Is Ted done?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure if TT is done in the FA market, but he was at Wisconsin's Pro Day on Wednesday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope that TT is not done. My biggest concern at the start of the 2017-18 season was going to be how our DB group looked like. And there has been little done in that area to improve the team. I am not much of a NCAAF fan but I have talked to several knowledgeable folks who believe that this draft is a really deep one and we may be able to get some decent roster ready DB's there.

However, if TT does end up going into next season with only the current DB's we have plus rookies, I will be very concerned. I am just not sold on Randall and Rollins covering other teams top receivers. Especially Randall. He seems to give up big plays almost every game.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope that TT is not done. My biggest concern at the start of the 2017-18 season was going to be how our DB group looked like. And there has been little done in that area to improve the team. I am not much of a NCAAF fan but I have talked to several knowledgeable folks who believe that this draft is a really deep one and we may be able to get some decent roster ready DB's there.

However, if TT does end up going into next season with only the current DB's we have plus rookies, I will be very concerned. I am just not sold on Randall and Rollins covering other teams top receivers. Especially Randall. He seems to give up big plays almost every game.

welcome to the forum!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think with cap rollover and rookie salaries accounted for, we're probably down to about 6-8 million to spend tops. That's not enough for both of the players you've mentioned.

This is the stubbornness from TT that drives me crazy. There gonna force feed Randall into the no.1 corner spot when he hasn't even played all that well as the no.2.

If it doesn't work which I expect it to not the only other option will be throwing a rookie in there.

Why? Because TT had to "roll cap over." It's just beyond ridiculous.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the stubbornness from TT that drives me crazy. There gonna force feed Randall into the no.1 corner spot when he hasn't even played all that well as the no.2.

If it doesn't work which I expect it to not the only other option will be throwing a rookie in there.

Why? Because TT had to "roll cap over." It's just beyond ridiculous.

league average cap rollover was about 9.2 million last year
packers had about 8 million in unused cap
i don't think it's strictly a "Ted is stubborn!" thing, but i quite honestly don't know why teams do this *shrug*
but... they do, so i'm expecting to see it again this year

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
league average cap rollover was about 9.2 million last year
packers had about 8 million in unused cap
i don't think it's strictly a "Ted is stubborn!" thing, but i quite honestly don't know why teams do this *shrug*
but... they do, so i'm expecting to see it again this year

Even with the rollover he could sign Claiborne.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
probably could. not claiborne + barwin as some people were suggesting though. of the two, i'd be more excited by barwin.

A.Brown, D. Bryant, J. Jones, AJ. Green, M. Evans are just some of the no.1's we face this season.

Claiborne provides much more value here. They can draft some pass rush.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A.Brown, D. Bryant, J. Jones, AJ. Green, M. Evans are just some of the no.1's we face this season.

The secondary is going to get eaten alive in all 5 of those games I can almost guarantee it. In fact BOOK Mark this threadbbecause I'm also confident that each QB will throw for at least 300 yds and 2 touchdowns each. Ryan, Dalton, and Winston will probably all toss 3 at the least. The only reason why the other ones won't throw as many is because I expect Bell and Elliott to run all over is so they won't need to. The defense hasn't improved one bit. It's actually gotten worse as of today.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ravens are offering Claiborne $5M and he wants $7.5M

Claiborne has struggled to stay on the field, missing 33 of a possible 80 games because of injuries. With that, he should fit right into the Packers secondary, sign him! :coffee:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Claiborne could maintain his coverage ability while wrapped in an 8-inch layer of bubble wrap, I would be on board.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take the gamble on Claiborne.

Gamble is the right word because he's going to get hurt at some point. The best thing for the team who signs him is it's not in the playoffs. With an already frail group of corners you just can't bring him here for more than 3 mil a year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Even though he is 4 years older, I think I would take Brandon Carr over Claiborne, based on the fact that he hasn't missed a single game in his career.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the best thing to do is gamble on Randall because he is "the fountain of health".

And when he is healthy he sucks anyways.

Claiborne is better then any corner we have. He trended in the right direction last year. It's not the best plan but with TT getting out foxed by the likes Belichick and not getting Gilmore it's the best option.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the best thing to do is gamble on Randall because he is "the fountain of health".

And when he is healthy he sucks anyways.

Claiborne is better then any corner we have. He trended in the right direction last year. It's not the best plan but with TT getting out foxed by the likes Belichick and not getting Gilmore it's the best option.

I think a lot of people are assuming TT was going after a big name CB. Personally, I don't think he was. I have said it a few times, if you watch his combine interview, he has himself convinced that the poor play of the CB's was due to injuries. This is really no different than how he handled the TE position after Finley was hurt and the ILB position, over confidence in his own players.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are assuming TT was going after a big name CB. Personally, I don't think he was. I have said it a few times, if you watch his combine interview, he has himself convinced that the poor play of the CB's was due to injuries. This is really no different how he handled the TE position after Finley was hurt and the ILB position, over confident in his own players.

And him not being able to fill holes of need in a timely manner. I agree

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are assuming TT was going after a big name CB. Personally, I don't think he was. I have said it a few times, if you watch his combine interview, he has himself convinced that the poor play of the CB's was due to injuries. This is really no different than how he handled the TE position after Finley was hurt and the ILB position, over confidence in his own players.

Sounds like 10-6 and an early playoff exit to me. So sick of the ********.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I honestly did not think that TT was/is going for a big name CB. However, I did not expect (still do not) for him to bank totally on the combination of Randall and Rollins bouncing back AND rookie CB's being ready for NFL matchups. Going into next year with last years DB's and this rookie class would be inexcusable given how poorly our secondary performed last season. Call it bad judgment, over-confidence, whatever. Not doing anything to fix a problem when everyone knows the problem exists is the exact reason managers get fired for. Especially in the Pro Sports business.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Still fills the seats and pays the bills ;)

Yep, go out and sign Bennett getting all the casual fans super excited. Sell a bunch of jersey's. Look everyone in the eyes and say the defense is gonna get better and the expectations are to win a Super Bowl. Lol.

I'm not falling for it anymore.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yep, go out and sign Bennett getting all the casual fans super excited. Sell a bunch of jersey's. Look everyone in the eyes and say the defense is gonna get better and the expectations are to win a Super Bowl. Lol.

I'm not falling for it anymore.
You've got ole Teddy boy figured out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts