Is this season a disappointment if it doesn't end in Dallas?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Meaning getting to the Super Bowl. The expectations are there and they're very real. The team is even acknowledging them. So, I put it to the fans. Is this season a disappointment if we aren't in the Super Bowl at the end?

I don't think so. Still a young team, we're going to be good for awhile. Personally, I expect to be in the NFC Championship. That's my benchmark this year. We don't even have to win it. I just want to go on a bit of a playoff run. I think it's the next progression after last year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feeling really good about the Pack's chances this year.
So yeah. It would be a let down if they don't get to Dallas.
Especially after what happened in AZ earlier this year.
It would also be sweet for Burnt Fail to watch his former team move on without him.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Disappointing Yes.

But we have the talent to make it that far.

And we got a great QB at the helm.

Who knows. I hope this is our year

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meaning getting to the Super Bowl. The expectations are there and they're very real. The team is even acknowledging them. So, I put it to the fans. Is this season a disappointment if we aren't in the Super Bowl at the end?

I don't think so. Still a young team, we're going to be good for awhile. Personally, I expect to be in the NFC Championship. That's my benchmark this year. We don't even have to win it. I just want to go on a bit of a playoff run. I think it's the next progression after last year.

There's always a level of disappointment when they get anything but a SB victory, but I don't think so. You could argue the SB window is closing fast with the shifting economic climate and the amount of free agent contracts coming up (far less worse than it looks). Truth is they have a great core for the next several years (and in Rodgers case probably the next decade).

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Every decent team and their fans are talking SB. I always find this time of the year hilarious to listen to fans of every team talk how this is the year of their SB. Dallas fans have already penciled in the Cowboys as the NFC champs this year. Vikings the same. Remember last years preseason hype? Didn't really predict the reality of it at all. GB is probably going to be a better than average/good team.

SB? Who knows. Who would have picked the Saints last year in preseason to win it.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I dunno, I hope we win the superbowl. but as long as we improve I'll be happy. It's season like this where we have high expectations then end up 8-8 when I get depressed. So as long as we win a playoff game it's a success in my book.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

It took Brett Favre few seasons before he led the team to the Playoffs and the NFC Title game.

Back when Favre was a great player not a wash up Overrated QB playing for a team that also is overrated.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the defense can stop people from passing on them then they will take it all.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the defense can stop people from passing on them then they will take it all.

this!

the only thing that worries me is the secondary getting torn apart by decent quarterbacks, and there is lots of potential for that to happen with games against Kolb, McNabb, Favre x2, E.Manning, T. ****, Ryan...

I feel like almost every other aspect of the Packers game is pretty much established, special teams being the other with some big question marks heading into the season. IMO, our secondary is gonna really decide our fate.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this!

the only thing that worries me is the secondary getting torn apart by decent quarterbacks, and there is lots of potential for that to happen with games against Kolb, McNabb, Favre x2, E.Manning, T. ****, Ryan...

I feel like almost every other aspect of the Packers game is pretty much established, special teams being the other with some big question marks heading into the season. IMO, our secondary is gonna really decide our fate.
I don't see any question marks on ST.

I KNOW they will suck.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this particular moment the Packers are undeniably one of the elite teams in the NFL for a variety of reasons. Go ahead and get excited about a super bowl, why not? But we won't begin to get a real barometer for the Packers 2010-2011 potential until we enter the bye week in week 10. Or week 15 @ New England.

Week 7- Vikes
Week 8- @Jets
Week 9- Cowboys
Week 10-Bye
Week 11- @Vikes

For now I'm just enjoying the hype! p.s- I like the Arrested Development picture "caw caw caw!"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I won't be disappointed. I'm not sure the Packers have all the pieces for a run at the big show yet. I'll be thrilled if they get that far. I'm hoping they make the playoffs. They play some real quality teams in the NFC east and AFC east this year, besides North opponents who are improving. I'll be disappointed if the Packers don't make the playoffs; anything other than that and I'll be satisfied.

Members online

Latest posts