It's all sitting right there on a silver platter

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As bad as the first three outcomes without Aaron Rodgers was (and my God it was bad), and as much as it seemed like all hope was lost, this season is right there for the taking.

Think about the next four games the Packers play. You've got a Baltimore team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all year. Flacco is playing like trash and the defense isn't elite. Then you've got Tampa Bay whose only wins this season are against Chicago and the two New York teams (no winning records there). And this game works in our favor due to a warm weather team coming to Lambeau in what could be inclement weather. Either way, it should be cold. Admittedly, Pittsburgh is going to be tough having to go to Heinz Field. That would have been a very compelling matchup with Rodgers going against Big Ben in primetime. But then you have the laughably awful Cleveland Browns after that.

So you're looking at three of the four games being extremely winnable. Of the three that everyone knows I'm alluding to, neither team has an elite quarterback. Neither team has an elite defense that should scare the pants off of Hundley. Neither team out of the three has even beaten a team with a winning record!

You've got Minnesota with quarterback controversy. You have to believe that they are going to find a way to screw that situation completely up. I don't see them running away with the division. And the wild card is always a hope as well, even though right now it looks like it will take 10 or 11 wins to get a wild card spot if things continue like they are.

And with Aaron Rodgers already taking some snaps, although very few, it's completely possible that he could take the field week 15 against Carolina. And if that happens, and the Packers "run the table" again, we've got a shot.

But it all starts with this current Packers team winning at least 2 more football games against mediocre to average competition. Granted, that's also what the Packers are right now :roflmao: But it's all right there in front of the Packers. There should be absolutely no excuse for this team not forcing Aaron Rodgers back on to the field to make a run.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as the first three outcomes without Aaron Rodgers was (and my God it was bad), and as much as it seemed like all hope was lost, this season is right there for the taking.

Think about the next four games the Packers play. You've got a Baltimore team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all year. Flacco is playing like trash and the defense isn't elite. Then you've got Tampa Bay whose only wins this season are against Chicago and the two New York teams (no winning records there). And this game works in our favor due to a warm weather team coming to Lambeau in what could be inclement weather. Either way, it should be cold. Admittedly, Pittsburgh is going to be tough having to go to Heinz Field. That would have been a very compelling matchup with Rodgers going against Big Ben in primetime. But then you have the laughably awful Cleveland Browns after that.

So you're looking at three of the four games being extremely winnable. Of the three that everyone knows I'm alluding to, neither team has an elite quarterback. Neither team has an elite defense that should scare the pants off of Hundley. Neither team out of the three has even beaten a team with a winning record!

You've got Minnesota with quarterback controversy. You have to believe that they are going to find a way to screw that situation completely up. I don't see them running away with the division. And the wild card is always a hope as well, even though right now it looks like it will take 10 or 11 wins to get a wild card spot if things continue like they are.

And with Aaron Rodgers already taking some snaps, although very few, it's completely possible that he could take the field week 15 against Carolina. And if that happens, and the Packers "run the table" again, we've got a shot.

But it all starts with this current Packers team winning at least 2 more football games against mediocre to average competition. Granted, that's also what the Packers are right now :roflmao: But it's all right there in front of the Packers. There should be absolutely no excuse for this team not forcing Aaron Rodgers back on to the field to make a run.

Sounds like a good thread title. Playoffs, defense, et. al.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need Minnesota to start taking some losses. Its a pretty loaded NFC this year and I don't think there's going to be a WC to win.

A Minnesota loss in Detroit on Thanksgiving would be very helpful -- IF the Packers can stay in the race.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still, we can't lose more than 1 other game all season. 9-7 won't be good enough. 10-6 Is still going to be on the bubble.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Still, we can't lose more than 1 other game all season. 9-7 won't be good enough. 10-6 Is still going to be on the bubble.
Winning 2 of the next 4, and then letting Rodgers finish it off with the last 3 would get the team to 10-6 and at least have a shot. That's the best realistic record the Packers can hope for right now.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning 2 of the next 4, and then letting Rodgers finish it off with the last 3 would get the team to 10-6 and at least have a shot. That's the best realistic record the Packers can hope for right now.

How about 3 out of the next 4? Baltimore and Tampa at home, Cleveland and Pittsburgh on the road, as you said.

Pittsburgh is probably a loss but other than that it's not exactly murderers' row and 3 of 4 probably comes down to whether they can beat Baltimore on Sunday.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How about 3 out of the next 4? Baltimore and Tampa at home, Cleveland and Pittsburgh on the road, as you said.

Pittsburgh is probably a loss but other than that it's not exactly murderers' row and 3 of 4 probably comes down to whether they can beat Baltimore on Sunday.
I would turn cartwheels if it were 3 of 4, but 2 of 4 is something that I think is more realistic for this collection of players to achieve.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would be cool but...it would set up a first-round out in the playoffs, another dicey low pick in the draft, and worst of all an excuse for Capers and TT to hang around because it would be seen as a success. #rockandhardplace.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
would be cool but...it would set up a first-round out in the playoffs, another dicey low pick in the draft, and worst of all an excuse for Capers and TT to hang around because it would be seen as a success. #rockandhardplace.

You stole my thunder! LOL

I love seeing the Packers win games, love it. But if doing so this year creates what you just said.....one and done...status quo.....carry on troops we will get them next year.....then I want no part of it. Change is needed. If Mark Murphy doesn't see that now, then he is as blind as MM for keeping Capers around this long. No doubt, a great QB like Rodgers elevates a team to SB aspirations, but the loss of one guy of 53 shouldn't be so critical, that now you are struggling to scratch out a win or two.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, great post.
And Hundley seems to get better and better with each game.
The season ain't over yet.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference one win makes. A week ago there were posters certain the Packers would not sniff a win the rest of the season, let alone get to the playoffs.

The biggest thing about MM finally putting some trust into Hundley, is that once the team saw that, they started trusting the team and began playing with more enthusiasm as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being sarcastic, really feel this way or showing how certain fans of the forum think?

You stole my thunder! LOL

I love seeing the Packers win games, love it. But if doing so this year creates what you just said.....one and done...status quo.....carry on troops we will get them next year.....then I want no part of it. Change is needed. If Mark Murphy doesn't see that now, then he is as blind as MM for keeping Capers around this long. No doubt, a great QB like Rodgers elevates a team to SB aspirations, but the loss of one guy of 53 shouldn't be so critical, that now you are struggling to scratch out a win or two.
As fans we know nothing at all about football compared to those who work in any capacity for a pro team, and that includes the water boy.
Being totally 100% clueless of the inner workings of the Packers office, I'll take wins over worrying about staff changes of which I know nothing about.
I'd rather enjoy the game than to stress out over something I have absolutely no control of.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference one win makes. A week ago there were posters certain the Packers would not sniff a win the rest of the season, let alone get to the playoffs.
Packers fans are very passionate about their team and for a number of them the sky is falling when they lose a few games here and there.

H

HardRightEdge

The biggest thing about MM finally putting some trust into Hundley, is that once the team saw that, they started trusting the team and began playing with more enthusiasm as well.
He did not ask Hundley to do anything against the Bears that he didn't ask him to do against Detroit. It's still a ball control passing game. The execution just happened to be better. According to PFF, only 5 of his 25 drop backs were thrown over 10 yards against the Bears. He just happened to connect on a couple of key throws and and got a PI against Nelson early that he did not get against Detroit.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-10

I don't see this as a 10-6 playoff team. The earlier part of the season was a muddle without anybody other than Philly separating themselves. Now, 6-3 is the mark with those teams gathering momentum.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this sounds great, but i have a serious question, what do you guys expect to change? Do you all of a sudden think the defense is going to start playing lights out for Hundley? After stinking with Rodgers at QB? Or Capers is just going to turn into some defensive guru? I’d love for them to prove me wrong... but the same issues that have plagued Green Bay over the years are still in Green Bay. Minus the Super Star QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Being totally 100% clueless of the inner workings of the Packers office, I'll take wins over worrying about staff changes of which I know nothing about.
I'd rather enjoy the game than to stress out over something I have absolutely no control of.

Isn't this kind of short term thinking though?

Let me ask you this. If the Packers end up 8-8 and somehow sneak into the playoffs and bow out before the SB and this creates the feeling of "we were close and only lost because we didn't have home field, next year is going to be great!".....status quo, no changes. Are you fine with that?

We may not know jack about the inner workings of the Packers, but we do know the history of "status quo" and the Green Bay Packers over the last 5 years.

You may be of the mindset that change isn't needed, then this really isn't a worthwhile discussion and I respect that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers fans are very passionate about their team and for a number of them the sky is falling when they lose a few games here and there.

For me this has nothing to do with losing a few games or the sky is falling, its the sheet being pulled back from the illusion that #12 created when he was playing.....that illusion was this is a solid team. I hope they prove me wrong, but the defense hasn't improved and the offense is pretty bad without #12.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this kind of short term thinking though?

Let me ask you this. If the Packers end up 8-8 and somehow sneak into the playoffs and bow out before the SB and this creates the feeling of "we were close and only lost because we didn't have home field, next year is going to be great!".....status quo, no changes. Are you fine with that?

We may not know jack about the inner workings of the Packers, but we do know the history of "status quo" and the Green Bay Packers over the last 5 years.

You may be of the mindset that change isn't needed, then this really isn't a worthwhile discussion and I respect that.
I'm learning to let go of worrying about how to run things since I don't know how and can't do anything about it.
I honestly don't know if a change is needed. Those who work in the Packers organization don't seem to think so. The fans do. Who is right and who is wrong?
Who knows? Who cares?
Sit back and enjoy the games.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm learning to let go of worrying about how to run things since I don't know how and can't do anything about it.
I honestly don't know if a change is needed. Those who work in the Packers organization don't seem to think so. The fans do. Who is right and who is wrong?
Who knows? Who cares?
Sit back and enjoy the games.

I don't confess to know anything about how McDonalds is run, but if I get a bad burger, I am going to complain to management about it. If they choose not to fire the guy picking his nose and smoking a cigarette, while slapping the patties, then I did what I needed to do. But I won't be walking into McDonalds next time, confident that I am going to get the best burger they can make.

We can all be fans doing what's comfortable to our specific needs. There is no right or wrong way. Some just like watching the game and hopefully seeing a win, I used to be that way. But ever since I started coming to this forum, reading a lot online, basically, investing my time, I feel like I owe myself more then just say to say "Yeah.....bad game, maybe next week." Nothing I say or do, will change what the Packers do, but at least it makes me feel closer to a game and a team I really love.

And come on, isn't "pretending that we all have the right answers" most of the fun of being here? I don't play fantasy football....I use this forum for that.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being sarcastic, really feel this way or showing how certain fans of the forum think?
this is how i really feel. i was at the bar with my Packer buddy, and other fans, cheering on the Packers last weekend. i was glad they beat the bears and i think winning some games and making the playoffs would make a cool story. these are short-term things though. they make us feel warm and fuzzy, but in the last few years of the Rodgers era a playoff trip this year would be detrimental for the reasons i mentioned. being a fan is hard. lol

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do you doubt we can win three of the next four games? Of the Ravens, Browns, and Buccaneers, who do you think will beat us?

If Aaron Rodgers is ready for the Panthers game, which would shock everyone, he will be rusty throwing the ball. This is not like 2013 when he broke his left collarbone. In case you have not noticed, Carolina is a very good team on both sides of the ball. Also, one reason the team doubted Rodgers will be able to return this season is he broke the right one this time, a hint that there is more to making a full recovery than the bone itself healing. Being cleared to throw does not mean he his arm is in football shape. It's possible we can win the last two games with Rodgers, but realistically expecting a win against the Panthers would make no sense.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Why do you doubt we can win three of the next four games? Of the Ravens, Browns, and Buccaneers, who do you think will beat us?

If Aaron Rodgers is ready for the Panthers game, which would shock everyone, he will be rusty throwing the ball. This is not like 2013 when he broke his left collarbone. In case you have not noticed, Carolina is a very good team on both sides of the ball. Also, one reason the team doubted Rodgers will be able to return this season is he broke the right one this time, a hint that there is more to making a full recovery than the bone itself healing. Being cleared to throw does not mean he his arm is in football shape. It's possible we can win the last two games with Rodgers, but realistically expecting a win against the Panthers would make no sense.
Hate to break it to you, but the Packers right now are right in the ball park of the Ravens, Browns, and Bucs. There are no guarantees or "gimmies" in that group.

I'll tell you this. I would give the Packers a much better shot at beating the Panthers in week 15 with Rodgers then winning 3 of the next 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts