It will be dissapointing if....

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only win one SB in the Aaron Rodgers era. As great as Rodgers is... as a Packer fan i'm sure that most of us would be heartbroken to see a of his caliber hoist the title one time in his career. It's hard to get to the SB. I watched some thing on NFL Network about Tom Brady and was saying to myself how in the heck is this guy winning superbowls? or going to Superbowls? with this average supporting cast at best? minus the Randy Moss era. Can you imagine being a fan of a team that has been to the SB like five times in what? 12 yr's? and won three of them? ugh i can't stand the Patriots or golden boy tom Brady but that's a heck of a run if you ask me. Man i hope TT surrounds Rodgers with weapons on defense and the oline. rodgers is good enought to make average players look good but he cant play defense or block for himself.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do we get better than the 49ers and Seahawks?
We thought the Falcons had moved to the top.... look what happened overnight? They lost one superstar in Julio Jones, and now they're drafting in the top 3 overall.
Same with Houston.

How do we get better than San Franc, who has kicked our butts the past 2 years now?

Number one, we need to get luckier with injuries, and let them have the bad luck for once.
People have no idea how much of a difference all that makes...... we learned fast losing #12.
When they lost their QB to injury, they had Kaepernick to step in. Lucky and good for them.
That's rare.

We need to get better and more physical and consistent on DEFENSE.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We thought the Falcons had moved to the top.... look what happened overnight? They lost one superstar in Julio Jones, and now they're drafting in the top 3 overall.
Same with Houston.

How do we get better than San Franc, who has kicked our butts the past 2 years now?

Number one, we need to get luckier with injuries, and let them have the bad luck for once.
People have no idea how much of a difference all that makes...... we learned fast losing #12.
When they lost their QB to injury, they had Kaepernick to step in. Lucky and good for them.
That's rare.

The Seachickens will come back down to Earth once they pay Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman. Between the two of them you're looking at 30 Million Dollars in cap money each year. You're looking at a team that caught lightening in a bottle with 2 mid round draft picks.

I'd also like to point out the losses that this team has suffered since 2010. We lost a hall of fame cornerback, roaming playmaker in Charles Woodson and before that we lost the second best free safety of the last decade, a guy who probably would have made the hall of fame with a couple more years under his belt in Nick Collins. His ability to play single high safety all game long, even against passing fronts was a tremendous boost for our Defense.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Can you imagine being a fan of a team that has been to the SB like five times in what? 12 yr's? and won three of them?
I, and some other posters here don't need to imagine: I remember being a fan of a team that won five titles in seven years.

Winning a Super Bowl is difficult. That was one of the reasons I started a thread awhile ago - I was trying to get that perspective across. Imagine being a fanatic of a team that has never won one. Or hasn't won one since the advent of the Super Bowl.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah! Watching the Brett Favre era was such a disappointment (heavy sarcasm). Ron Wolf couldn't do it for Brett Favre and there are few teams that have in the modern era. Eli Manning, Rothlesberger, Brady are the only ones to do it in this century and you could add Elway and Aikman to the list if you go back to the start of free agency. Rodgers is superb at his position, and I really hope that we win more, but not winning the SB is not a disappointment. Every season has been fantastic to watch since he's been around. The 2010 season was just even better.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same with Houston.

That's rare.

Yea i agree. the injury list in Green Bay seems to get longer every year. 10 bucks says Neal, Perry, or Jones gets hurt next game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only win one SB in the Aaron Rodgers era. As great as Rodgers is... as a Packer fan i'm sure that most of us would be heartbroken to see a of his caliber hoist the title one time in his career. It's hard to get to the SB. I watched some thing on NFL Network about Tom Brady and was saying to myself how in the heck is this guy winning superbowls? or going to Superbowls? with this average supporting cast at best? minus the Randy Moss era. Can you imagine being a fan of a team that has been to the SB like five times in what? 12 yr's? and won three of them? ugh i can't stand the Patriots or golden boy tom Brady but that's a heck of a run if you ask me. Man i hope TT surrounds Rodgers with weapons on defense and the oline. rodgers is good enought to make average players look good but he cant play defense or block for himself.
Yeah, I want Rodgers to win another one not just for being a fan of the greatest NFL team of all time but also so that he can show the world and the Brent Fail ball lickers that he is the GOAT of the Packers. I mean, he just HAS to beat Farve's record.
The Patsies? They cheated to win. They have lost both the other SBs since they were busted cheating. Once a cheater, always a cheater and cheaters can never be trusted again.
Belicheat is overrated and the praise heaped upon him is not well deserved.
And what really hurts about this season is that the injury may take away one less season or chance for Air-Run to get into the SB. I dunno how many years he's got left but this pretty much takes away one if we don't get in.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just remember that in 2010 we took the hard road and we are taking the hard road again this season. We know what it means to be champions, and we also have fought (arguably) harder than any other team in the NFL just be in a position to get into the playoffs. That will motivate the team greatly I think.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Yeah, I want Rodgers to win another one not just for being a fan of the greatest NFL team of all time but also so that he can show the world and the Brent Fail ball lickers that he is the GOAT of the Packers. I mean, he just HAS to beat Farve's record.
The Patsies? They cheated to win. They have lost both the other SBs since they were busted cheating. Once a cheater, always a cheater and cheaters can never be trusted again.
And what really hurts about this season is that the injury may take away one less season or chance for Air-Run to get into the SB. I dunno how many years he's got left but this pretty much takes away one if we don't get in.

The record for QB championships is held by Bart Starr. Not sure why having more than one former QB means more to you than another.

Is the hurt deep?
I have a throwback jersey of Bart's. Am I a ball licker?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, and some other posters here don't need to imagine: I remember being a fan of a team that won five titles in seven years.

Winning a Super Bowl is difficult. That was one of the reasons I started a thread awhile ago - I was trying to get that perspective across. Imagine being a fanatic of a team that has never won one. Or hasn't won one since the advent of the Super Bowl.
Or a fanatic fan of the Lions who have never been in one.:laugh:

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about your spoiled johnny-come-lately's. This is the most storied franchise in the HISTORY of the NFL. 13 championships, including 3 in a row and 5 in a 10 year span, nobody else comes close. The Brady Patriots have what? 3 in the history of the team? All in the last 13 years? Cute. This Green Bay Packers team is exciting to watch, is in contention every season, and is currently in position for a playoff run despite an incredibly average season. As bad as it's been, it's still pretty damn good being a Packer Backer. Quit yer *****in' and enjoy what you have.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because the patriots are the only team that has ever cheated in the NFL?!?! Get over it. I am sure the Packers cheated on their way to their 2010 super bowl win. Don't be so naive to think that no other team does. If you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

Belichick is far from overrated, he is probably one of the greatest coaches of all time. You wonder why the Patriots have a chance every year? Bill Belichick is the reason, Tom Brady helps a lot but you won't go far with a bad coach no matter how good a QB you have. If you honestly believe that Belichick is overrated, then you aren't very smart.

When the Packers are consistently one of the most injured teams, I am starting to think being unlucky ins't the reason, there is more to it than being unlucky. Don't want Rodgers to get creamed and injured, put together a competent Oline.

It would be a shame if Rodgers only wins one super bowl. Not because he would be tied with Favre , but because you want the TEAM you cheer for, to win. I can't believe people are still butt hurt over the Favre thing. Get over it. I don't get how something so insignificant in one's life could upset them for so long. I would hate to see how people would react when something that actually matters and directly affects one's life. Move on already.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since Aaron Rodgers was still in college. He gets a lot of press for his titles, and the Patriots are probably the best team of this century so far, but that just goes to show how hard it is to accomplish to show that the Patriots have won it in almost a decade.

Brees has one, Manning has one. These are older QB's who are as accomplished or more accomplished for their careers. Again, it just goes to show how hard it is to do and how much luck is involved. Marino never won one and he was one of the best of his era.

If Vinatieri isn't clutch and his kicks go wide or McNabb finishes his last drive in 2004 instead there might be conversation of why Brady has been to all these Super Bowls and only won one.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is still a reletively young player. My gut tells me there is at least one more championship coming during his tenure. Getting the running game going the way they have this year really looks promising for the future. Now if the Defense could only.... well you know. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've seen this thread on every Packers forum, every season since 1998. Only the names have changed!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BDon't want Rodgers to get creamed and injured, put together a competent Oline.
The interior of the OL is fine, from Sitton to Lang.
Thompson used back-to-back FIRST round picks (2010 & 2011) on OT's.
He drafted, tried to put together MORE than a competent Oline.
That should have been a GREAT Oline..... if not for B***S*** bad luck injuries. That no other teams suffers as many of.
Nick Collins and Morgan Burnett WOULD have been a great backfield too.
And Hawk + Bishop should be great right now too.
But no, this isn't San Francisco where they all stay healthy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interior of the OL is fine, from Sitton to Lang.
Thompson used back-to-back FIRST round picks (2010 & 2011) on OT's.
He drafted, tried to put together MORE than a competent Oline.
That should have been a GREAT Oline..... if not for B***S*** bad luck injuries. That no other teams suffers as many of.
Nick Collins and Morgan Burnett WOULD have been a great backfield too.
And Hawk + Bishop should be great right now too.
But no, this isn't San Francisco where they all stay healthy.

You should be mad at philly, no players on IR this season

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so you are obviously a Cheatriots fan.
Fine.
Let's look at your responses, shall we?

Because the patriots are the only team that has ever cheated in the NFL?!?! Get over it. I am sure the Packers cheated on their way to their 2010 super bowl win. Don't be so naive to think that no other team does. If you aren't cheating you aren't trying.
You don't have anything unless you can prove that the Packers cheated.
Your team cheated. They were caught. So expect to get flack about that time to time.
If you don't like reading it about it here, the exit sign is very bright. You should have no problem finding your way out of here.

Belichick is far from overrated, he is probably one of the greatest coaches of all time. You wonder why the Patriots have a chance every year? Bill Belichick is the reason, Tom Brady helps a lot but you won't go far with a bad coach no matter how good a QB you have. If you honestly believe that Belichick is overrated, then you aren't very smart.
Since you missed it the first time, let me make it even more clear this time.
The Patriots have not won one single SB since their coach, the infamous Bill Bellichik (Bellicheat) was caught cheating.
In other words: Bellicheat has yet to prove himself of winning his first SB fair and square. Therefore he is overrated. And to further show that he is overrated, 2008 18-1. Need I "say" more?

It would be a shame if Rodgers only wins one super bowl. Not because he would be tied with Favre , but because you want the TEAM you cheer for, to win. I can't believe people are still butt hurt over the Favre thing. Get over it. I don't get how something so insignificant in one's life could upset them for so long. I would hate to see how people would react when something that actually matters and directly affects one's life. Move on already.
I can't "speak for everybody but myself:
First of all, I can't stand liars and those who flip-flop and change their minds. One should have integrity and be reliable.
When Burnt Fart said that he was going to retire/quit then he should have stayed retired.
But instead he weasels out of it not once but twice just so that he can end up playing for a rival team to stick it to the Packers GM because he was butt-hurt that he lost the starting job and didn't take one ounce of responsibility for his actions. And hurt his fans in the process while not giving a damn about hurting them even though they stuck with him through the bad playoff losses.
Until you experience that with your team, I guess I just shouldn't expect you to understand.
How would you feel if Tom BradyBunch went and played for the Jets?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When the Packers are consistently one of the most injured teams, I am starting to think being unlucky ins't the reason, there is more to it than being unlucky. Don't want Rodgers to get creamed and injured, put together a competent Oline.

Obviously, you weren't watching when Rodgers got injured. He wasn't injured on a play in which the o-line did a bad job. Rodgers had plenty of time, but couldn't find an open guy. Can't assume just because he was hurt, it was their fault.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be mad at philly, no players on IR this season
For real?
That's just un*******believable!!!!
We average at least one per game.

2009 & 2010 first round picks, Matthews & Bulaga, OUT.
2008 stud pick Jermichael, OUT.
Plus Jolly....... and of course missing Godgers half the year. Cobb for 2/3rd of the year.....

Why are we always injured so much?????
Just bad luck?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I am sure the Packers cheated on their way to their 2010 super bowl win. Don't be so naive to think that no other team does.
You are sure the Packers cheated in 2010? How? What proof do you have? You wouldn’t post you are sure about such a claim without having even a shred of evidence to support it, would you?
If you aren't cheating you aren't trying.
Do you think every Super Bowl winning team cheated? Or do you believe every team in the league cheats?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts