OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
ESPN

The facial resemblance is undeniable, the bloodlines are unparalleled, and the future is still undetermined.

But thanks to the Atlanta Falcons, Joe Lombardi, the grandson of Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi (for whom the Super Bowl trophy is named), now has a chance to make a name for himself.

The Falcons have hired Lombardi, offensive coordinator at Mercyhurst College in Erie, Pa., for the last four seasons, as a defensive assistant. Lombardi, who primarily will work in quality control, replaces Dennis Allen, who left the Atlanta staff two weeks ago to become the New Orleans Saints' assistant defensive line coach.

"Joe brings a great deal of energy, excitement, and enthusiasm to his new role as defensive assistant," Falcons head coach Jim Mora said in a statement. "He has been a coach on both sides of the ball and has extensive experience at the collegiate level working with the defensive line. We are excited that he has agreed to become a member of our team."

Lombardi was not immediately available for comment.

A graduate of the United States Air Force Academy in 1994, Lombardi was a tight end and three-time letterman as a player.

He coached the defensive line at the University of Dayton from 1996-98, a period in which the Flyers posted a 20-game winning streak. Lombardi was also the special teams coordinator at Dayton during part of his tenture.

Lombardi coached offensive linemen and tight ends at Virginia Military Institute in 1999 and then was the defensive line coach and strength and conditioning coordinator at Bucknell in 2000. In 2001, Lombardi was the tight ends and running backs for the New York/New Jersey Hitmen of of the short-lived XFL.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

Someday could lightening strike twice in Green Bay?
clean up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......just cause Grandpa was great, is no guarentee he will ever be. But you never know.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Well......just cause Grandpa was great, is no guarentee he will ever be. But you never know"-Cheesey

Please see Kennedy family.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
See also...Bush Family...

(that goes double..Cali...)

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
See also...Bush Family...

P@ck66,

Let's not inject politics into another thread that will get that thread shut down by Ryan due to one political comment that started a wave of response.

I know this is the off season. I am just like you. I miss the game. I am with you my friend, but this is a football forum.

I am just like you. I need a fix of football. I am hurting for a fix of football or a kick-off on Sunday morning. I am hurting for football and going through the shakes and withdrawls like a crack addict who has been dragged into a polling station on election day by California Democrat Diane Hitlerstien on election day.

You will never see me bring Politics into a thread.

Let's keep this forum on the up and up.... shall we? :)

Thanks,

RP

R.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts