Is this pet peeve exclusive to me?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I never intended this thread to be about other pet peeves...I was thinking more along the line of football-related pet peeves, as this is a football forum. I thought that kinda goes with out saying but...I guess not.

Seriously?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need reaslly to retire jersey numbers anyway, but especially at the WR position where the #'s are limited.
Again, I agree with the original poster, and feel like college is wacked having WR's (and RB's) wearing single digits or teens..... let's let the RB's wear 20's & 30's, and 40's, and let the WR's wear 80's in the NFL. It just flows better.

But it's not that big a deal. I just happen to agree with the OP here.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

It peeves me when the official won't get in the linebackers way when we are trying to run ball.
It peeves me when it rains and the darn ball gets wet.
It peeves me when the wind keeps the ball from going through the uprights.
It peeves me when comercials interupt the game.
I just get no respect at all.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I hate when you're at the game and there are people around you talking very loudly about the game and they have no idea what they're talking about. I was at a game last year and overheard a guy yell "C'mon ref! That was intentional passing!" in reference to a questionable intentional grounding call. I'm not saying I know everything about the game, but if I'm gonna make conversation about something or yell about it, I try to make sure I have some idea of the subject I'm speaking on. ESPN/the media has really made a lot people think they know a lot about sports when they really don't know a putter from a jockstrap.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate when you're at the game and there are people around you talking very loudly about the game and they have no idea what they're talking about. I was at a game last year and overheard a guy yell "C'mon ref! That was intentional passing!" in reference to a questionable intentional grounding call. I'm not saying I know everything about the game, but if I'm gonna make conversation about something or yell about it, I try to make sure I have some idea of the subject I'm speaking on. ESPN/the media has really made a lot people think they know a lot about sports when they really don't know a putter from a jockstrap.

I know how you feel, when I was at Clemson and sitting in the student section, there was ALWAYS someone who had no idea what they were talking about but yelling as loud as possible.

My pet peeve is when the team that is losing is on defense and the 2 minute warning comes up, they don't call a timeout. For example: GB on defense, down by 6 with 2:10 remaining and the clock is ticking. If you call a timeout here, the 2 minute warning will essentially serve as a 4th timeout for you, because even if they run the ball on the next play the clock will stop soon. Coaches almost always just let 10 seconds or so run off the clock to the 2 minute warning. What a waste!

So I guess my pet peeve is poor clock management by coaches (unless it helps us of course).

Members online

Latest posts