It’s Time!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have the magic strategy of constantly drafting good QBs because you don’t want to pay them, then I’m all for it. Barring that, I’d rather go the great QB route than the Vikings/Bears route of “more balance with bad QB”.
Yeah I mean average QBs don't do much for even an otherwise talented team. It's a break if you get a great rookie QB on a cheap deal for a few years, but that's rare. I hope that whatever Gluten sees in Love pans out.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on his "people" comments. What does he expect the GB Packers to do? Keep and pay aging players out of sentimentality? I doubt any team in the NFL would run a team Rodgers' way. Rodgers is a real ****.

No I don't think that's what he expects at all...I think what he means is if you're gonna release a guy that has given up his body for the organization. Don't do it in a disrespectful way. Have a bit of tact...just release the dude don't offer him the veteran minimum on the way put like you're doing him a favor

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't think that's what he expects at all...I think what he means is if you're gonna release a guy that has given up his body for the organization. Don't do it in a disrespectful way. Have a bit of tact...just release the dude don't offer him the veteran minimum on the way put like you're doing him a favor
Agreed. When the FO decided they didn't want Jordy on the team, rather than just tell him, they offered him the veteran minimum. That's an insult IMO. If this is what Rodgers is referring to, situations like this, he has a point. It doesn't justify a hold out though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. When the FO decided they didn't want Jordy on the team, rather than just tell him, they offered him the veteran minimum. That's an insult IMO. If this is what Rodgers is referring to, situations like this, he has a point. It doesn't justify a hold out though.

I 100% think that and stuff like that is what Rodgers is talking about...

And technically I don't think he has held out yet?

Lots of guys skip off season workouts voluntary and mandatory and they aren't considered holdouts

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling it was more along the lines of” where letting you go”. And he was like “I’ll stay for anything” and they said it would be no better than a vet minimum contract. Basically saying what they originally said, we’re moving on.

Either way, Moving on from Jordy sucked as a fan, but it was time. Even with, or especially with hindsight, it was the right move.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I 100% think that and stuff like that is what Rodgers is talking about...

And technically I don't think he has held out yet?

Lots of guys skip off season workouts voluntary and mandatory and they aren't considered holdouts
And I think Rodgers has indicated in the past he doesn't need TC. Maybe that's true. MLF has the majority of his game plan inn place and has for two years. And yeah, Rodgers isn't holding out. So who knows, maybe he shows up for the Saints game. At least it gives Love some snaps.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling it was more along the lines of” where letting you go”. And he was like “I’ll stay for anything” and they said it would be no better than a vet minimum contract. Basically saying what they originally said, we’re moving on.

Either way, Moving on from Jordy sucked as a fan, but it was time. Even with, or especially with hindsight, it was the right move.
Yes, they we're right about Jordy. I think he played one year in Oakland (at least he collected $7 mil). Clearly the FO and the coaches see things and are privy to things we can't see.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if the Packers could have gotten Jordy for vet minimum, you would think it was bad business? I don't think the Packers are any different than any other employer. Rodgers seems to be singling the Packers out, when any other NFL team does the same. There are all kinds of stories from players being let go about how they felt disrespected.

Actually, I agree with you that people should be treated with dignity when being let go. No one wants to hear that they aren't wanted anymore. No one wants a low ball offer to return. I've seen worse than anything the Packers did to players in the school district I worked in. Like, people with serious medical conditions being given more and more difficult duties, until they can't do it anymore. Like, moving a person from the first floor to the third floor because they used a walker. That person had ALS.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, they we're right about Jordy. I think he played one year in Oakland (at least he collected $7 mil). Clearly the FO and the coaches see things and are privy to things we can't see.

They were not right about jordy had the Packers just offered him a reasonable pay cut he would of taken it and had a nice season in GB...for the Raiders with a unfamiliar and vastly inferior qb Nelson put up 63 catches on 88 targets in 14 starts for 739 yards 11.7 per and 3 tds in 2018. Unless of course you subscribe to the "better a year too early" theory

That's not how Jordy Nelson explained it at all...I remember him saying something along the lines of "I actually almost took it"

Excerpts from. Wilde article

“I’ve seen enough crazy things in this locker room that I don’t ever assume anything,” Nelson said. When the idea of a pay cut came up, Nelson said, “If they give me a call, I’ll listen and see what they want to do.”

Before releasing the veteran wide receiver on Tuesday, the Green Bay Packers asked Jordy Nelson to take a substantial pay cut, according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com.

In a post on his Instagram account, quarterback Aaron Rodgers wrote that it was “hard to find the right words today to express what ‘87’ means to me. No teammate exemplified what it means to be a Packer quite like him.

With Rodgers sidelined for 10 games with a fractured right collarbone, Nelson caught just 53 passes for 482 yards and six touchdowns last season. All six of those TDs came before Rodgers’ Oct. 15 injury.

Asked if he talked to Rodgers about the decision, Gutekunst replied, “Talked to Aaron afterward. Had a conversation with him afterward, but not before.”

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were not right about jordy had the Packers just offered him a reasonable pay cut he would of taken it and had a nice season in GB...for the Raiders with a unfamiliar and vastly inferior qb Nelson put up 63 catches on 88 targets in 14 starts for 739 yards 11.7 per and 3 tds in 2018. Unless of course you subscribe to the "better a year too early" theory

That's not how Jordy Nelson explained it at all...I remember him saying something along the lines of "I actually almost took it"

Excerpts from. Wilde article

“I’ve seen enough crazy things in this locker room that I don’t ever assume anything,” Nelson said. When the idea of a pay cut came up, Nelson said, “If they give me a call, I’ll listen and see what they want to do.”

Before releasing the veteran wide receiver on Tuesday, the Green Bay Packers asked Jordy Nelson to take a substantial pay cut, according to Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com.

In a post on his Instagram account, quarterback Aaron Rodgers wrote that it was “hard to find the right words today to express what ‘87’ means to me. No teammate exemplified what it means to be a Packer quite like him.

With Rodgers sidelined for 10 games with a fractured right collarbone, Nelson caught just 53 passes for 482 yards and six touchdowns last season. All six of those TDs came before Rodgers’ Oct. 15 injury.

Asked if he talked to Rodgers about the decision, Gutekunst replied, “Talked to Aaron afterward. Had a conversation with him afterward, but not before.”
For what it's worth, I thought they released Jordy too early, about two years too early. It was a bad decision.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if the Packers could have gotten Jordy for vet minimum, you would think it was bad business? I don't think the Packers are any different than any other employer. Rodgers seems to be singling the Packers out, when any other NFL team does the same. There are all kinds of stories from players being let go about how they felt disrespected.

Actually, I agree with you that people should be treated with dignity when being let go. No one wants to hear that they aren't wanted anymore. No one wants a low ball offer to return. I've seen worse than anything the Packers did to players in the school district I worked in. Like, people with serious medical conditions being given more and more difficult duties, until they can't do it anymore. Like, moving a person from the first floor to the third floor because they used a walker. That person had ALS.

No not bad business because they would of gotten a good deal...bad business because of what you said in your second paragraph.

They could have offered him a reasonable number and he takes it. They offer him an insult and it makes them look like they treat all time franchise greats like something to be discarded and urinated upon

It's no secret that, I think that's a huge problem in societies all across the earth, it's truly sad that people can't just realize we're all alike

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No not bad business because they would of gotten a good deal...bad business because of what you said in your second paragraph.

They could have offered him a reasonable number and he takes it. They offer him an insult and it makes them look like they treat all time franchise greats like something to be discarded and urinated upon

It's no secret that, I think that's a huge problem in societies all across the earth, it's truly sad that people can't just realize we're all alike
Hmmmm yeah, the Golden Rule. That would be nice if more people followed it.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really is getting old. To date I am fairly certain that no one has heard directly from Rodger exactly what his desires are. I have never heard him say that he wants out. In fact I don’t think he has ever said much. It’s all the media BS. Once again “It’s Time” for this to MOVE!!!!!

One way or the other! I am getting past the point of caring.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really is getting old. To date I am fairly certain that no one has heard directly from Rodger exactly what his desires are. I have never heard him say that he wants out.
Haven't heard him deny it either.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time for ARod to stop being a jerk and quit acting like he is the authority on all things Green & Gold. He needs to understand the meaning of TEAM and understand that the Packers will far outlive him and most likely his legacy as well......

GO PACK GO is cheered, not GO AARON GO!!!!!!!

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Point
You are absolutely right! No one player is annoited “God!” Unfortunately Rodgers is considering himself someone He can never be. A true football player who is in it for the right reason thinks first of his team and fellow players. Also he thinks of all of the fans who shiver out in the frigid cold to show support to their team. Your “BOSSES”may and do make mistakes. It is a hard nosed business after all and they have a difficult job to do too! It can’t be about one player no matter how good he is. Rodgers is almost 40 years old—- not every player is a Tom Brady. Bodies wear out eventually and then you are done! At this point I don’t care what or where Rodgers goes. He is not a team player or a TRUE GREEN BAY PACKER in any respect. He is one strange Dude and that sums Aaron Rodgers up

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are absolutely right! No one player is annoited “God!” Unfortunately Rodgers is considering himself someone He can never be. A true football player who is in it for the right reason thinks first of his team and fellow players. Also he thinks of all of the fans who shiver out in the frigid cold to show support to their team. Your “BOSSES”may and do make mistakes. It is a hard nosed business after all and they have a difficult job to do too! It can’t be about one player no matter how good he is. Rodgers is almost 40 years old—- not every player is a Tom Brady. Bodies wear out eventually and then you are done! At this point I don’t care what or where Rodgers goes. He is not a team player or a TRUE GREEN BAY PACKER in any respect. He is one strange Dude and that sums Aaron Rodgers up
One strange dude - for sure. Even if he came back, would anyone want him back? He would be poison in a locker room. Time to move on and make the best decisions for the team and its future.

I'll admit that as a fan, it stinks to be snubbed by someone we all cheered for for so many years. It's clear to me that Rodgers has no room in his heart for anyone but himself. Either that or he's terribly insecure.

And what a time of contrast as the Bucks work toward a championship. Those guys understand the value of teamwork.

Reaction score
Well, Rodgers does contribute more to winning than Jaire and Adams but if you don’t want to pay him to play here, then trade him. If he wanted 2 years for $90 million, sure, pay him and figure out the cap issues (which works not include letting Adams and Jaire walk btw).
You still have to balance roster building with your overall cap. If NFL teams didn’t have a cap ceiling I might agree with you. We could take up a donation to keep

Now that you’ve clearly laid out the plans for a QB holdout :whistling: Show us which other aging QB’s signed long term, starting deals (37+ year olds) with 3+ year guarantees AND annual record setters.

I just went through the top 20 oldest QB list. Blanda was not only the oldest QB ever (26 seasons) but an absolute inspiration and played multiple position and is a scoring leader. These Rodgers types (punks) today have a spoiled rotten, ungrateful attitude. The world doesn’t owe them anything! If anything, they owe the fans! (PS. I wrote this before reading Barbs Post above).

Being a great QB is far more than throwing TD’s:INT ratios. I’m a stat guy, but I’ll trade stats for team Championships. I’ll take my chances in hopes of finding the next George Blanda or Tom Brady or Mahomes

Last edited:

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes up the team you're talking about? Individual players I believe... Apparently you don't like that some players/employees are more important to the team than others but that's the way it goes whether you play for the Packers or for McDonald's

Is it the individual employees fault when things don't go right with the overall operation? I don't think so...I think that's managements fault

Without Favre and Rodgers I believe it's a totally different story for the franchise but you are correct it's still Go Pack Go
Specious arguement, TEAM is individuals working together for the same goal or objective(s). In any situation where management is involved you can always argue that "they did not do the right thing or that they acted wrongly" but in those cases it is a person's opinion. Interesting that you did not hear from other players regarding their "beefs" with Packer management. Interesting that you only heard from team members supporting Rodgers AFTER this situation "blew up".Frankly, without knowing details (just like the everyone else) this situation has been kept in the news by Rodgers, not by the Packers management. He is the one who continues to "suggest and insinuate" that the Packers "done him wrong and he wants his pound of flesh". That is my phrase for his statements and actions. Is this really what this or any team needs? A disgruntled employee (yes he is an employee that is very, very handsomely paid)? This situation is going to create more disruption in the entire organization and if anyone thinks that will help get the Packers to the playoffs or to another SB, think again. Packers offered this guy a bundle of cash PLUS another 3 years (to age 40), that apparently is not enough, so let him retire or trade him for 3-4 first rounders but let the team move forward. If you need to package Adams and Rodgers,do so, wonder who has the picks and players that could turn this franchise into a contender again quicklywith players who WANT TO BE IN GREEN BAY.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Specious arguement, TEAM is individuals working together for the same goal or objective(s). In any situation where management is involved you can always argue that "they did not do the right thing or that they acted wrongly" but in those cases it is a person's opinion. Interesting that you did not hear from other players regarding their "beefs" with Packer management. Interesting that you only heard from team members supporting Rodgers AFTER this situation "blew up".Frankly, without knowing details (just like the everyone else) this situation has been kept in the news by Rodgers, not by the Packers management. He is the one who continues to "suggest and insinuate" that the Packers "done him wrong and he wants his pound of flesh". That is my phrase for his statements and actions. Is this really what this or any team needs? A disgruntled employee (yes he is an employee that is very, very handsomely paid)? This situation is going to create more disruption in the entire organization and if anyone thinks that will help get the Packers to the playoffs or to another SB, think again. Packers offered this guy a bundle of cash PLUS another 3 years (to age 40), that apparently is not enough, so let him retire or trade him for 3-4 first rounders but let the team move forward. If you need to package Adams and Rodgers,do so, wonder who has the picks and players that could turn this franchise into a contender again quicklywith players who WANT TO BE IN GREEN BAY.
Other than Murphy's comment on "he's a complicated fella" (which added nothing), MLF and Gluten have been "business as usual". It was Rodgers decision to go on Maynes's show and pretty much say nothing.

But September approaches. I would be A-OK if Mr. Hollywood sat this season out. He's be poison in the locker room anyway. It will likely mean the loss of a playoff berth, but GB gets to see what it has in Love, and can then trade Rodgers (and Adams if he doesn't want to stay) for a boatload of draft capital.

We've had it good in GB for many years. If we have to endure a down year in the interest of bettering the long term, I'm ok with that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Adams decision could not wait till after season - would need done before trade deadline this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Adams decision could not wait till after season - would need done before trade deadline this year.
True. I hope they can resign him. I'd hate to see Adams leave. If a deal doesn't get done at some point this season, they'd get pretty much nothing for him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts