Is this where the News-Chronical crowd is taking up residenc

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know where they plan on going too, but I hope they do come here. There are a lot of good Packer posters at the Chronicle. I just got tired of a few of the boneheads over there like Chase that the moderator wouldn't do much about a lot of the time, but overall there are a lot of good posters over there that I hope come here. It's too bad the Chronicle is closing shop.

Hopefully as time goes by, the posters from over there will gradually work their way over to this forum and become members here. A lot of them probably won't find out about the Chronicle forum closing until after they return from their holiday weekend.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hey we are all for more users over here! Just the people that want to talk football though!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan-I am sure you will make sure everybody keeps on the straight & narrow. There are some on Green Bay Press-Gazette and News Chronicle Packer forums really go off on the deep end. It has to get pretty bad before some of the posters were ban and their postings deleted. Some Mn. Vikings fans came over to the two Packer fourms just to rub the Viking's playoff victory last season in the Packer fans face. There was very little meaningful discussion of Packer Football. It has almost almost became Viking-Packer "shouting match" website. A Packer fan posting anything can expect a Viking fan to come back with some insulting stupid comment about him or the Packers.. In case some Packer fans on this forum don't know. Gannett purchased Green Bay's second newspaper (they already owned the Green Bay Press-Gazette also) a few months ago. The News-Chronicle has never made money, and is ceasing publication June 3rd. They pulled the plug on their Packer Forum a couple of days ago. Ryan , you will probably have to pay close attention in the next few days, who is coming over to your website from NC website. They are accustomed to have little or no supervision by the webmaster on either Packer Forum. Posters drift into any kind of postings from religious to political and anything in between, sometime with crude and explicit language with photos included. A few bad apples spoil a good thing and use freedom of speech as their right to say anything. They always forget , with freedom of speech there is responsibility. Some poster over in those two Forums do not use any .

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
They always forget , with freedom of speech there is responsibility.

bingo.

this forum isn't strict...but if you're not house trained then you belong outside. respect should be a formality.

am i right, or am i right, or am i right???

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PWT36 said:
They always forget , with freedom of speech there is responsibility.

bingo.

this forum isn't strict...but if you're not house trained then you belong outside. respect should be a formality.

am i right, or am i right, or am i right???
Agreed - I think I'm gonna llike havin' that beer with ol' PW....
What about it AG - You too far away to show up, as well?
For Training Camp, I mean... or even a few Brewer games, possible...?
I'll have to check, but maybe ol' Stormin' Gorman will still be holding his Chair at the local Basebal Bar, down the street a bit......LOL

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah this season is not realistic for me. but before i take the dirt nap i will see a packer home game...this much i know. but when i do, i'll try to hook up with as many packerforum heads as possible, and thats the truth...ruth. :wink:

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gravedigger, welcome! Yes. this is one site that is still Packer-related and free. Another is "Packerchatters.com" (No link, because I'm not that computer savvy). I also mourn the death of the GB-NC website. That was my main source of Packer news and chat. I even gave the jerks $50 to keep them going. Oh well- I feel it was money well spent, because the site did exiist for a couple more years. I see it as an investment in- just as I see my monthly credit card decuction to keep my local NPR station alive.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan , you will probably have to pay close attention in the next few days, who is coming over to your website from NC website. They are accustomed to have little or no supervision by the webmaster on either Packer Forum. Posters drift into any kind of postings from religious to political and anything in between, sometime with crude and explicit language with photos included. A few bad apples spoil a good thing and use freedom of speech as their right to say anything. They always forget , with freedom of speech there is responsibility. Some poster over in those two Forums do not use any .

We will see what happens. Hopefully we will have some great posters join us here. If we have people come in that just want to talk crap (in the incorrect places) the threads will be moved, locked or deleted based on the thread's content. The posters will be warned and then banned. I would obviously rather not do that to anyone, but you always have that one bad apple you know? Anyway, we will see what happens, after all, it is still technically a "private" website so the Admin(s) make(s) the rules. :)

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan-I'm glad you made that statement on the record. Thanks for the Forum! I will try to keep the Packer Fans on this forum informed from my location in De Pere. Hopefully I will able to attend the June minicamp, if weather doesn't prevent the team from being outside. I already made my plans to attend the Packer-Bills scrimmage (Family Nite) at Lambeau Field Saturday August 5th. Tickets go on sale at 10:00 am This Saturday, June 4th. Tickets are available by Phone (920)494-3401 or (800)895-0071 or over the internet www.packers.com for the direct link to order tickets after 10 am Saturday. Also available at the Packer Ticket Office at Lambeau Field, the Resch Ceter box office near Lambeau Field. The Tickets are $8.00

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is too bad that GB-NC has closed. There were a number of good posters over there. There are also a lot of hard core flamers and trolls. In addition, especially during this off season, 90% of the threads seem to be non-football much less non-Packer threads. I understand it's slow right now but I don't care to read about somone's personal problems, opinions in regards to other posters, some small clicks small talk, flamers, trolls. etc. Those are some of the reasons I haven't spent much time there lately and have been here and "Chatters". But it is too bad they will be gone because once season started it would probably cure most of the problems and, as was mentioned, there are some very good people that contributed there.

Ryan, you do a good job of administering this site, that's why I'm here. Thank You.
:chest:

If the flamers and trolls follows the good people you will really have your work cut out for you! Best Wishes.
:nono: :whip: :tables: :beer:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ToPackerFan-I been thinking how Packer forum fans in Green Bay for Packer event could get togther for a party or tailgate. Your posting got me to thinking
It would be nice if the Packer Forum Packer fans could get together for a little party sometime on Family nite August 5th or Pre season game or regular season game this season at one of the sports bars around Lambeau Field like Stadium View, The Bar, or Anduzzi's or even in the Atrium at Lambeau Field at The Hall of Fame Sports Bar and Grill or Curlys. Or maybe one of the Packer Forum fans has a recreation vehicle and plans to take in to G,B, he could park it in lambeau Field parking lot or another Parking lot around Lambeau. I just throwing suggestions out, please put your input in also. Who knows it could be a yearly affair, I am getting to be a promoter just like IBPrez. Ryan have you got a idea how we could set up a topic on this forum for a Packer forum Packer Party in Green Bay this season. Where Packer fans could tell us what dates they could attend, it might be possible to have different dates for fans who can not make the first date. Since IBPrez has experence with something like this, maybe both of us could work on this project. It would great to meet the people behind the users name on this forum. What do Packer forum Fans think?? It would great if the Forum's founder Ryan and brother and family could be at the party.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan, you do a good job of administering this site, that's why I'm here. Thank You.

If the flamers and trolls follows the good people you will really have your work cut out for you! Best Wishes.

Thank you.

If they come.. We will institute more moderators and simply get our "delete and ban" on :)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys that frequent other boards, make sure you drop a link back here when you see people coming over from GBNC. I was just over on the chatters site browsing around but I didn't login to plug. Didn't think having one post and posting a link to the site would be appropriate!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
You guys that frequent other boards, make sure you drop a link back here when you see people coming over from GBNC. I was just over on the chatters site browsing around but I didn't login to plug. Didn't think having one post and posting a link to the site would be appropriate!

I had a Packersforum.com sig at packersnews.com and wow talk about getting lynch mobbed for it ... geez

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just now found out that the News Chronicle is going out of business. I am hoping I can reconnect with some of the same people who posted on that site. It sounds like this site has a more involved moderator, so maybe this will be a good thing in the end.

I wish I had some news or opinion to offer, but so far I haven't heard any news about June 1st cuts or about the first day of training camp.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg.

Welcome to the site guy. I try to stay involved to keep the trash talk in the smack area and the real chat under the correct topics. Hopefully we will snatch up a few of your former posters from GBNC. If you know anyone's email, shoot them one and have them come out here!

Hope you enjoy the site.

Slick. It doesn't suprise me, you are bold enough to use a sig from our site on someone else's :) That's awesome.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to find members of the brethren again...

Gravedigger and others.

I landed over at the packernews forum. I am going to check it out for awhile. I will also see what I think of this one.

Great to reconnect. Where is brother JBlood?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce, glad to have you on the site. Hope you stick around for us as we pick up for the season here.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I found curious(maybe not so if you consider it Gannett) is they didn't even give any of us a 24 hour notice of shutdown. I wonder if they would complain if the feds shut down their corporate office without notice.

None the less, thanks Ryan for your efforts here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts