It's all about focus

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I watched the first series of offensive plays and then the fumble on the secon series and the way this weak Lions team moved the ball the second time they got the ball, I was thinking, what's wrong here? And then it came to me............the Packers didn't come out ready to play. How easy it is to use those words, but what they really mean is that teams that don't focus and concentrate look like they're not ready to play. Is that the players responsibility to get up and ready or is that the job of the coaches to make sure that the guys they are responsible for are ready to play?

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but those drops are a focus issue. I still like what I heard Mike Holmgren say at one of his first practice as a Packer coach, when he said, "If you cannot catch the ball you cannot play on this team." For David Martin, that's just an awful attempt and an obvious lack of paying attention.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is Brett throwing into heavy coverage today? It almost looks as if he's not going through his reads.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even on that red flag catch by Donald Driver. Geez, don't hotdog, get back where you belong and get that play off before they get a chance to review it. Instead Donald is out there showboating and that just gives the other teams coaches in the box time to review the play. I just hate when stuff like that happens. In the first place it was another bad pass by Brett to an open receiver, but mostly it's another sign of the lack of focus on playing the game and more on being a hot shot.

Members online

Latest posts