It’s Time!

Air2theThrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time for ARod to stop being a jerk and quit acting like he is the authority on all things Green & Gold.

I’m curious what it is that you want Rogers to do?

He doesn’t like the direction of the team. He feels slighted and that the team wasn’t loyal to him so he’s asked to be traded.

Who can blame him?

The Packers planned to move on from him. They are now seeing the results of that decision.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m curious what it is that you want Rogers to do?

He doesn’t like the direction of the team. He feels slighted and that the team wasn’t loyal to him so he’s asked to be traded.

Who can blame him?

The Packers planned to move on from him. They are now seeing the results of that decision.

I can only speak for myself.

Stop being a cryptic petty ****** off the field, report and be the freaking best QB in the game many of us feel he is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mean, outside of making your star players feel appreciated.
Like I said, zero benefit. That's Aaron's problem. He's smart enough to know he's not a scout and if he's spending that much time scouting other guys so he can offer a semi valid opinion concerning the draft and not on his job, his priorities are too screwed for him to be any good to us anymore.

Zero benefit to letting people outside your draft room know what your plans are.

People live in fantasy worlds I swear. When do they "let Rodgers know"? 2 days before? a week before? 2 minutes before? 30 seconds? simultaneous phone calls to Love and Rodgers on draft day? conference call? You tell me what makes that better?

Reaction score
Remember the days when each player of any position in football worried about being a team player without making waves off the field.

Vince Lombardi would yell to Rodgers: "What the Hell is Going On Out There."

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Remember the days when each player of any position in football worried about being a team player without making waves off the field.

Vince Lombardi would yell to Rodgers: "What the Hell is Going On Out There."
or he would yell to Murphy & Gutekunst "What the hell are you two doing up there?!!"

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or he would yell to Murphy & Gutekunst "What the hell are you two doing up there?!!"

I believe you have an entirely mistaken view of Vince Lombardi if you feel he would side with a player, under contract that is refusing to follow through on his signature. Vince was many things, but not someone to appreciate any part of that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I mean this is the first time I've heard that Rodgers knew about the Love pick before it happened. I'm certain that didn't happen.
Even if it did, as passive aggressive as Rodgers apparently is, he probably said "Sure, pick him" if he was told about it. While inside plotting his revenge "You'll see, I'll win the MVP this year and then demand to be traded".

Well, if that's their big master plan, trade him. It's just a season or two earlier than they planned.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive never heard they told Rodgers anything either and IMO, it doesn’t really matter. There is zero benefit to letting people outside of your draft room know your draft intentions.

Well except the elephant in the room...avoiding the current situation

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe you have an entirely mistaken view of Vince Lombardi if you feel he would side with a player, under contract that is refusing to follow through on his signature. Vince was many things, but not someone to appreciate any part of that.
No Vince would send that player packing in a hurry, MVP or not. No one is bigger than the team. Well, maybe Vince, a force of nature.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, zero benefit. That's Aaron's problem. He's smart enough to know he's not a scout and if he's spending that much time scouting other guys so he can offer a semi valid opinion concerning the draft and not on his job, his priorities are too screwed for him to be any good to us anymore.

Zero benefit to letting people outside your draft room know what your plans are.

People live in fantasy worlds I swear. When do they "let Rodgers know"? 2 days before? a week before? 2 minutes before? 30 seconds? simultaneous phone calls to Love and Rodgers on draft day? conference call? You tell me what makes that better?

That’s a fairly harsh management style that doesn’t really fly with stars today. You can bemoan that fact all you want but all it’s going to accomplish is constant frustration at today’s “entitled athletes”.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s harsh about it? They aren’t scouts or front office. Rodgers is a very smart QB, but if Jake Kumerow is indicative of his team management skills, he should realize his place and so should the rest of us.

so, when should the FO have let Rodgers in on their plans? 2 weeks, 2 months? Conference call on draft day? And how does it make it better?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s harsh about it? They aren’t scouts or front office. Rodgers is a very smart QB, but if Jake Kumerow is indicative of his team management skills, he should realize his place and so should the rest of us.

so, when should the FO have let Rodgers in on their plans? 2 weeks, 2 months? Conference call on draft day? And how does it make it better?
Lebron James tries this gimmick wherever he goes. He couldn't wait to get Anthony Davis to LA. The result this year? First round elimination. Good point on Kumerow. The scouts spend all year doing their jobs. No player can match that, and that's the way it should be. Scouts scout. Players play.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Since I never personally met the man and I doubt you have either then all we can go by is what we read in books/articles and see in various interviews. I believe it would have drove Lombardi crazy to have anything or anyone interfere with HIS team. In fact I doubt Lombardi would come to the modern Packers with its current organization as he would have wanted to have final say on the draft and player acquisitions. If there was a 2021 version of Lombardi coaching the Packers I think his wrath would be directed at Rodgers for holding out and the front office for not "running to win".

No Vince would send that player packing in a hurry, MVP or not. No one is bigger than the team. Well, maybe Vince, a force of nature.

So you are saying Lombardi would have already traded him? Isn't that what Rodgers wants?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like another bad move by the Packers FO...leaking a story like that now? Why wouldn't they have just said that from the beginning of it was true. I wonder if Murphy hired another former Whitehouse press secretary

What's the source?
I had also read (and posted at least twice) that Gutekunst said that back in April when this mess broke. He told Rodgers prior to the 2020 draft that they might draft a QB. Why do people think this is new news?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, and no team had any way to improve more than them or weaken them. At that time, when you were the best, how exactly was another team supposed to get better than you? Voodo magic?
There were a lot of great players in those days. Almost every team had a couple of greats. The Lakers with Baylor and West were the biggest rivals but just couldn't do it. Russell was really special. And he played great in big games. Teams made trades. There was the draft. Wilt the Stilt even moved around a bit. In that era it was them and The Pack. Red Auerbach and Lombardi were the best coaches. They were just special teams. Without doubt it is more difficult to keep a team together now. The owners took advantage of that back then and so in that respect, it is better today.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of great players in those days. Almost every team had a couple of greats. The Lakers with Baylor and West were the biggest rivals but just couldn't do it. Russell was really special. And he played great in big games. Teams made trades. There was the draft. Wilt the Stilt even moved around a bit. In that era it was them and The Pack. Red Auerbach and Lombardi were the best coaches. They were just special teams. Without doubt it is more difficult to keep a team together now. The owners took advantage of that back then and so in that respect, it is better today.
I agree. Vince and Red were throwbacks, and damn good ones. I miss Red sitting in the stands chomping on a stogie. Dating myself here.

Hey gopkrs, did Baylor and West win a championship? Seems so hard to believe.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had also read (and posted at least twice) that Gutekunst said that back in April when this mess broke. He told Rodgers prior to the 2020 draft that they might draft a QB. Why do people think this is new news?
Ya know Pike, I had a long ride in the car today and it finally dawned on me, I am sick of Rodgers. Gluten made mistakes, maybe enough to shorten his career. But Rodgers hasn't shown any consideration for the fans, how they're feeling. If he's done he's done, but man up and move on.

And while they should never replace a GM based on the opinion on one arrogant player, I don't expect Gluten to be in GB long. Just in over his head man. And I'm more worried about Ginger more. He is an idiot.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Vince and Red were throwbacks, and damn good ones. I miss Red sitting in the stands chomping on a stogie. Dating myself here.

Hey gopkrs, did Baylor and West win a championship? Seems so hard to believe.
They never did. Just could not beat Boston. But they were great, great players. And Red would light up a cigar only when he knew they would win the game. I don't think he was ever wrong.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They never did. Just could not beat Boston. But they were great, great players. And Red would light up a cigar only when he knew they would win the game. I don't think he was ever wrong.
Thanks, and wow, I didn't know that. And yes, Red would light up when a victory was assured.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he told him he was going to draft him in the first round? And I wonder if Rodgers expected the reaction in the press: "They just drafted Rodgers' replacement"?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's hilarious, and way better than Ginger. He's still an idiot, but with the Sponge Bob analogy now he looks like an idiot.

Haha yeah I had seen a meme the other day on a packer page of sponge bob.. didn't think anything of it til my buddy at work said yeah they call Murphy sponge bob cuz he looks like him....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yeah I had seen a meme the other day on a packer page of sponge bob.. didn't think anything of it til my buddy at work said yeah they call Murphy sponge bob cuz he looks like him....
OMG that is just perfect. Kind of an insult to Sponge Bob but he's tough.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts