1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It's 2010 all over again

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packers80, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    Guys.. this looks real familiar. We lost tough games back in 2010 that people thought we had no business losing. Injuries piled up.. with the result being 15 players on the IR. Our back-ups stepped up huge. We were a banged up team, barley making it into the playoffs as the 6th seed and catching fire. Our run game was depleted and A-Rod was coming into his own.. I hope no one has lost hope. Because this fight is far from over.

We're 4-3.. let's keep pushing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm really trying to only look at it one game at a time so that my hopes aren't dashed in the end, but I am (cautiously) optimistic because they have really turned it around these last couple weeks... and we all remember what happened the last time the Packers got on a roll after a not-so-impressive start.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    Exactly.

4. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +121
    It does feel similar, however we had a few tough losses mid-to-late season that year, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this year as the season goes on. I feel we should be 6-3 going into the bye, and after that we just need to win the divisional games. After last years one and done though I just want to take things one game at a time, and hope we get in the playoffs playing hot like right now.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Right.
    After the bye at (should be) 6-3, and then we come out of the bye with this stretch:

AT Calvin Johnson Detroit
    AT Victor Cruz NY Giants
    vs Percy Harvin Minnasoda
    vs Calvin Johnson again Detroit
    @ Julius Peppers Chicago
    vs Chris Johnson Tennessee
    @ Adrian Peterson Minnasoda

You can see that 6 of those 7 are NFC games, and 5 of them are divisional games.
    If we go 4-1 in the division, that's at least a 10-6 record and a 5-1 divisional record.
    But here's the weird thing: The Viqueens are 5-2 right now and the Bears are 5-1 with the Lions visiting tomorrow.
    10-6 might not be good enough. Of course we should beat Tennessee.

Personally, my ideal goal is to get the #2 seed. One bye. One home game, and then hopefully one win in the confines of Atlanta or San Francisco.

6. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I'm hoping this season is a combination of the two..but the same outcome as 2010 :)

7. Purplepeopleeater

Purplepeopleeater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    It's going to be all about the divisional games. If the Vikings can go 1-1 against both the Bears and the Packers, we are gold. If we go 0-2 against either, not good. The Packers are right there. Slow start but you still have the best QB in football.

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ that's impossible as of now, we already beat the bears once. I see us only losing one divisional game. I think we can beat the queens both home and away. The lions defense is ultra skeptic and we can beat them home and away...the only game I worry about is the bears game at soldier field. That turf sucks a$$ and can cause injury and the bears always play us tough at their house.

9. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    Woodson out for 6 weeks.. here we go...

10. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453

We have enough depth in the secondary to cover that loss.

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    If you think it's 2010 all over again then I think these vids are worth a re-watch.

12. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Anddd, we'll likely have to travel TO Atl and Chi in the playoffs. Worked well for us 2 years ago.

13. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    Not really, we haven't gotten enough opposing team's coaches fired yet ;)

14. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    I don't think any game is a sure win with what we have on the field now/Indy and the jags were byes for us but, we struggled with a loss and a not so impressive win, but a win...

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    True. http://packersinsider.com/?p=4697 <Today was ugly.

16. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    You mean the Cowturds playing as badly that year too?