Is this team built for bad weather?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texas9ersfan.

Actually every team runs it's on variation of the West Coast offense that Walsh first became famous for. There are many different hybrids out there now including the one used by the Packers. We don't throw to the running back much but we do run the precise routes called for under the system. But the West Coast offense is not 50-50 as you said. It's a passing offense, like 65(pass) to 35(run).

And I can give you a lot more references if you don't like Wikepedia but they all are consistent in what they state. Check this one. Remind you a bit of the Packers?

http://www.westcoastoffense.com/overview.htm

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Dan115

I think you misunderstood. The coaches are concerned with a windy game. Whenever that happens we will find out.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny, because they were saying Longwell had trouble with that one kick because he was kicking into the wind.
Talk about kickers having trouble... It's not even the half yet and Akers is 3-6 FG tries. He had two blocked and one missed.

The offense is making some great drives but they're not scoring any TDs... receivers are dropping passes. UGH!

What a crappy half of football. At least the Niners are winning 9-0.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am only saying what The Packer coaches said about the team playing in bad weather. The wind can be a great equalizer. LOL
My post referred to the posters (Croak) comments about Longwell kicking into the wind. Some say it wasn't windy but by most accounts it was. LOL

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone concerned that these Packers are not really built for bad weather?

This team thrives on airing it out and frequently throwing downfield with success, I'm concerned that phase of their game may suffer when the snowflakes and the temperature starts falling.
Your premise is spot-on, which is another reason we need Starks healthy.

Our team playing in Atlanta and New Orleans and in the Dallas dome, in cold weather? No problem.
Playing in Chicago, New York, Green Bay in arctic weather? It obviously has a negative impact on a precise passing-team like us.

Besides it being windy at times, the ball gets harder (ask Crosby), and everything just hurts more.
The ground is harder...... I hate cold weather!

I will be writing a piece this week about this topic, somewhat. Satire.....

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying this. And Brian Billick said it today during the Niners game. "No one in the NFL matches up better with the Packers to play in the cold at Lambeau than the 49ers."

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers played in Chicago and Philadelphia in January last year. He did well. Not superb but enough to win. Not too worried

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I've been saying this. And Brian Billick said it today during the Niners game. "No one in the NFL matches up better with the Packers to play in the cold at Lambeau than the 49ers."

The Packers are going to the SB. Because for two weeks leading up to the SB I would much rather watch/listen to Aaron Rodgers then Alex Smith. The end. That is all there is to it. It's also my Super Bowl being in Indy and I am choosing the QB (Rodgers) and he will be in it and win it.

/thread

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thats the spirit Dan. No weather issues in the Colts stadium. Just get there and let it rip.

Members online

Latest posts