal with. Just keep him alive in your heart and he will always be with you.

3. Unomee

Unomee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    Was the same day as last years Packer vs. Lions game at Lambeau; since it was broadcast locally it was only reason I watched it.

4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Your mom is lucky that you're there for her. Dad would be really proud of you for that.

5. beautifuleyes

beautifuleyes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I know your pain. I lost my Dad last summer, and I was only 18. It is the worst. But let me tell you, "the way I see it, you can either learn from it, or run from it." I'm referring to the past. Keep your head up high, there will be better days. Trust me!

6. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I am sorry to hear that, and hope you feel better. Growing up in Wisconsin, my dad and I got close by watching sports in general, especially the Packers. We call each other during the half. It's going to hurt a lot not having my Dad around when the time comes, and with me being in the military I don't see my Dad as much maybe a month out of the whole year.

7. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    I am sorry to hear of your loss at such a young age. I was 52 when I lost my dad a couple years ago, and I still think of him every single day. It is never easy to lose someone so important in your life, no matter how old you are!