Issues with NFL schedule

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So everybody has their own bone to pick but I looked at a bunch of different issues and cane up with 1 good idea... I think...

1. 2 preseason games vs 4
2. 16 vs 18 game season
- player safety vs $$$ for nfl and length of season
4. Mon/sun games transition to Thursday
- long (2 week) breaks on bye week
5. Hard transition for European game.

Soooooo here's my idea in broken parts

1. Only 3 preseason games and a second bye week for each team. Which increases the season technically by a week.

2. Forced bye week before any Thursday night game and European game. Effectively making sure that each team never gets less than 4 days rest or more than 10 (traditionally a bye week gives you 10-13 days between games)

3. Increase roster size from 53 to 60... Sure the NFL wants a longer season and more money but these teams need more rotation then.

Everybody is arguing more games and player saftey but I'd like to also point out that 18 games changes all the record books again... Might as well call it the hyper bowl and negate all championships and stats to this point
Much like they did to our original 13 championships or whatever that no one recognizes since they aren't "Superbowls"

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So everybody has their own bone to pick but I looked at a bunch of different issues and cane up with 1 good idea... I think...

1. 2 preseason games vs 4
2. 16 vs 18 game season
- player safety vs $$$ for nfl and length of season
4. Mon/sun games transition to Thursday
- long (2 week) breaks on bye week
5. Hard transition for European game.

Soooooo here's my idea in broken parts

1. Only 3 preseason games and a second bye week for each team. Which increases the season technically by a week.

2. Forced bye week before any Thursday night game and European game. Effectively making sure that each team never gets less than 4 days rest or more than 10 (traditionally a bye week gives you 10-13 days between games)

3. Increase roster size from 53 to 60... Sure the NFL wants a longer season and more money but these teams need more rotation then.

Everybody is arguing more games and player saftey but I'd like to also point out that 18 games changes all the record books again... Might as well call it the hyper bowl and negate all championships and stats to this point
Much like they did to our original 13 championships or whatever that no one recognizes since they aren't "Superbowls"

Well a couple of them were. But really, the Packers have 15 because they had to win the "NFL Championship" to get to the first two Super Bowls. That's the true, "unchanged" history.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But really, the Packers have 15 because they had to win the "NFL Championship" to get to the first two Super Bowls. That's the true, "unchanged" history.
That's the way I think it should be also. But the NFL doesn't recognize it that way.

Members online

Latest posts