It’s Time!

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time for ARod to stop being a jerk and quit acting like he is the authority on all things Green & Gold. He needs to understand the meaning of TEAM and understand that the Packers will far outlive him and most likely his legacy as well......

GO PACK GO is cheered, not GO AARON GO!!!!!!!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes up the team you're talking about? Individual players I believe... Apparently you don't like that some players/employees are more important to the team than others but that's the way it goes whether you play for the Packers or for McDonald's

Is it the individual employees fault when things don't go right with the overall operation? I don't think so...I think that's managements fault

Without Favre and Rodgers I believe it's a totally different story for the franchise but you are correct it's still Go Pack Go

OP
OP
T

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes up the team you're talking about? Individual players I believe... Apparently you don't like that some players/employees are more important to the team than others but that's the way it goes whether you play for the Packers or for McDonald's

Is it the individual employees fault when things don't go right with the overall operation? I don't think so...I think that's managements fault

Without Favre and Rodgers I believe it's a totally different story for the franchise but you are correct it's still Go Pack Go
When the individual starts believing that he is more important than the whole, disaster is sure to follow.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the individual starts believing that he is more important than the whole, disaster is sure to follow.

Nice saying... while I believe that in general life and wish everyone did because the world would be unrecognizable.

I don't think it has played out that way in sports. Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, LeBron James, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, players that are not only the face of the team but the league often times realize and use the leverage that literally being bigger than the team entails. Most of the time it results in championships on championships...the only guys it hasn't on that list are the two that played/play for the Packers

OP
OP
T

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also agree with your Favre and Rodgers statement, but it took a team around them for them to be as successful as they were and are......

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no o line QB gets flattened even if he can scramble.

no defence points against.

it's a team game & one of the few games where every play the whole offence or defence or special teams are involved. Might never see the ball but may make a crucial block or do something that makes the opponent misread a play.

Reaction score
I also agree with your Favre and Rodgers statement, but it took a team around them for them to be as successful as they were and are......
Amen
We’ve won 2 SB’s in nearly 30 years.

The 1996 Defense was #1 in points allowed
The 2010 Defense was #2 in points allowed.

in Tom Brady’s 7 SB wins. His Defenses were points ranked: #1, #3 #4, #4, #5, #6, #8

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's a team game & one of the few games where every play the whole offence or defence or special teams are involved. Might never see the ball but may make a crucial block or do something that makes the opponent misread a play.

Not at all pair an elite defense with a generational leader/qb leads to Superbowls... hardly earth shattering

Show me all the examples of an elite defense with a bad qb. Trent silver in Baltimore and...

Oops this was in response to @OldSchool101 comment about last 2 Packers SB...

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m with Yourself and Spock. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”
Or the one.

Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, LeBron James, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, players that are not only the face of the team but the leagues
Can't help but notice the Packers on that list are the only ones who don't hold multiple championships :(

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is the old saying?

A great Offence wins games ,

A great defence wins championships

Before Reggie joined we were good he too us to the next level.

or am I missing something?

Reaction score
what is the old saying?

People are going to get tired of this. But in my research several years ago (2014?) The average winning SB team had a #7 range scoring Defense (it was actually like #6.75) and #8 ranked scoring Offense (somewhere in the #8.3 range) You can obviously get there inverting those. But the average SB winning team ranked #15 in scoring when adding the 2 O+D together, but slightly leaning Defence. I’d add that the farther you vary in adding to that total ranking #15 scoring. the less probability you have of winning a SB and vice versa.
What was odd was I made a personal bet In 2014 that GB would need to improve their Defence to
#11-12 scoring to increase their odds. The year Clay converted to ILB we surged all the way down to #13 overall scoring D over the last 3-4 weeks regular season. We missed it by 1 and we lost in OT to Seattle by a hair to advance. Our D was just not quite there. Seattle lost that SB on the last play at the goal line INT to NE.

The numbers don’t lie and that was 50 years worth of test sample from NFL SB wining teams. Well rounded teams Win Championships. However if we want to split hairs we can say D is very slightly more important if you had to choose.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bretts offense in 2009...seemed to be great

Yet how did it end?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

[

Reaction score
Bretts offense in 2009...seemed to be great

Yet how did it end?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

[
Thanks for that. I just reviewed that game brought back memories. Just goes to show how the GBP are not the only ones to lose the close ones.
2007 Favre (GB)lost in OT vs the Giants in the NFC by a FG and the Giants won the SB
2009 Favre (Vikes) lost in OT vs Saints in the NFC by a FG and the Saints won the SB

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m with Yourself and Spock. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”

live long and prosper Texpac. :notworthy:

i'd agree in a situation where i'm on a spaceship and need to fight off aliens and things to keep my people alive :D
not so much when we're here on earth talking about a building and finishing a career and making money
then i'm conflicted
the fan in me agrees, but at the same time, i can't put any blame on a player for trying to shape their short career to look how they want it to

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

It is but the names on the back is what makes the name on the front great not the other way around and I don't see any argument against that but I'd love if you provided one...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here's one issue I have, but first I have to stress that there is a ton of "right" in both sides to this coin IMO. However, for those fully in support of Rodgers doing what he is and acting as he is - how is this selfish behavior any different than guys like Brown, OBJ, Bell - massive talents but at a point in their career teams have passed on them or shoved them off due to the infection they can become to the team and organization?

Fair to say Rodgers isn't there yet, but at what point does he begin to do the same thing to the organization? If he doesn't show up to training camp? If he decides he'd rather not play in 2021, GB stays committed to him and doesn't trade him.....fallout of this situation causes guys like Adams, Tonyan, Lazard, MVS and more to be hesitate or even worse refuse discussing extensions with the team because of what the whole thing has become?

Rodgers is nearly 20% of our entire cost in 2021 cap hit wise. Not to mention that at 38 years old, his contract STILL has him as the 5th most expensive QB in average salary per year. Matt Ryan is the only other QB on the top ten list over the age of 35 - with only three others over 30 (Wilson,Tannehill & Goff) and they're only 32.

Green Bay has built a roster that last year produced incredibly well - defense should be even better this year - I don't believe he will find a more SB ready team than the one committed to him in 2021. The issue is he wants the team built his way, with decisions he likes or he would do....

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
what is the old saying?

That coupled with Favre learning to read where/when blitzes were coming. When that happened he owned the field.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It is but the names on the back is what makes the name on the front great not the other way around and I don't see any argument against that but I'd love if you provided one...
Take the name off the back. Don’t need it for the name on the front to be great.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how is this selfish behavior any different than guys like Brown, OBJ, Bell - massive talents but at a point in their career teams have passed on them or shoved them off due to the infection they can become to the team and organization?

Fair to say Rodgers isn't there yet, but at what point does he begin to do the same thing to the organization?.....fallout of this situation causes guys like Adams, Tonyan, Lazard, MVS and more to be hesitate or even worse refuse discussing extensions with the team because of what the whole thing has become?

Matt Ryan is the only other QB on the top ten list over the age of 35 - with only three others over 30 (Wilson,Tannehill & Goff) and they're only 32.

I don't believe he will find a more SB ready team than the one committed to him in 2021. The issue is he wants the team built his way, with decisions he likes or he would do....

At the end of the day in an employee vs management situation, who's fault is it if a situation like this arises?

I'm obviously a support the employee over the employer in almost all situations and definitely in this current Rodgers situation.

Because I believe it was the job of the FO to never allow it to get to this point with the way they chose to manage...they've alienated the best player in franchise history.

If this causes the guys you mentioned to not want to sign extensions and guys from other teams to not want to sign FA deals and it will if it goes nuclear. The fault for that lies soley with the FO. They should know Rodgers better than most, it's their job, and if they didn't like the way he is or couldn't accept it as a means to an end because of his play....then they should of done something about it sooner or at least just had some balls and traded him prior to the draft when his value was likely the highest.

And yeah the only way this goes nuclear is if Rodgers sits out and even then he wouldn't reach locker room cancer status. By all accounts Rodgers is loved by the players. That's also the only way Rodgers can assure he'll be traded before the 2022 draft...

Finally maybe sometimes it wouldn't be that bad to listen to your face of the franchise/league fhof qb...

Favre demanded a trade over TT not trading a 4th round pick for randy moss, this after Brett allegedly lobbied strong for it...moss went on to have the single greatest season by a wr in NFL history with a TB, the Packers fell one arrant Favre pass away from the SB. You gotta figure with Moss that's a SB because it never gets to overtime

Rodgers lobbied TT shortly after that to trade for Marshawn Lynch...Packers won SB that year but you can't help but think they would of won a few more had they listened to 12

Idk in the conclusion Rodgers will never be a cancer because he's so good that every player wants to play with him...

It's managements fault when situations like this are allowed to arise...should of been handled one way or another far earlier

Wanting what's best for yourself in a work situation is not selfish whether you work for the team at McDonald's or Lambeau. You're trading your time a as of now non renewable resource as far as I know for money. Where you work is something that has a great deal to do with happiness if you'd rather work in California than Wisconsin no one else is gonna try and make that happen if you don't make it know that's what you want and go get it yourself...
e
Finally Rodgers will sign an extension, play for the Packers in 2021 alongside Julio Jones and win the SB worry about 2022 while you're celebrating

D

Deleted member 6794

While I agree that football is a team sport there's no doubt the quarterback is the most important player on the field.

OP
OP
T

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of the day in an employee vs management situation, who's fault is it if a situation like this arises?

I'm obviously a support the employee over the employer in almost all situations and definitely in this current Rodgers situation.

Because I believe it was the job of the FO to never allow it to get to this point with the way they chose to manage...they've alienated the best player in franchise history.

If this causes the guys you mentioned to not want to sign extensions and guys from other teams to not want to sign FA deals and it will if it goes nuclear. The fault for that lies soley with the FO. They should know Rodgers better than most, it's their job, and if they didn't like the way he is or couldn't accept it as a means to an end because of his play....then they should of done something about it sooner or at least just had some balls and traded him prior to the draft when his value was likely the highest.

And yeah the only way this goes nuclear is if Rodgers sits out and even then he wouldn't reach locker room cancer status. By all accounts Rodgers is loved by the players. That's also the only way Rodgers can assure he'll be traded before the 2022 draft...

Finally maybe sometimes it wouldn't be that bad to listen to your face of the franchise/league fhof qb...

Favre demanded a trade over TT not trading a 4th round pick for randy moss, this after Brett allegedly lobbied strong for it...moss went on to have the single greatest season by a wr in NFL history with a TB, the Packers fell one arrant Favre pass away from the SB. You gotta figure with Moss that's a SB because it never gets to overtime

Rodgers lobbied TT shortly after that to trade for Marshawn Lynch...Packers won SB that year but you can't help but think they would of won a few more had they listened to 12

Idk in the conclusion Rodgers will never be a cancer because he's so good that every player wants to play with him...

It's managements fault when situations like this are allowed to arise...should of been handled one way or another far earlier

Wanting what's best for yourself in a work situation is not selfish whether you work for the team at McDonald's or Lambeau. You're trading your time a as of now non renewable resource as far as I know for money. Where you work is something that has a great deal to do with happiness if you'd rather work in California than Wisconsin no one else is gonna try and make that happen if you don't make it know that's what you want and go get it yourself...
e
Finally Rodgers will sign an extension, play for the Packers in 2021 alongside Julio Jones and win the SB worry about 2022 while you're celebrating
You make sense for the most part. What you haven’t accounted for is ARod seems to be a once in a lifetime arrogant jerk. He can’t even get along with his family. How could any of us expect him to get along with the authority figures that he works for?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts