It's all sitting right there on a silver platter

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, an apology. I somehow missed that the frustration you mentioned concerned team management, as I thought you were talking about the fans. I've been somewhat forgiving of management since free agency and the cap took hold. And, being old certainly doesn't equate to smarts, but it does equate to a time when pro football was not, by definition, frustrating for fans. So, I agree with your first two paragraphs.

As far as the third paragraph, I'm not sure what I said to generate that, but my bottom line on any discussion of management is that just being a GM or coach doesn't make them, necessarily, any better that any of us. Like many jobs that depend on choices and not physical skills, it's not unreasonable to think that someone who has taken a different path couldn't be successful there.

Okay, that makes more sense then. Easy to get communication wires crossed on forums. No apology needed. The third paragraph was an allusion to where you said one shouldn't talk about things with which they are not familiar. Anyway... No what I was talking about was the game being frustrating from a management pov, not as a fan.

Members online

Latest posts