It is as simple as this folks...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyle makes my brain hurt....friggin' broken record and circular logic.

AJ Hawk...all potential...no performance

Greg Jennings....all potential....no performance

Colledge......

Spitz......

Rayner......

What must one do to bring out the beast in cheesey?

Dear God....I almost long for 66. He was insane, which made his rants laughable instead of annoying and condescending.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind the Mr. Lombardi also left Green Bay and went to Washington to coach the Redskins. He didn't do it because he was sick. He knew that his legend could not have gotten bigger. That there was no where else to go since he was already on the mountain top. So he needed a new challenge.

TT is not content with being average. He is obsessed with getting better. And if we get better each year guess what? We will end up on top. TT's job is ALL about getting better. Not winning in one year, or two. Harlan, and now Jones, are more concerned with the direction we are headed in, not just this years results. The moment they feel we are headed in the wrong direction, then TT will be gone. Remember, if you are bashing the GM, you are bashing the braintrust above him for putting, and leaving him there. They are the exact same people that brought in Wolf, Holmgren, two Superbowl appearances and one championship.

Pyle, I am sure you were calling for Holmgren's head when we lost in the Superbowl. After all, we didn't win........

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers went 4-12 one year, and 8-8 the next. Thanks to a new coach and moves made by the GM. if your gonna give lombardi credit for improving the team in his first year... MM and TT get it to.

nobody here is pissing on anybodys grave, and to even associate cheesey with someone who disrespects Lombardi seems pretty bogus to me.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind the Mr. Lombardi also left Green Bay and went to Washington to coach the Redskins. He didn't do it because he was sick. He knew that his legend could not have gotten bigger. That there was no where else to go since he was already on the mountain top. So he needed a new challenge.

TT is not content with being average. He is obsessed with getting better. And if we get better each year guess what? We will end up on top. TT's job is ALL about getting better. Not winning in one year, or two. Harlan, and now Jones, are more concerned with the direction we are headed in, not just this years results. The moment they feel we are headed in the wrong direction, then TT will be gone. Remember, if you are bashing the GM, you are bashing the braintrust above him for putting, and leaving him there. They are the exact same people that brought in Wolf, Holmgren, two Superbowl appearances and one championship.

Pyle, I am sure you were calling for Holmgren's head when we lost in the Superbowl. After all, we didn't win........

Wait, did you just use logic and facts to show that TT was brought in by the same people who brought in Wolf Holmgren and a Trophy. and that maybe they agree as most of us do that what hes doin is the right thing.

Nope, TT has grey hair and weird eyes and he doesnt tell me every dirty secret i wanna know. and hes not very good on TV, so he must be a really bad GM. makes sense to me.

great post trippster

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
You have to understand, the Bears, Chargers, and Saints GMs all went through 2-3 year periods of sub-par team performance and records before re-emerging as legit contenders.

We're hoping we take that route too....

The Saints are a little different. While they have drafted some solid players, their roster last season was mostly FAs. Sean Payton decided he wanted to win now, which is why he was willing to sign some older guys last year, along with letting his young guys develop.

Saints Rookies that had Impacts: Colston, Evans, Bush, and to a lesser extent Roman Harper

Saints FA that had impacts: Brees, Fujita, Shanle, Hollis Thomas, Siminaou (sp?)

I like TT ideas of building through the draft. But if we would have signed some lower priced FAs, we would have less holes to fill and could have gotten key guys in each round.

Ian Scott - we could have gone WR in first round
Brian Russell- cheap competition for Manual
Kawika Mitchell - a proven LB that can cover
Eric Johnson - a legitimate recevieving threat at TE

These guys all signed contract worth less than $2 million dollars. I think some veteran depth would have allowed us to draft more for value in the last week. I still like TT, but I wish he was a little bit more open to free agency.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

Wait, did you just use logic and facts to show that TT was brought in by the same people who brought in Wolf Holmgren and a Trophy. and that maybe they agree as most of us do that what hes doin is the right thing.

Nope, TT has grey hair and weird eyes and he doesnt tell me every dirty secret i wanna know. and hes not very good on TV, so he must be a really bad GM. makes sense to me.

great post trippster

Yeah Packnic, I used logic.......I am sorry.... won't happen again.... :wall:

<<<walking away, trippster repeatedly slapping himself upside the head...>>>>

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad, bad, trippster!!

At least you are not slapping yourself on the ***...that would be weird!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers went 4-12 one year, and 8-8 the next. Thanks to a new coach and moves made by the GM. if your gonna give lombardi credit for improving the team in his first year... MM and TT get it to.

nobody here is pissing on anybodys grave, and to even associate cheesey with someone who disrespects Lombardi seems pretty bogus to me.
Thank you Packnic.
I may have used the wrong words in my posts, which caused some to think thats what i was doing. I should have been more careful in my wording.
Guess i learned my lesson. Gotta be more careful.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Wait wasn't this the same Exec. Board that hired the incompetent Sherman?

One side points to facts and logic and claims righteousness and then the other... Then belittle the other side for their lack of logic... BRAVO :chest:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ps. One of Lombardi's biographies talk about his illness, constant pain, fatigue in the last couple of years in Green Bay. It also talks about the stake in ownership in the Redskins as a factor in the decision to take the job with the Redskins. Provide security for his family.

Not saying that is the only reason he left, but neither is the end of the line of glory in Green Bay.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It also happens to be the same executive board that FIRED Sherman as well. I don't think that happened to Wolf or Holmgren did it?

I will say though that taking five years to put his *** out as GM was giving him just enough rope to seriously hurt the chances for Favre to see another ring before he's done.

If they would have gotten rid of him before he completely botched the entire '04 draft we would probably be sitting solidly in playoff land right about now.

Hopefully we get there in '07. We're pretty damn close.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
:whippin: < WHat lambardi would like to do to TT

"lambardi" was into ****?

ya learn something new every day.
Don't you know who "Lambardi" is Trom?
They took DNA from Curley Lambeau, and mixed it with DNA from Vince Lombardi and made "LAMBARDI!" :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for some reason, every time i have to spell tabasco (which is VERY often) i almost always replace the first "a" with an "o". i'm such a moron!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
for some reason, every time i have to spell tabasco (which is VERY often) i almost always replace the first "a" with an "o". i'm such a moron!
Hey.....i make spelling errors ALL the time!
The last one was just fun to play with is all! :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts