It Now Becomes Obvious

OP
OP
N

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's gonna be hard enough to get the win, so that's all I'm focusing on for now...once that's in the books then I'll start rubber necking at other games and scores.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
subin said:
This last one doesn't make sense:
Case 5
Packers beat the Bears, and
Giants beat the Redskins, and
Eagles beat the Falcons, and
Saints beat the Panthers, and
Rams beat the Vikings

Does that make sense to anyone?

yeah that one me had me scratching my head as well...

I kind of think it's cool that after a 1-4 start to the season we are now talking about possibly being in the playoffs.

i think the bears are going to pee all over our dreams, metaphorically speaking of course.

I don't disagree. I just think it's cool we have a shot considering many Packer fans didn't even see this team winning 3 games.

Right. Watching the team struggle so much early in the year I had to wonder if they were going to equal last season's record. They have proving that they are defiantly coming together as a team. And it gives us something to look forward to for next year.
But Try as I might I can't see them pulling off the upset in Chicago next Sunday. I hope I am wrong of course and will gladly eat my words if they do.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
division record has nothing to do with tiebreakers for the wildcard. and the giants and packers would be tied for their conference record. it then goes to common games and they are tied there at 1-4, so it goes to strength of victory....
if the giants win, pack are out.

my bad dude, i totally misread your initial post. i thought you were saying after a Giants loss they would still beat us in a tiebreaker.

OP
OP
N

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya I don't see it happening either, but crazier things have happened...

....Nathan Poole...?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
arrowgargantuan said:
subin said:
This last one doesn't make sense:
Case 5
Packers beat the Bears, and
Giants beat the Redskins, and
Eagles beat the Falcons, and
Saints beat the Panthers, and
Rams beat the Vikings

Does that make sense to anyone?

yeah that one me had me scratching my head as well...

I kind of think it's cool that after a 1-4 start to the season we are now talking about possibly being in the playoffs.

i think the bears are going to pee all over our dreams, metaphorically speaking of course.

I don't disagree. I just think it's cool we have a shot considering many Packer fans didn't even see this team winning 3 games.

Right. Watching the team struggle so much early in the year I had to wonder if they were going to equal last season's record. They have proving that they are defiantly coming together as a team. And it gives us something to look forward to for next year.
But Try as I might I can't see them pulling off the upset in Chicago next Sunday. I hope I am wrong of course and will gladly eat my words if they do.

Heck I'll buy ya the crow dinner myself and eat it with ya. I think all us packer fans would be happy to be wrong about the next game. I can't see us winning it, but definitely see it being more competitive than last time. If it's one thing this team has shown all year that no matter how bad it gets there is just no quit in these guys.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
division record has nothing to do with tiebreakers for the wildcard. and the giants and packers would be tied for their conference record. it then goes to common games and they are tied there at 1-4, so it goes to strength of victory....
if the giants win, pack are out.

Tie-Breaking Procedure for Wild-Card (Three or more teams):
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake,
Divisional records only apply if all the teams are from the same division.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't have this playoff fever with out team. I'm thrilled that they're in position, but as I look at this team I just don't sense a team that has much of a chance in the playoffs. I do think that a year from now, with a couple of free agent signings and an impact player in the draft and some solid draft choices who can be good backups, this team has a chance to be special next year. They real key is making sure that Brett Farve comes back.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow....thanks guys....Im totally confused, let's hope we can win in Chicago to start...then see what's happens!!!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a question, why would we lose to the giants in the tie breaker????

we have a better record in the div, and the confrence record is tied.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613

The Giants would go because both the Packers and Giants would have a 1-4 record against common opponents, and it would then go to strength of victory, which the Giants have a big lead in now. .437-.317. Beating Chicago would help the Packers alot here, but probaly wouldnt be enough.

The division record only matters when two teams are in the same division.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
umair said:
i have a question, why would we lose to the giants in the tie breaker????

we have a better record in the div, and the confrence record is tied.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613

The Giants would go because both the Packers and Giants would have a 1-4 record against common opponents, and it would then go to strength of victory, which the Giants have a big lead in now. .437-.317. Beating Chicago would help the Packers alot here, but probaly wouldnt be enough.

The division record only matters when two teams are in the same division.

Glad I'm not the only one who got that wrong at a time :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Well then why does it say "3 or more teams?"...

:shrug:

Same reason you(and myself :( ) didn't read "TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION".

Cuz the person who wrote it was a human and humans make mistakes. Or its the same template that was used when there were five teams in a division.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jakest3r said:

Cuz the person who wrote it was a human and humans make mistakes. Or its the same template that was used when there were five teams in a division.

Oh...Thanks for clearing that up... I never really thought it mattered division either, it's just when it said "3 or more teams" it got me confused, oh well I don't feel too bad since you thought the same! :twisted:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Jakest3r said:

Oh...Thanks for clearing that up... I never really thought it mattered division either, it's just when it said "3 or more teams" it got me confused, oh well I don't feel too bad since you thought the same! :twisted:

yea yea i screwed that one up too lol

Members online

Latest posts