Is the lack of one thing hurting the rest?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to some of you on here:
The Pack doesn't have a running game.
The Special Teams suck.
Aaron Rodgers has to throw more often which will probably lead to more interceptions.

It seems that when one thing of a football team is lacking it affects the rest.
And then when one unit is doing well, so are the others.
(Like when the Pack went to and won the recent SB, both O and D were awesome. Not just one or the other.)

Anyway, with the gaps in the Pack, and seeing how one seems to have a domino effect on the other, is it always like this for football teams?

In any case, I really really hope that somehow the Pack will either get it together or find a way to beat the stronger teams when it's showtime.
I don't want to fall into the negativity that I see on here. Any tips on how to stay positive are always welcome.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine you need to have all three phases of offense, defense and special teams playing well in order to win, though I think offense and defense are a little more important than special teams. That said, If one breaks down, you can compensate for it by being strong in other areas. For example, the Steelers went to 3-0 with little in the way of offense, but a good defense. The Bears beat us with good special teams despite a relatively weak defense and a not so stellar offensive showing.

Good teams find a way to win. Period. We had another crappy performance yesterday, putting up 0 offensive points in the second half. Somehow we still managed to win the game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I imagine you need to have all three phases of offense, defense and special teams playing well in order to win, though I think offense and defense are a little more important than special teams. That said, If one breaks down, you can compensate for it by being strong in other areas. For example, the Steelers went to 3-0 with little in the way of offense, but a good defense. The Bears beat us with good special teams despite a relatively weak defense and a not so stellar offensive showing.

Good teams find a way to win. Period. We had another crappy performance yesterday, putting up 0 offensive points in the second half. Somehow we still managed to win the game.

I don't think the run game in and of itself is that bad. It just needs to be implemented more. MM uses the philosophy "throw the pass to set up the runs". This is the stereotypical west coast offense philosophy. I don't think he resorts to the run enough, though, after he has set the defense up for it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no issues with the run game. It is what it is, but our offensive line isn't conducive to having a power run game. That said, Kuhn yesterday was a friggin stud. The guy just ran down their throats, and he did it when we needed him to. I was very impressed that we were able to chew up the final 6 minutes of the clock with the run.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers doesn't seem too pleased with the offensive philosophy right now. He thinks we shoud use a spread and **** and dunk it down the field like they did last week. I can't really disagree with him. Last week was the only time this year I felt the offense really got into a rhythm. I mean barring all those penalties we absolutely dominated offensively. Rodgers and the offense posted more yards than they had all year. So, I really think he's right. They should use the short pass more. It works.

Anyways, Aaron was really upset in his press conference...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said over and over again, short of ST, we have plenty of talent everywhere.

Not only that, we have already played like a cohesive team. Moreso, the core is together for what will be 3 years now.

IMHO it's just lack of focus. They're simply not giving their all for 60 minutes, and when they see that they need to, sometimes they can't get it back.

They're going to games thinking that they'll win whenever they want and it doesn't happen like this.

This will be corrected. How long till it is, I don't know. And, when crunch time comes, will they be able to put it together, or the mental aspect will bring them down? That I don't know either.

But I'm not worried about making the playoffs, really am not.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense just took a hit- Morgan Burnett is done for the year with an ACL tear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts