It’s Time!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the brain was telling the body how smart it was and that it controlled everything and that without it, the rest would perish. Being fed up with that, the ******** puckered up in and minutes the brain was so full of **** it couldn't think anymore.

there's a message in that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of the day in an employee vs management situation, who's fault is it if a situation like this arises?

I'm obviously a support the employee over the employer in almost all situations and definitely in this current Rodgers situation.

Because I believe it was the job of the FO to never allow it to get to this point with the way they chose to manage...they've alienated the best player in franchise history.

If this causes the guys you mentioned to not want to sign extensions and guys from other teams to not want to sign FA deals and it will if it goes nuclear. The fault for that lies soley with the FO. They should know Rodgers better than most, it's their job, and if they didn't like the way he is or couldn't accept it as a means to an end because of his play....then they should of done something about it sooner or at least just had some balls and traded him prior to the draft when his value was likely the highest.

And yeah the only way this goes nuclear is if Rodgers sits out and even then he wouldn't reach locker room cancer status. By all accounts Rodgers is loved by the players. That's also the only way Rodgers can assure he'll be traded before the 2022 draft...

Finally maybe sometimes it wouldn't be that bad to listen to your face of the franchise/league fhof qb...

Favre demanded a trade over TT not trading a 4th round pick for randy moss, this after Brett allegedly lobbied strong for it...moss went on to have the single greatest season by a wr in NFL history with a TB, the Packers fell one arrant Favre pass away from the SB. You gotta figure with Moss that's a SB because it never gets to overtime

Rodgers lobbied TT shortly after that to trade for Marshawn Lynch...Packers won SB that year but you can't help but think they would of won a few more had they listened to 12

Idk in the conclusion Rodgers will never be a cancer because he's so good that every player wants to play with him...

It's managements fault when situations like this are allowed to arise...should of been handled one way or another far earlier

Wanting what's best for yourself in a work situation is not selfish whether you work for the team at McDonald's or Lambeau. You're trading your time a as of now non renewable resource as far as I know for money. Where you work is something that has a great deal to do with happiness if you'd rather work in California than Wisconsin no one else is gonna try and make that happen if you don't make it know that's what you want and go get it yourself...
e
Finally Rodgers will sign an extension, play for the Packers in 2021 alongside Julio Jones and win the SB worry about 2022 while you're celebrating

I so appreciate the descriptive thoughts expressed even if I disagree in some parts. To me the only issue we all know occurred because Gute has expressed full ownership of that issue was not expressing or sharing with Rodgers they were considering picking Love. Which unless there is some other massive issue no one is aware of - is the root of this whole thing. I 100% believe it was a misstep by Gute to do that - just dumb. You could have picked Love and not had Rodgers so butt hurt about it by just giving him the courtesy of knowing; which yes they don't have to do ever, but it would have been the right thing IMO.

Rodgers allowing all the poop to continue to smear all over for weeks before ever saying a word though and no doubt controlling the timing of when it "leaked" is just as STUPID as Gute's bonehead move IMO.

I cannot solely place this fiasco solely on either set of shoulders, there's a decent amount of weight on each IMO.

Reaction score
As I read all the above comments on both sides, Rodgers vs The Packers, here's my take:

#1....There both at fault.

Green Bay Packers as a public own team needs to change with the times and recognize
a talented QB and treat him with respect and keeping the lines of communication open so he can lead others on the team.
The days of Ron Wolf and Ted T. doing everything their way are over.
The FO needs to work better together or start replacing the people already in charge.

Aaron Rodgers, yes is a arrogant jerk, but a talented arrogant jerk, and a important key to another SB
This public own team needs to change the way they do things and realize this is 2021.

Also, do we REALLY know for sure what Rodgers said, wants, or needs??
I don't trust the sports media telling what's going on when their guessing, so until Rodgers officially speaks, let's, (as stock holders) blame both sides and get this **** behind us.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, do we REALLY know for sure what Rodgers said, wants, or needs??
I don't trust the sports media telling what's going on when their guessing, so until Rodgers officially speaks, let's, (as stock holders) blame both sides and get this **** behind us.
He did speak. He said that he loves everyone except the front office. He loves Jordan Love but not the Jordan Love pick. He wants the team to value the people more. He said all of this and he has had the opportunity to say more.

I am 100% convinced that he is furious that there is a continuity plan to move on past him. He thinks that he can play past 40. It would be great if he can, but it would be foolish for the Packers to bank on that, since most QBs do not last.

OP
OP
T

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did speak. He said that he loves everyone except the front office. He loves Jordan Love but not the Jordan Love pick. He wants the team to value the people more. He said all of this and he has had the opportunity to say more.

I am 100% convinced that he is furious that there is a continuity plan to move on past him. He thinks that he can play past 40. It would be great if he can, but it would be foolish for the Packers to bank on that, since most QBs do not last.
Seems to be Aaron “pouty” Rodgers. Ask his mom,dad, or brother.....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to be Aaron “pouty” Rodgers. Ask his mom,dad, or brother.....

Okay to be fair to Rodgers, NONE of us know the details of both sides of the family thing. Yes, extremely odd and concerning that his family seem to be cut off from him...but to Rodgers credit he's never chose to air any dirty laundry at all - while some family members have.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take the name off the back. Don’t need it for the name on the front to be great.
Not sure I understand what is going on here but I like to read the names on the back and the corners with really long hair make that tough

OP
OP
T

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay to be fair to Rodgers, NONE of us know the details of both sides of the family thing. Yes, extremely odd and concerning that his family seem to be cut off from him...but to Rodgers credit he's never chose to air any dirty laundry at all - while some family members have.
My dad always told me that “fair” is a place where a man in a stripped shirt sells cotton candy. By all means let’s be “fair” to Aaron......

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I so appreciate the descriptive thoughts expressed even if I disagree in some parts. To me the only issue we all know occurred because Gute has expressed full ownership of that issue was not expressing or sharing with Rodgers they were considering picking Love. Which unless there is some other massive issue no one is aware of - is the root of this whole thing. I 100% believe it was a misstep by Gute to do that - just dumb. You could have picked Love and not had Rodgers so butt hurt about it by just giving him the courtesy of knowing; which yes they don't have to do ever, but it would have been the right thing IMO.

Rodgers allowing all the poop to continue to smear all over for weeks before ever saying a word though and no doubt controlling the timing of when it "leaked" is just as STUPID as Gute's bonehead move IMO.

I cannot solely place this fiasco solely on either set of shoulders, there's a decent amount of weight on each IMO.

We also know for sure besides the Love pick that the Packers FO did not try and extend Rodgers right after the season...they first tried to just do a simple restructure which wouldn't of tied them to Rodgers beyond this season...

We also know about the "insult offer" to Jordy Nelson as they kicked him out the door...this is exactly what Rodgers was talking about with his "people" comments. It's about the people and theirs ways to do tough things without being a deck for lack of a better word

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did speak. He said that he loves everyone except the front office. He loves Jordan Love but not the Jordan Love pick.
I wonder what Love thinks of all this. If Rodgers gets what he wants, guaranteed to be our starter until he calls it quick, where does that leave Love? Is he content with the idea of sitting on the bench for the next x number of years?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad always told me that “fair” is a place where a man in a stripped shirt sells cotton candy. By all means let’s be “fair” to Aaron......

Well your dad was wrong or didn't understand the human language well. :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what Love thinks of all this. If Rodgers gets what he wants, guaranteed to be our starter until he calls it quick, where does that leave Love? Is he content with the idea of sitting on the bench for the next x number of years?
If I were Jordan Love, I would actually be okay with Rodgers getting what he wants. That would mean learning the game under one of the greatest for even longer. It would also mean that Love would be highly coveted towards the end of rookie contract, similar to Garapolo.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were Jordan Love, I would actually be okay with Rodgers getting what he wants. That would mean learning the game under one of the greatest for even longer. It would also mean that Love would be highly coveted towards the end of rookie contract, similar to Garapolo.

Yeah I agree I don't think Love cares at this point because he would likely just request a trade through his agent if and when he needed to for what is best for him...at that point comes the real decision on Rodgers and we're certainly not there yet

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would help him to sit for a certain amount of time. But at some point, it's going to be diminishing returns.

Reaction score
the brain was telling the body how smart it was and that it controlled everything and that without it, the rest would perish. Being fed up with that, the ******** puckered up in and minutes the brain was so full of **** it couldn't think anymore.

there's a message in that.
I’m seriously trying to figure out who’s the ******** part of the body. And why would they pucker up while being fed ?
Second thought. Just leave that alone. I don’t want to get kicked off here as an accomplice.

It does give the term “backup” a whole fresh new look

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Unless your team doesn't have the ball :D

True, the other team doesn't get the ball in good situations regarding the score or field position if your quarterbackvis elite though.

It would also mean that Love would be highly coveted towards the end of rookie contract, similar to Garapolo.

That would only become true if he shows some potential replacing Rodgers in games that count though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not underestimating MLF, I think he's a very good coach but he has had the benefit of having perhaps the most talented qb to ever play the game in the NFL...

I don't disagree I think the Packers can win post Rodgers and I think trading him prior to the 2023 draft would be a big help towards that. But I don't think Loves gonna be ready for 2 more seasons...and even then might still have to endure a year like Rodgers first as a starter

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would help him to sit for a certain amount of time. But at some point, it's going to be diminishing returns.
True. If it were me, I would rather sit an extra year than one too few. I would want to bankroll my rookie deal, 4 years $12+M and then look for my next deal. But time spent in the MLF system will help tremendously when he takes over for AR, so unless I was offered something ridiculous, I would accept a bit less money to wait in GB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts