1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

IT SUCKS

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Jul 6, 2006.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    it's a pretty common saying 4th...it is definitely clever as hell though.

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    hahahahaha...the ending was priceless.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Zero, I couldn't possibly aggree anymore with the last line you wrote. But in reality, me to go over there, is well just not feasable. I wouldn't want anything more than to see her right now, heck even attend the wedding, but I know I couldn't really sit there and watch. I mean it's kinda wierd to describe it, but being around her I couldn't really think striaght, I would get nervous, couldn't find words for my thoughts and that hasn't happened to me before.

4pack, the thing is that I met her again almost a year ago. That was before I was with my current gf. If I'd met her in the past while, I think what you said would make more sense. But perhaps the feeling that I have of wanting a chance is because of that, or it just came out again. I wanted a chance before, and I still do, but maybe it is because of my current situation.

and finally Heather, I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would possibly marry at the age of 18.

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well All About, just my viewpoint, but I think at 18 people want to get married cause they "think" they are in love, where it maybe just infatuation and fun. I'm not saying "All" young marriages dont work, but the majority of them dont which is sad, but that is because they are way to young.

Does your current gf know how you feel about this other girl? Are you happy in your relationship now?

And finally love takes time, it is also blind. At the age of 18 you still haven't experienced life.

I am so sorry that you are feeling hurt right now, but in time it will pass, it dont feel that way now, but it will trust me..

5. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What if I hadn't wasted my time reading this sappy love thread?

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    We would still live happy lives not caring ;)

7. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Heather, I wonder why parents would support/give their blessings to someone getting married at such a young age? That is confusing, because she had full support... :shock:

8. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When your 18 parents really dont have a say anymore, your technically an adult. IMO if I had a child that was still living under my roof they would have to abide by my rules until they move out on their own. If I had a child 18 that came to me and said he/she is going to marry, you try your hardest to explain how young they are and communicate the bad points on very young marriages, but if they decide to get married anyways parents have to give their blessings and let their kids make their own mistakes, that is how everyone learns. I was married at 18 and it lasted 19 years a very long time that I tried to make it last, but in the long run I was to young to know what love was, we had nothing in common, then I had a son who is 19 now, but if I hadnt married him I wouldnt have had my son, so you see everything happens in life for a reason.

You do try to steer your kids in the right directions, but sometimes parents can only do so much.

9. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you to all who replied in this thread, you read my situation and gave me insight when I needed it.

I think it it best to move on now, she is married and no point in crying over spilt milk anymore. Words cannot show how much it means to me to have you all care enough about my problem to try and help me.

Thank you one last time. :)

10. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing wrong with a few Ms. Right Nows, while looking for Ms. right. But be careful because when you think you've found Ms. Right, her first name maybe Always. At this point bail!!! Don't F%$# up this gals life by messing with her head. She has obviously moved on with her beau. If you feel that this was an opportunity squandered then chalk it up as education. That is...taking what you've learned today and putting it into use tomorrow. So with that said, grow a pair and don't hesitate to get busy with the next gal that tickles your fancy.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I came late to this thread but wanted to add my 2 cents, for whatever they're worth.

For one, 18 is waaaaaay too young to get married. I hate to say this, but I doubt their marriage will last five years. From experience, teen-age weddings never do.

I waited until I was 30 to get married. Dated lots of girls, some seriously. Some I considered marrying. Now married to the right one and it's wonderful, but I don't think a man should marry before 25. I can't speak for you, but I wasn't ready at even 25. Maybe you're more mature than I am, I'm just speaking for me. But look around - how many teen-age marriages that you've seen worked?

It probably all worked out for the best. Best of luck to you.

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Zombieslayer, I guess an update is due.

She and her hubbie are doing great, I couldn't be happier for her. Time to move on, what ever happened has happened, I'm done with beating myself over "what if", honestly I wish her the best and while almost all teen marriages end in divorce, this won't.

Ultimately going to university, specifically the #2 one rated by playboy........ it feels great to be a free man!!!!! I love the girls going there..... :D:D:D

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! Isn't it something how you think once all the "fog" lifts from the ol' brain!!! LOLOLOL!!!
    You are a FREE man!!! :lol:

14. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    For what it's worth, this is good advice...I don't know about the whole thing about age 25 and all, but it's good advice. I married my wife when I was 21 years old. We dated since we were sophomores in High School and it's been great...I think it depends on when you find that person who compliments you to the fullest. Some people find that person later on in life and some find them quite early. I think it all depends on the person myself. :twocents:

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All - Then it really did all work out for the best. I'm glad it did. Besides, college is definitely the place to meet the babes. Good luck, buddy.

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ND - Like I said, I can only speak for me. I was immature for my age and 25 was the magic number for me. Maybe 21 is for you. Good that you waited until 21. You had about five years experience with her, which is plenty of time to figure out if she was the one or not.