Is this one of the weirdest/worst starting years for the Pack?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st we have a wonky schedule of every other day BUT Sunday.
The MNF fiasco.
Looks like the bounty program is still in place or the Taint's player is still in that mentality with Rodgers getting jabbed in the eye.
Even the real refs are against us. This time at Lambeau.
Barely squeak out a win against Drew ****** and the Taint's.
And now the Packers face a three week consecutive road trip and among those teams is the Texans.

I hope things get better for us and fast.
I can't stand all this crap they are going through.
Does the NFL hate them or something?
Just what the hell is going on?
I'm still waiting for them to have another perfectly, good smooth game like they did against Da Bears.
Will we get it again?

D

Dan115

The Packers are 2-2 one game out of first place. Could easily be 3-1. Let's just see what our coach comes up with.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Texans game will be a test for us indeed. That might just be our turning point.....for the best or for the worst.

JJ Watt and Brian Cushing are beastly defenders. We better figure out how to protect Arod by that game or it may just be lights out. Not to mention their running game is off the charts nasty.

IamAthimble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Texans game. We should roll through Indianapolis, even if we are only decent, there is no excuse for losing to the Colts when you're Green Bay. After that, the Texans are THE biggest test of the season. They are slightly better than the 49ers, but I think if we crank it up, we can win this one. It will be the turning point of the season, in my opinion.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If the game vs the Texans was going to be a home game I would be saying that we have a decent shot at beating them.....but being a road game.....chances are gunna be slim.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Don't laugh at that one.....with our luck MJD will run for 195 yds on us.

I just hope we can make Gabbert fold up like a lawn chair under heavy pressure....which aint that hard to do.
Gabbert will get better but not enough to beat us in a few weeks.

H

HardRightEdge

I dunno. I said before the season began that a 3-3 start would not be particularly surprising.

Expecting a repeat of 30+ points per game, a 120+ QB rating, and a killer giveaway/takeaway ratio is a bit overly optimistic. At the same time, we knew there was a retooling of the defense in progress that would show some growing pains. And the front end of this schedule is pretty tough. We didn't play many good defenses last season, and the physical play of SF's and SEA's secondaries made for poor matchups.

Look on the bright side...being 2-2 pretty much guarantees we will not be looking past IND to HOU.

That said, HOU looked like the pivotal game from the get go. By week 6, your identity should be established, you know what you have, what you can do, and what you can't. While I don't expect a win on the road against this top SB contender, a very competitive game should be expected. A win would be a very big deal; a competitive loss would not be the end of the world.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, considering the refs gave the Seahawks the game, and then tried their darndest to do it again in the SSaints game, we're not too bad. Remember if we won that Seattle game we would be tied for the division lead. And didn't I just hear the Minny's QB just go down? And so far we are winning any tiebreaker with the Bears.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, considering the refs gave the Seahawks the game, and then tried their darndest to do it again in the SSaints game, we're not too bad. Remember if we won that Seattle game we would be tied for the division lead. And didn't I just hear the Minny's QB just go down? And so far we are winning any tiebreaker with the Bears.
Nothing wrong with Ponder. And currently, MN hold the tie breaker over the Bears and Packers. (sure that will change.)

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beatin' the Texans in the present shape might be a little bit of a challenge, as far as i can judge this from germany.

the texans look like a real improved team to me, and the packers look like they downgraded a little bit on defense and on O-Line. I am a Packers Fan since 1996, when i got in touch with football, but i can hardly remember so many sacks.

That is definitely not championship football, i think. As i mentioned, it is a view from very far, but the pack seemed to be too much focussed on getting a excellent offense even better, and forgot about defense.

And over the Strength of the QB's Arm they might have forgotten thinking about a little bit of a ground game. And i still don't think you can be a champion without any ground game.

Maybe too many parts of the team to improve to be a champion this year.

But: we're 2-2-0, it could be even worse, we should be 3-1-0, and maybe there is a way to improve the weak defense, the worse O-Line, and maybe we can get a better balance between running and passing game.

A season is much to long to judge now....

Just an impression from germany, maybe totaly wrong.

by the way, i beg your pardon for my poor english, if there are any mistakes in my speech and my writing.....

Greetings from Germany to Green Bay.....

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beatin' the Texans in the present shape might be a little bit of a challenge, as far as i can judge this from germany.

the texans look like a real improved team to me, and the packers look like they downgraded a little bit on defense and on O-Line. I am a Packers Fan since 1996, when i got in touch with football, but i can hardly remember so many sacks.

That is definitely not championship football, i think. As i mentioned, it is a view from very far, but the pack seemed to be too much focussed on getting a excellent offense even better, and forgot about defense.

And over the Strength of the QB's Arm they might have forgotten thinking about a little bit of a ground game. And i still don't think you can be a champion without any ground game.

Maybe too many parts of the team to improve to be a champion this year.

But: we're 2-0-2, it could be even worse, and maybe there is a way to improve the weak defense, the worse O-Line, and maybe we can get a better balance between running and passing game.

A season is much to long to judge now....

Just an impression from germany, maybe totally wrong.

Greetings from Germany to Green Bay.....
Things looked bleak for the 2010 season too.
But they managed to pull it together and win the Super Bowl.
Have faith my brother. Have faith.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes they did....they won championships, when you didn't expect them, and spoiled the Playoffs when having an almost perfect regular season....

You'll never know what you get...

Anyway, the Pack keeps me awake through german nights.....regardless what result we might receive.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just be glad your not this guy or rooting for this team. LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the game vs the Texans was going to be a home game I would be saying that we have a decent shot at beating them.....but being a road game.....chances are gunna be slim.
The way the calls are going against us when we're in the right is crazy. Both sides will hafta play lites out

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember that year that Favre and the boys started 1-4...
LOL
Nobody quit and they still made it into the playoffs.

We got pounded by SF plain n simple.

and one blown call vs seattle.

So there is our two L's.... should we be 3-1? Yes
Will we be fine at 2-2? Yes
Look at the teams we play before the bye week.....

12 should be able to be back to his old MVP ways by the time we play the Lions.

Weird / Crazy start to the season. But MM will have them focused on the road ahead. Go Pack.

Bring on the Colts.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I thought about the Saints game the more I like how the Packers are playing right now. They completely outplayed the saints, very little went our way on Sunday between the 2 or 3 big mess ups by the refs, the Graham Harrell fiasco, and the Tramon interception where I think it was Burnett essentially tackled him before he could catch it. If any of these plays had gone our way especially the two fumble plays (Harrell and the ref mess up) it would not have been close.

That was a desperate Saints team who probably played their hearts out knowing they needed a win and we still beat them even with almost nothing but that missed field goal at the end going our way. I like the Packers offense now that the real refs are back and the D has been playing very well the past three games (after all it was Drew Brees 27 points is a very solid effort for this D against him). The Packers are looking good and underrated to the media and casual observer for the first time since the middle of the 2010 season. This is just the place we want to be.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's not weird at all. Nothing is certain in this league and a lot changes from year to year. And very few teams are as consistent as the Pats in the regular season or the old Colts used to be.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I guess my point is yeah the refs have been strange but starting with a loss or two is not unheard of. It happens.

Even the painfully consistent old Colts under Manning had 2008 where they started the year 1-2, then 3-4, but then ripped off the rest of them to finish 12-4.

The Pats won a SB one year after getting blown out by Buffalo in the opener.

The Giants have won two SB's after not winning their openers and one season started 0-2.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans game will be a test for us indeed. That might just be our turning point.....for the best or for the worst.

JJ Watt and Brian Cushing are beastly defenders. We better figure out how to protect Arod by that game or it may just be lights out. Not to mention their running game is off the charts nasty.

The idea of JJ Watt man-handeling Bulaga and Newhouse already scares me.

I compare the Texans game to the Jets game in 2010. The Jets game was the turning point of 2010. When the defense pitched a shut-out and the Packers won a tough road game, you could feel everything turn around.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The idea of JJ Watt man-handeling Bulaga and Newhouse already scares me.

I compare the Texans game to the Jets game in 2010. The Jets game was the turning point of 2010. When the defense pitched a shut-out and the Packers won a tough road game, you could feel everything turn around.

Problem is the Houston O is worlds better then that Jets O was. Sanchez stinks.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of things scare me so far. The offense has been dreadful so far. Rodgers is missing throws he didn't miss in the past... Jennings just can't stay healthy... Receivers and Tight-Ends are dropping too many balls. I would like to see the Packers put together a complete game.

I am very pleased with the defense and special teams. The special teams is the best I've seen in ten years. Fake field goals and punts are working and Mathsay is a BEAST! CM3 looks strong again and I like the looks of the rookies.

The Seattle fiasco is tough to overlook. If you take a win away from the 2010 Packers (or screw up the tie-breaker held over Tampa Bay), the Super Bowl Champs don't make the playoffs. If you take away a win from the 2011 Giants, the Super Bowl Champs don't make the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think the Packers NEED TO WIN THE DIVISION to make the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts