It's a BIG mistake to look past the Bears

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning. Greeny said it. It seems like every caller that called in to discuss the Packers was asking questions regarding us playing in the Super Bowl. So Greeny stopped the show to point out that if Packer fans are looking past Chicago to the Super Bowl they are making a VERY BIG mistake. I've also noticed it here and on other forums as well.

Just so people realize... We ARE NOT in the Super Bowl yet. We have a VERY good Bears team, in THEIR house to get past first. A team that has given us BIG problems in the very recent past. This is absolutely NOT a gimme game. We make mistakes no matter how small, and we lose. Simple as that.

I am tired of reading about how cocky and arrogant Packer fans are being right now in regards to this Sunday. We have not won this game yet. The Bears are no joke. Keep this in mind.

That is all.

Gumba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I def wouldn't look past that defense. and cutler as of late has shown signs that he might be a real nfl quarterback. the bears didn't get to the nfc championship on just luck you have to give credit where credit is due. but we're still going to torch them by 21

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I can guarantee that very few of us are overlooking the Bears. Sometimes when people speculate about the Super Bowl, it's with the unspoken qualifier that it depends on us making it out of Chicago alive.

I think Green Bay is the better team and I'm comfortable with our chances against anybody, but anything can happen. Packer fans know this - especially the ancient ones, like me. :good:

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that also today. I think its funny that he said that, cause even though I am not overlooking them, I'm more concerned if the actual team is, not the fans haha.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning. Greeny said it. It seems like every caller that called in to discuss the Packers was asking questions regarding us playing in the Super Bowl. So Greeny stopped the show to point out that if Packer fans are looking past Chicago to the Super Bowl they are making a VERY BIG mistake. I've also noticed it here and on other forums as well.

Just so people realize... We ARE NOT in the Super Bowl yet. We have a VERY good Bears team, in THEIR house to get past first. A team that has given us BIG problems in the very recent past. This is absolutely NOT a gimme game. We make mistakes no matter how small, and we lose. Simple as that.

I am tired of reading about how cocky and arrogant Packer fans are being right now in regards to this Sunday. We have not won this game yet. The Bears are no joke. Keep this in mind.

That is all.

I absolutely agree.

But, quite frankly, I have given up trying to get people on this forum to understand that we aren't in the Super Bowl yet.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not so much Packers fans overlooking the Bears as much as it is everyone else. I personally wish we were the underdogs, but I hope we stay focused and play the way we're capable of.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Right, the fans really can overlook anybody they want. Just makes the fans look like idiots if things don't work out. Obvious, yes. But amazingly some fans still haven't learned their lesson. I learned that well in 07....Ugh..

No way the Bears or Packers teams are overlooking each other in the biggest game either has played all year. That is ridiculous to think either side is sitting back drinking lattes assuming they can simply throw their jerseys on the field and go home with the Halas Trophy.

If the Packers lose on Sunday, it's not cause they overlooked the Bears. Or vice versa.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I saw that also today. I think its funny that he said that, cause even though I am not overlooking them, I'm more concerned if the actual team is, not the fans haha.

I just don't see any way our players could possibly be overlooking the Bears. This is such a huge game to them, especially since they are division rivals. It's way easier for fans and injured players (ahem...Grant) to overlook it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been driving me nuts since we won on saturday. Its mostly a bunch of young fans talking like this IMO. The vets on the forum seem to realize that the bears are a very tough challenge. If we lose this game its going to be worse than losing the SB.

Blame it on the bandwagon fans.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is all
Right on the **** money 98Camaro.

Sadly, I think the damn Bears defense and illegal techniques and horrible field are like Kryptonite to Rodgers and our offense.

If we are going to win this game, it's going to have to be from our defense, in my opinion.

By the way, in our lifetimes, we've not played the Bears in the playoffs... and we only played the Vikings one time, of course LOSING to the mooning Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper, even though we were the favorites in the game and had recently beaten them at our place. Very similar to this occasion.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not overlooking the Bears by any means, doing so would be foolish. You can't over look anybody with the way this season is playing out. I don't think for one second the Packers themselves are overlooking the Bears. The Bears are a good team, they wouldn't of come this far if not. But, I am extremely confident in this Packers teams ability to beat the Bears. Do I think it's going to be easy, no. I think there will be moments of heart failure but in the end, I see beyond the Bears lies the Superbowl for the Packers. I am actually more confident going into this game than Philly and Atlanta combined. I'm not being cocky, I'm just stating a gut feeling. I trust in this team and I believe with every ounce of my being that they will prevail.

Now it's time for question impossible:

Do you think,

a) The Packers Defense is better than the Bears
b) The Packers Offense is better than the Bears
c) Kitten just likes to ask rhetorical questions

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
There have been some fans talking about SB on and off this forum which does bug me a little, but overall I dont hear as much talk about going to the SB as I do fans being concerned about a dangerous, ill be it, lucky bears team. I just think alot of us packer fans are confidant in this team, and know what we have to do to win this game.
I also dont get why people are saying they'd rather be the underdog. This team has been favored in both the eagles and the falcons game (not according to vegas, overall picks by the media) at least thats the way it has seemed, and they were able to handle being favored or only slight underdogs. I dont mind being favored at all, because I know MM wont let it effect the team.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Responses to Kitten:

A) tough call. In Chicago, on their turf, I give advantage Chicago. Our D has been phenomenal this year, but quite frankly, our defense is a speed D that gets to the passer and plays some serious man coverage. With such crappy field conditions, a slip up by one guy makes a world of difference to our D. The Bears play it safer and are used to the conditions.

B) advantage definitely us. We have a better QB, better WRs, and a better OL (yes, Chicagos OL is just that bad). Even without the RB advantage and the cold weather, we are better at scoring, plain and simple.

C) not a question, but a statement, so I'll use this to summarize and point out that these are difficult questions and just my opinion. This is going to be a low scoring, endurance game. Whichever team outlasts the other is going to win. Our offense is better, unfortunately their defense has the advantage here. Fortunately our defense is still good, and will put up a good fight against Cutler, even if Forte breaks a few. I'd hate to see it come down to special teams, because we all know who wins that battle, but it's very possible.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely agree.

But, quite frankly, I have given up trying to get people on this forum to understand that we aren't in the Super Bowl yet.

Some Packer fans are a little thick, but it doesn't really matter at all what they think.

The game will be played between GB and CHI not some overconfident fans!

I don't think the Pack is overconfident though.

Listen most people can see that the Packers have a more talented team than the Bears. The Bears don't have real depth behind their starters. Look at their OL and WR's barely NFL caliber. The Bear D though has some playmakers and if by some miracle the Bears win the game it will be because their Offense played their best game of the season and the D and the special teams were clicking on all cylinders as well. This isn't likely! The Packers have to much for the Bears.

I predict a blowout on the lakefront with the Pack winning by 10+ pts easily.

For all of the fans moaning about TT an MM you are frigging stupid! This organization is pegged to be competitive for awhile based on their solid drafting and scouting.

BTW the Bears really don't suck!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some Packer fans are a little thick, but it doesn't really matter at all what they think.

The game will be played between GB and CHI not some overconfident fans!

I don't think the Pack is overconfident though.

Listen most people can see that the Packers have a more talented team than the Bears. The Bears don't have real depth behind their starters. Look at their OL and WR's barely NFL caliber. The Bear D though has some playmakers and if by some miracle the Bears win the game it will be because their Offense played their best game of the season and the D and the special teams were clicking on all cylinders as well. This isn't likely! The Packers have to much for the Bears.

I predict a blowout on the lakefront with the Pack winning by 10+ pts easily.

For all of the fans moaning about TT an MM you are frigging stupid! This organization is pegged to be competitive for awhile based on their solid drafting and scouting.

BTW the Bears really don't suck!

*Hearts you! I don't care who you are a fan of, that's love right there!

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm sure you guys are getting pretty impatient. at least, i was this time last year when my team was gonna play the viqueens. i couldn't sleep the night before. i had a lot of anxiety...and i have a feeling this could be knock-down drag-out like last year's NFC championship. i'd love to see that.

the turf is going to be absolute *****, be sure of that. it's gonna slow both teams down. special teams will be huge, too.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as there is no precip the day of or day prior to the game the field doesn't bother as much as if it were wet. Oh...and with the bears fans are already claiming victory since they got their way with this absurd anthem nonsense and their absolute belief in this vanilla week 17 offense of theirs they are assuming victory already......I wouldn't worry about being the fan base overlooking the opponent.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
It's all the excitement on the part of the fans. I'm sure there isn't a single member of the team that is looking past the Bears. Sure, there are comments out there telling fans to book a trip to Dallas, but that's confidence. Would you rather hear players say things like "Wait until Monday before you make any plans, we aren't sure how this one is going to go?"

I know of some huge Super Bowl parties that are being canceled here in Baltimore because the Ravens are unthinkably out of it. It is the team's job to get up for the game at hand, I'm sure they all know what is at stake this Sunday.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% with the OP. I *HATE* mouthy fans who can't seem to understand that NO victory in the NFL is a given. I don't get why fans feel the need to be mouthy, talk sh*t, and make these big bold claims either.

Take it one game at a time. There's no point in looking past this weekend, since we haven't won yet.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a lot of similarities with the 2007 season..... we killed Seattle and then when the Giants beat the Cowboys, we all thought we'd beat the Giants and make the Super Bowl. We were red hot, just blew out the Hawks and were better than the Giants so another blowout was expected.

NOBODY outside of NYG thought that we would lose. And we did.

Same thing now... we just blew out Atlanta, and everyone agrees we are better. But I see no way in the world our offense lights up the Bears. Their D is good, they get away with crap, and the field favors them.

Now we just killed Atlanta

Staff online

Members online